Baumr-AG SX82 24" E-Start

Baumr-AG SX82 24" E-Start Questions & Answers

7 questions from our users

brian j.

brian j.asked

how to use decompressor valve

Cherobet

Cherobetasked

my sx82 is not getting fuel to the carby in order to start. It will fire on aerostart, so it is not the spark

Eric X
Eric X

Hi my problem (among other things) was there was no metal weight filter attached to the of the end fuel line so the cheap rubber fuel line just floated to the top and was just sucking in air. You might try emptying the fuel tank and make sure there is a metal weight attached to the fuel line Other than that, if you're game, pull off the covers and check the other lines are not cracked or disconnected.

chris t.
chris t.

Hi Eric i can tell exactly what is wrong check your fly weel you will find the timing has sliped the wood ruff key way in the crank shaft moves which causes the machine to backfirs an will not start no matter what then you undo the bolt holding the flywheel on you will se on the washer it has been moving around you will need luck to repair i can tell you you more likely get the runaround buyer be aware

scot

scotasked

New Generator Baumr BM-x20i Cannot start it, would appear the petrol is not getting into the chamber

scot

scotasked

I cannot start the Baumr - AG generator BM-x20I new never been used

Nathan
Nathan

Throw it out, nothing but rubbish.

Martin C

Martin Casked

Have just put together a Baum ag sx82cc, 24”. The manual says the remove the two round spacers when assembling. When I do the chain will not move. When I put them on the cover studs the chain moves more freely. Cannot find a manual that covers this particular model. Any advice ?

Glen J
Glen J

I had the same issue with mine, to solve this, i made up a very thin metal shim that goes over the bar studs after the bar is on, since the side cover is poorly cast, it tends to press on the top edge of the bar, effectively locking the chain in place when you tighten up the bar nuts..

Other than that, you could try asking edison for a replacement cover, or purchase one off ebay for a husqvarna 372.

Honestly my SX82 has been under the bench gathering dust for the last 12 months or so..

Simon T.
Simon T.

Nice one Glen J, my Baumr AG SX82 had this issue and a shim made from a Pasito can did the trick.

Angryasked

I bought a Baumar-ag 82 cc new.put it aside for a coupe of months while cutting rough dirty trunks with cheaper saw. Started the Baumr second pull.Great saw.used 3 tanks of fuel.filled again.Wont start.has spark,compression,and tried start fluid,but wont fire at all.called Edisons but no warranty as i called them about 2 weeks out of 3 months warranty due to health problem. Any ideas? It has a coil and secondary ignition module? Does this control spark firing position? not impressed with Edisons lack of goodwill or $60 analysis offer.

Mhowell
Mhowell

Yes Edisons aren't helpful at all I brought a new sx82 and the vibration spring fell out called Edisons they said freight it back and we will fix. Postage was going to cost more than the chainsaw ended up fixing myself but getting tied of constantly fixing them.

Steve

3 month warranty?? Was it second hand?
I'd be quoting Australian Consumer Law and demanding a replacement due to a "Major Failure" thanks.
Have a read of these:

Edison's are known for poor customer service but they are still bound by the ACL, so they may need reminding. They can't just deny warranty if the product failed within a reasonable time after purchase.

Angry

I received the bums rush by Edison's. I reminded them of consumer law to no avail. It was a new unused item, and was told when I bought it at EBay auction 3 months warranty was noted on the ad which I didn't see. New item with only 3 months? News to me. Nothing at all about warranty on the receipt when I picked it up. Many customers are lost when you build a bad reputation for the sake of a few warranty dollars to repair. Very false economy.

Daveasked

Just taken my new 82SX out of the box and have assembled it. It starts up fine but I cannot release the chain brake. This is my first chainsaw and I'm not sure how hard I am supposed to pull the thing as I don't want to break it.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received as I have a big-assed tree that needs some attention.

Dave :)

charlie
charlie

Dave firstly I don't like these saws and im'e not a mechanic . OK that said - if it is way to stiff meaning it doesnt push or pull and you arent confident mechanically then give it to someone who is or send it back . If it does seem to operate in both directions then pull chain and bar off and check sprocket spins freely, the chain brake should lock in forward position , if it is locked in both positions then check the brake mechanism is adjusted properly . I have had a 62 that was seized from new and I pulled the pull start off etc to turn it in reverse to free the centri clutch up, only to find a spacer had been left out . These saws are sold as seconds and alway's have a fault and if you haven't used a chainsaw before then please remember its got the power of about 20 of you , it eats wood easily and people like butter .

Dave

Thank you Charlie, I appreciate you taking the time to help. I plucked up the courage and gave it a good tug and it eventually moved. I sprayed on some WD40 and now it is much easier to operate.

I must say that the manual (which I had to download from the internet) covered loads of different models and was pretty useless. The build quality is awful but hopefully it will do the job for me. This is certainly a machine to treat with respect as well as a certain amount of suspicion!

wayne
wayne

Hi Dave, Glad to hear you have sorted the chain brake issue. Nice to see you checked all this out before starting the tree cut, well done. How are you getting on with that tree????????