Baumr-AG Self-Propelled 700SX

Baumr-AG Self-Propelled 700SX

MPN: MOWPSH6NPBMRADJF

See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Not the best

This mower is hard to start ,I pull the cord aprox 10 times. then do the weed eating, come back to mower and pull usually 3 times. There is no primer on the carby. Also when I mow up against a concrete slab the wheels get slightly stuck and tear up the grass from spinning

Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Fuel Efficiency
Product is used: Occasionally

Bad Buy

Complete rubbish. Lasted the first day then stopped working by the third mow. I would rather have paid more and have a working tool that can be relied upon.
I would not recommend this to anyone. Does not work well on medium height grass and the hopper has limited holding capacity.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Richard Benfatto

Richard BenfattoSydney

How stupid I was in buying this. I am ashamed of myself !

Product lasted 10 minutes. Brand new out of the box. Self propelling mechanism stopped working in 10 minutes.
The plastic insert for the mulch does not fit properly in the metallic body as it appears to be out of specs or was given the one for the wrong model. I assume this as the tools that came to fix the handles were the wrong size.
The whole product is built as a toy and its workmanship is a pile of crap.
I should have gone and spend money and get something that is built correctly. This is now going to become a legal battle via Department of Consumer Affairs, I can see this coming........and I am not going to back of.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Self driven

First mow, great easy to use self driven, went to use my Baurmr AG 750 5XI the second time and a spring fell out now won't self drive and two hard to push. Not even 3 months old. E-bay got a great review I got a nightmare paid over $400 saved hard for this! And see its a common issue in this module so why can they not inform me were the spring goes. Disgusting.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Cuts too high

Bought this lawnmower 6 months ago, starts well and runs okay.
The height adjustment is very poor, you can’t cut your lawn very low.
Could work well on very heavy grass. Would not recommend to anyone who has short growth grass because you are not able to shave to low height.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Bad machine with terrible customer service

The worst mower you can buy. Used it twice, the 3rd time didnt start. Contacted the company they send me a new starter that was the wrong size for the model i have. I sent them over 5 messages telling them thats the starter was the wrong size and no one replied back.
Rubbish

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Riz

RizSydney

Worst Mower in the market

This is the worst mower in the market. This is not easy to use. The mower works only for three months. When contacted the distributor (Edisons) to claim warranty, they were of no use. I recommend everyone not to purchase this worst mower as it is of no value for money.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Pretty damn good for $250 for 760sx

Got the lawn mower delivered this week, it looked pretty good. Fired it up for first mow today. I had grass n weeds set up to my knees. It did a fine job keeping up with the cut. Stalled a few times to be expected with so much grass. Self propelled is awesome, without it I be stuff mowing 200sqm grass up my knees.

Engine speed lever control is crap, either start, on or off .

Mower heavy as..... Can't they make mowers out of carbon geezzzz

Date PurchasedJul 2018

This is the worst Mower on the Market

I purchased this on ebay from Edisons. The first time I used it the catcher lugs snapped with theweight of the grass, no worries I strengthened them with metal supports, next time the self propulsion stopped working, no adjustment will get it working so I guess it has burnt out. We use it as a push mower only now and are up to our 6th mow and the handles are dropping off as it vibrates its screws loose and sheds parts. Definitely not what we expected and will never purchase another however the motor runs fine and it does cut great but beware as they are cheaply made of plastic and not up to mowing proper.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Eddy

EddyGold Coast

Easy to operate, so much easier to mow the lawn

The cutting result is great.

It is easy to operate the mower, as you just hold the handle and it walks itself. So you basically just need to walk with it.

However, the smaller parts, e.g. wheels (even tho its for decoration purposes) they fall off quite easily. But it isn't a big deal.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Dtm06

Dtm06Brisbane

Nice, easy cut.

It's a very cheap mower so i was a little worried about it's quality, however it's been great for me so far. Mine is the 750SX which has self propulsion which has been a god send on my very hilly property. It seriously makes mowing the lawn so much easier. The mulcher is a nice premium addition too and it is a very easy mower to start and cleaning is simple as well.

My old mower was very old and quite possibly used more fuel than it should have, but I have noticed that my new one is using significantly less petrol.

I haven't had to change any parts yet so i can't comment on how easy or hard they are to replace.

Overall it's pretty hard to go past this for the price.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Moving on

Moving onSouthwest, VIC

Starts and cuts very well

I bought the 750EX which is the same version as above but not self-propelled. Excellent cut & mulch (4 blades), easy to start and use and my main criticism of it would be the small fuel tank.(about 25 mins use). The side chute mounting broke in the first hour of use, but I easily fixed it back on with a drill, and 2 screws into the steel deck. I was looking at buying a $600 Honda but am still happy with my $250 choice. 6 hours use of cutting close around trees, bushes and garden beds on 2 acres and nothing to worry about. Recommend.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Stewart Rossiter

Stewart Rossiter

Great features

It's so very easy to start, always 1st time. Great catcher, mulcher & side shoot for longer grass. Easy steer with automatic setting as to not have to push mower, just guide it around yard. Catcher is so compact for storage. Easy to clean after use. Paid a very competitive price from Editors with free delivery. Fantastic value for money.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Pradip

PradipBrisbane

Best value for money

I bought this lawn mower last month and excellent performance and value for money.

The 19” Baumr-AG 760SX boasts an effortlessly powerful 6HP 165cc air-cooled, 4-stroke OHV engine, that slices through the toughest buffalo with ease to give your lawn a great looking, healthy cut.

Strongly recommend to purchase this product.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Tony

Tonybunbury

Shame about spare parts !

I purchased a 760SX Mower from Baur-AG and I am happy with the machine.It starts first time and does a good job,no issues. However I recently attempted to buy spare cutting blades from Edisons (in early Nov 2016) and I am still waiting.I don't believe they are available. The blades on my machine are damaged beyond repair making the mower useless.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Argydubbaya

ArgydubbayaFinch Hatton, Queensland

Just what I needed another hard to start four stroke mower.

Downside
Hard to start straight out of the box, really long recoil rope on the starter. Starting that much more difficult due to holding spring loaded dead man at control centre. No fuel tap.
Upside
Mower was very cheap but once started it mows quite well and has room for a stubby and a place for PPE on the control centre.
Needs work on the deadman design.