Baumr-AG SX82 24" E-Start

• Safety
joe Pisters

joe PistersMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

WTH is this a toy

This is the most useless saw just put in the rubbish bin, won't start release arm broke my small Skill start every time, fuel leaks must be made in Russia. Don't buy.

Purchased at 12 Volt Direct Online store.

The saw I received would not start from new. The chain brake is jammed. Edison’s are refusing to help.

I wish I had read the reviews before I purchased from a supplier, that I now use as the benchmark for the worst service I have ever received. Edison’s are to be avoided. The chainsaws are rubbish and unusable from day one. Like many below, I am now struggling to get any help from them. The chainsaw is still unused, my others still doing all of the work.

Purchased in June 2019.

Eric XGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Save yourself a headache and wasted time

Chainsaw was shipped to me faulty and would not start . Handle on start cord broke on first day after trying to start faulty chainsaw. Start cord broke not long after. Fuel line was split and filter was not attached/ present. I had to an open an ebay case just to get a reply. Spend a bit more get something better and save yourself a lot of time and effort. I will review Edisions service on their listing after the outcome of paypal case that is still open as they still have the returned chainsaw and my money.

Purchased in March 2019 at ebay edisions for $210.00.

Petrol Chainsaws

Find out how Baumr-AG SX82 24" E-Start compares to other Petrol Chainsaws

Terry

TerryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolute rubbish

When I received the chain saw it would start so it had to go to the repair shop. Now it starts sometimes the plastic trigger and choke doesn't function and it uses more chain oil than petrol. It will only cut vertically and stalls if you try to cut horizontally. Total waste of money under powered when trying to cut a large log and example of landfill exported from china..

Purchased in May 2017 at Edisons for $299.00.

Nathan

NathanSydney, NSW

Absolute rubbish, don’t waste your money.

Cord was left in my hand after the first pull, absolute nightmare to start. Money better spent at the pokies.
Nothing but Chinese rubbish dumped on Australian shores.
Warranty is non existent.
Got it started once, cuts very well but you need a miracle to restart.
Perhaps go to Bunnings and get yourself any brand at least you are covered with a satisfaction policy.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

It really is crap

I,m a wood turner!I use my saw to cut burls of trees! Got this saw gaintz 24" 92 cc!!man it started first time easy after that it never starts or starts and stops when you start to cut!!!you a just everything, start to cut and it all shakes loose again!!hate it!!time to get a still or husky again!!never buy one of these prices of crap!!I,m a pensioner and this hurt,I saved for awhile to get this crap!

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
SBK

SBKLima South

Replacement chainsaw is a crap as the first one

So my first chainsaw seized after just a couple of uses. Edison's sent a replacement (postage at my cost), which I used for maybe 10 minutes before stalling and is now impossible to start. A mate has one that he swears by, but from my experience, 2 duds from 2 is enough for me.

charlie

charlieashford

Bad

Next to useless , i cut with a 75BBT and after having a good run i bought the 82 , it worked ok for a while but now it is a waste of time putting it on the ute . The 75 is still going strong . Dont judge chinese saws just on this make . I am going to buy another BBT 75 .

varku2

varku2Sydney, NSW

Baumr-AG sets a new low in shoddy quality and design

Petrol Chainsaws

Find out how Baumr-AG SX82 24" E-Start compares to other Petrol Chainsaws

See all Baumr-AG SX82 24" E-Start reviews

brian j.

brian j.asked

how to use decompressor valve

Cherobet

Cherobetasked

my sx82 is not getting fuel to the carby in order to start. It will fire on aerostart, so it is not the spark

Eric X

Hi my problem (among other things) was there was no metal weight filter attached to the of the end fuel line so the cheap rubber fuel line just floated to the top and was just sucking in air. You might try emptying the fuel tank and make sure there is a metal weight attached to the fuel line Other than that, if you're game, pull off the covers and check the other lines are not cracked or disconnected.

chris t.
chris t.

Hi Eric i can tell exactly what is wrong check your fly weel you will find the timing has sliped the wood ruff key way in the crank shaft moves which causes the machine to backfirs an will not start no matter what then you undo the bolt holding the flywheel on you will se on the washer it has been moving around you will need luck to repair i can tell you you more likely get the runaround buyer be aware

scot

scotasked

New Generator Baumr BM-x20i Cannot start it, would appear the petrol is not getting into the chamber

See all Baumr-AG SX82 24" E-Start questions

CategoryPetrol Chainsaws
Use Tree felling, sawlog prep, and milling
Bar Length61 cm