Bauhn (Aldi) AX42FD2 (42")

Bauhn (Aldi) AX42FD2 (42") Questions & Answers

6 questions from our users

Angelo

Angeloasked

AX42FD2 (42")

The Television was working fine but after shifting to another position the picture will no longer come on. I have tried switching on from the side and using the remote to start but cannot get any picture or sound or anything. Any ideas what might have gone wrong ? TV is several years old now

Martin

Martinasked

AX42FD2 (42")

Can i get audio out on my baun tv?

Lorraine

Lorraineasked

AX42FD2 (42")

My tv makes a squealing noise and then no picture. Any ideas, has it died or should I be getting it repaired?

terrasprite

I don't specifically know the answer to that issue Lorraine, however I understand that this model was recalled or removed from sale. I suggest you contact Aldi right away to see what they can do.

Ujj

Ujjasked

AX42FD2 (42")

How to connect external speaker on this tv? I bought rcm to 3.5mm cable to connect single speaker but it does not help. Instead of sound which I suppose to come from speaker it's still from tv speaker.

Hi. Sorry. My friend connected a sound bar for me. He's an electrician. I have no idea how he did it. It sounds fantastic.
Good luck

Hi there,
I don't know the unit well enough but I imagine you will need to go into the menu and find the external speaker options and switch from there.

sapphire
sapphire

Sorry but I have not tried to connect speakers to this TV so don't know how it is done.

Emily

Emilyasked

AX42FD2 (42")

Is this TV plasma or LCD?

It's been taken off the market now.

terrasprite

According to the specs this is an 'LED/LCD'. In other words an LED television.

jasper

jasperasked

AX42FD2 (42")

Can anyone reccomend what sort of external hard drive that works on this tv? I have tried 2 so far and they are not compatible?

G. S
G. S

Must be (older or Apples) Fat 32 formatted HDD. Do not attempt to reformat the HDD (for use via the TV) using latest post Windows XP computers (most are Fat 64) unless you are SURE computers HDD is a F32 format too! (Check C drive properties - I'm lead to believe that Apples still use Fat32) - ps most earlier TVs c PVR function Also have a HDD size limit too. My Samsung 50 inch plasma is recommended max 500 gb capacity HDD (pref certain brands eg.Western Digital). I have attached as large as 1.5 TB Seagate ok- But TV wouldn't do formatting for it. Most new retail bought Thumb drives are F32 out of the box though some aren't immediately ready to PlugN Play however (why?)
update - end 2015 a friend bought the large $1200 60ish inch from Aldi. Sympathies I experienced you frustration re Bauhn! Couldn't play my Sandisc F32 thumb drive on Bauhn but great on my TV (this 16gb thumb drive was only ever Factory pre-Formatted & Not by the Bauhn TV prior to loading it c Movies)
Sorry I couldn't see a simple fix up using manual supplied - so I advised them to call the Aldi Service desk. (Hoping for an easy fix). Good Luck - let me know!

See all ALDI Bauhn Full HD TV questions

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives