ALDI Bauhn Full HD TV

ALDI Bauhn Full HD TV (page 2 of 7)

2019 Models, 2010-2015 Models, 2016 Models, 2017 Models and 2018 Models

See the Best Full HD TVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

terrible quality

I purchased the tv had it a week picture quality very poor washed out could not change it with the controls..playing a video was very dark had to change the picture quality. Picture was always either very red or pink I returned the tv with no problem under the 30 day customer satisfaction gurantee policy.

Purchased in January 2019 for $299.00.

Performance
Picture Quality
Software
Sound Quality

Good value

6 Energy Star, 142kwh. HD Channels look good. Turns on and SD channel ready in 7 seconds. Black boot screen (much better than Kogan's superbright high beam boot screen). Upscaled content looks blobby, I would prefer pixelated. I can't find the Service Mode code for this model (Menu+1147 doesn't work). Switches to HDMI automatically when using Steam or Chromecast. Pause/Play/Stop works for Chromecast too. Remote has rubber buttons, feels ok. Current selected channel is hard to read on TV Guide because white text on light blue should be black text.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Perfect working

Buy 52'" tv from Aldi i am using it from 2 years. Still working very finely. No problem in this 2 years. Worth to buy it. Picture quality is great. Good working condition. Love this product. Price is also in range. Best product. Screen size is good. Worth to buy it from aldi.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

TV dead after 11 month. Waiting on repair for a month now.

TV dead after 11 month.
Reported to Bauhn warranty provider "tempo" a month ago.
Now I am still Waiting for the repair person to come.
The repair person said he will come Today, but never show up.

What a disaster .
I wish I can give this rubbish product 0 star.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Don't bother

Don’t bother. Piece of poorly put together junk. Have a white line running permanently across the screen. Screen also jammed on the USB settings. Unable to release from this. Resists turning off, every button on the remote control, disconnecting DVD player, disconnecting Telstra television module. Useless can’t use it. Has not worked out all the kinks

Date PurchasedJun 2018

not bad for the price you pay

The sound is not the best but I connected a pair of computer speakers ($25 dollars) with sub woofer and problem fixed. Nothing wrong with it and good value for $300 Dollars. Picture is excellent and the built in DVD player is a bonus. Will look at the larger screens when upgrading.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

reasonable for the price you pay

4k had just been launched not too long before that, and while other TVs of that size and 4k were expensive, it made $500+ a good deal. Worked fine, easy to use, never once broke down. Color was off though... super 'red'.. tried adjusting it, but didn't help much. Sound was ok. As did not expect much for that price, it served its purpose. It's been 4 years and the TV is still going fine. It has so far survived 2 moves/relocations, and no issues.

Date PurchasedOct 2014

bad enough

The one I am using was made back in early 2015, only have been using it for 2 or three months, before that, it has been sitting in the spare bedroom rarely been used. Now it’s totally dead, very dissipating and a waste of money that’s for sure! No more TV from Aldi and no more this brand!

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Not good

Rubbish, the remote doesn’t work and the sound is ordinary to say the least. We had to turn off at the power point because nothing would work and the sound was aweful. I’m returning this tomorrow! I expected better from Aldi what’s next chocolate will be off!
We are very disappointed.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Good cheap HD tv

Picture is very good
Sound is awful - not a problem for me as use with bose speaker.
tv is very light and should be able to fix to wall easily. Has plenty of hdmi ports and works well with fetch tv.
Slight delay with remote - but not a problem

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Lasted 10 months ...

I bought the 58” for $899, thought it was good for the money then today it died ...

I have emailed Aldi so I will have to see how their customer service culture deals with the situation ...

I like Aldi but I would not buy a tv there again, in this day and age tv’s should not die even if they are cheaper models ...

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Garbage

17 months later it’s dead. The standby lights is on and the TV is non-responsive. The TV has terrible sound quality, is slow to start up and the HDMI seems to lose the signal. Clearly another one who buys this garbage will be sorry. A waste of $700, very disappointed and will not buy this brand again.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Terrible TV no back up support

The picture quality was average at best, the in built speakers will distort at basic levels, plenty of ports with this unit, My main beef is their attitude to my complaint -that the picture stopped coming on after about 9 months and you would just get the sound after about 5 minutes the picture would come on -this was repaired under warranty and the failed part was replaced -the tech said yes this part was faulty in this tv range-now another year down the track the same thing started happening but now the picture has stopped working altogether and you just get the sound. I thought that it should be fixed again as warranty because the same replaced part has failed again but NO ! that's not how they see it- so now I throw it in the bin because by the time I pay to get the tv fixed outside of warranty I may as well buy a better one and be done with it ! I am actually a big fan of Aldi we easily spend 5 grand a year there and my friends call me an Aldi Nut case- so now all because they won't support their product's- sadly I have had to write a bad review about Aldi and their TV's-

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Good basic tv

Recently purchased this tv. Set up was easy. Picture quality is ok. Size is great. The only negative would be the sound. I would recommend you also purchase a sound bar or speaker. Havent had any issues to date. I would recommend this tv if you are after a good basic tv for the family.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Beware. What you get is very deceptive

While it worked it was a decent television set. Almost 2 years to the date the transformer/power supply died. I get a standby power light but the set won't turn on. Since then I've bought a Hisense because I was getting nowhere trying to get the thing fixed. The customer service setup for afterpurchase service and support doesn't really exist even if it looks like it does. Aldi sells the sets, Bauhn are just a branding company, and Tempo Australia are supposed to service warranties and repairs. Notice that there is no obvious manufacturer? Tempo don't want to know you, and will try and get you to give up. It's been almost 12 months on and off trying to get parts or set up a repair. I'm going to have to repair the set myself by finding parts from a second hand set on gumtree or curbside rubbish pickup day or I may eventually give up this time... The lesson is to only buy televisions where the manufacturer also OWNS the brand. When reputation stakes are higher the customer service is likely to better.

If this television had of been half the price then I might have been less disappointed and satisfied with the 2 years use I got. But then your stuck with getting rid of the thing when it's had it's day.

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Didn't last 2 years

We got this in aldi thinking it was a good deal. Always was slow to turn on. For the 2 years we had it it wasn't even used that much.. maybe every other day. Yet it barely lasted 2 years. It started flickering and then the sound went. Then it just would not turn on at all! Should've kept receipt as i think there was a 2 year warranty on it

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Great Tv for the price

Bauhn 40" Full High def LED LCD TV with Dvd player. Bought this tv a month ago for $379.00 from Aldi. Extremely happy with the product for the price. Has everything you need, including, HDMI and USB DVD and PVR.
Sound could be slightly better. Great for a spare TV or for the kids room.

Good TV from Aldi

The Bauhn 55 inch ultra HD was a great buy from Aldi, keeping in mind its a budget TV so its adequate but not the best on the market.
The picture quality was great, I haven't tried it for gaming and it being 60hz it most likely not be the best for this, the picture is sharp and the colour is fantastic, it does have reasonable blacks and vivid colours. With TV speakers well really there is no TV that really has overwhelming fantastic sound so its always best to place onto a amp to pass sound through in digital surround sound. I have no negative comments to say about this TV, as really the price being a major factor and really within the next few years 8k TV comes out soon.
I would recommend this to anyone, its price is fantastic and its a actual good size and can enjoy 4k TV the MHz is a bit low and I do feel it should be a minimum of all tvs from 40" to be 100mhz to begin with, the control feels comfortable to use and its simplistic so I do give this a thumbs up

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Not a bad TV from Aldi

Got the braun 55 inch tv and hooked it up and plays TV great. Not too fussed with picture quality but screen size is great and it has USB support for multiple programs and video formats. Great tv at a great price. No problems and as from aldi can take it back if any issues.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Not bad,used to wach it!

I want to say that this TV is not 100% perfect with me for its a little poor sond and not enough ports,but it worths the cheap price and daily use.The most important thing is the products purchased from Aldi are guaranteed for 1year,2years…Even can return without qualification,that's so good!

Date PurchasedOct 2014

I turned off my bauhn TV last nite but I turned the noise all the way down before I turned it off, now when I turn the TV with power button on the tv, the indicator light on button shows its on, but the display screen is black n I can't work out if the sound works cos last nite the volume was off. Wot are possible scenarios n cost if this has happened to anyone else thank you

My tv is Bauhn 55 4k ultra he smart tv with her its 2years old and it turns its self of after 2hours or less.
Does it turn off while watching or when it is on no signal screen?Wen watching it.

I can no longer get a picture for only HD channels but I do have sound. All other channels are fine Does anyone else have this problem
Hmm. That’s interesting. Unfortunately I don’t pay for HD channels so I don’t encounter this issue, although there are many causes of a tv turning black including: a bad driver board, a faulty Control board, bulging capacitors, or lose wire connections inside the TV. But because you said it only happens when you use the HD channels, and that this model TV is newer than mine, I wouldn’t have a clue sorry.

Bauhn (Aldi) ATV45FHD-0319 (45", Mar 2019)ALDI Bauhn ATV22FHD-0219 (21.5" with DVD Player, Feb 2019)ALDI Bauhn ATV40FHD-0119 (40" with DVD Player, Jan 2019)ALDI Bauhn ATV40FHDSB-0619 (40" with Built-In Soundbar, Jun 2019)Bauhn (Aldi) ATV40FHD-0618 (40", Jun 2018)Bauhn (Aldi) ATV40FHDC-1118 (40", Nov 2018)Bauhn (Aldi) ATV24C-0617 (24", June 2017)Bauhn (Aldi) ATV40FHDC-0817 (40", Aug 2017)Bauhn (Aldi) ATV40FHD-0217 (40", Feb 2017)Bauhn (Aldi) ATV395C-1116 (39.5", Nov 2016)Bauhn (Aldi) ATV24C-1116 (24", Nov 2016)Bauhn (Aldi) ATV55FHDED (55")Bauhn (Aldi) AS47HD1 (47")Bauhn (Aldi) ATV46FLEM (46")Bauhn (Aldi) ATV50F-415 (50", Apr 2015)Bauhn (Aldi) ATV50FHD5S (50")Bauhn (Aldi) AX42FD2 (42")Bauhn (Aldi) AS47LE3D1 (47")Bauhn (Aldi) ATV50FHD3 (50")
CategoryFull HD TVsFull HD TVsFull HD TVsFull HD TVsFull HD TVsFull HD TVsFull HD TVsFull HD TVsFull HD TVsFull HD TVsFull HD TVsFull HD TVsFull HD TVsFull HD TVsFull HD TVsFull HD TVsFull HD TVsFull HD TVsFull HD TVs
Price (RRP) $333$159$299$299$299$299
Screen Size 44.5"21.5"40"40"40"40"
Screen TypeLED/LCD LED/LCD LED/LCD LED/LCD LED/LCD
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)
Refresh Rate 50/60Hz50/60Hz
Number of HDMI Ports2111
Number of USB Ports111
Wall MountableYes
Weight5.96 kg
Dimensions (without stand) 555 x 907 x 81 mm
Dimensions (with stand) 598 x 907 x 211 mm
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)
Release dateMar 2019Feb 2019Jan 2019Jun 2019Jun 2018Nov 2010May 2010