Bayer Drontal Allwormer for Dogs

Bayer Drontal Allwormer for Dogs

MPN: DRONCHEW352

See the Best Heart & Intestinal Wormers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

4 dogs vomiting after giving Drontal. Beware.

I wish I had read all these reviews first. 3 mini dachshunds vomiting 5 times and our mini poodle. Started vomiting after a couple of hours onwards. I will not be using this product again

Purchased in May 2019 at Best Friends Pet care for $42.99.

Same as everyone else on here

Treated my 8 month old dachshund pup with drontal for puppies and small dogs. 3.5 hours later the vomiting has started. He's been shaking and has vomited 3 times so far. He is cold to the touch and I have wrapped him in blankets. Awful to see and I can't belive this stuff hasn't been recalled. I did not expect this from trying to look after my dog

Purchased in May 2019 for $30.00.

Bad side effect for my puppy dog

I have given Drontal tablets to my puppy dog in accordance to their weight instructions. It has bad side effects as he doesn’t want to eat or drink (he used to love his food and always wants more) and at times abit afraid when I try to pat him.
Do not recommend this worming tablet at all.

Purchased in March 2019 at PetBarn.

R.I.P Bear

Thinking that doing the right thing in worming my little boy bear who was 4 - 4 1/2 months old with Drontal allwormer for small dogs and puppies well now no, these products are supposed to help in health of our friends not kill them. Bear was ok before given this product, within 6 hours he became ill. I know worming can make them feel off colour for couple days. The products should have clearly stated side effects. After 2 1/2 days of Bear going through hell, vomiting started, energy becoming less and less, diarrhoea started with blood in his final 8 hours, staring out to space in his final couple hours he was drinking most way through himself { I was also giving fluids by hand to help with hydration}. I decided to take bear to the vet within a short time he was hanging on by a thread. The vet ended up putting Bear down. The side effects are very similar to parvovirus. I will never use this product again or recommend to anyone.

Purchased in March 2019.

Drontal - what have I done to my beloved dog?!?!

I gave my Brussels Griffon Drontal wormer yesterday afternoon, around 3 pm.
It’s 4.30 am and he has been agitated, trembly, ‘ on guard’ and visibly hyperactive. He is starting at common objects as if he has never seen them before. He vomited once during the time I was out to dinner between 6 and 9.30.
He’s normally a deep sleeper who snores and snuggles in for as long as possible.
What the hell is in this damned stuff ?
Never again . I will be taking him to the vet ( who prescribed this junk) ASAP today.

Purchased in July 2018.

Alarming

Over the last year I have come to the conclusion that every time I give my Golden a Drontal Allwormer tablet, he turns into a mad dog as if he is on drugs. Where he would normally sleep, he stays wide awake all day or night. His concentration is markedly diminished and he is so toey when playing or walking. I can’t do this to him anymore so will be asking my vet to recommend another product.

Purchased in December 2018 for $35.00.

Very Sick Dog

I bought Dontral for my 1 year old Lowchen. Within two hours she started vomiting (6 times) over the next few hours. From there she went totally crazy, from mad runs to lying outside in the garden in the rain. Picking her up she looked straight through me, blank, unresponsive, This lasted most of the night. She was totally apathetic, wouldn’t eat, drink or go to the toilet. After reading these rewiews at least I knew I wasnt the only one. I had a long night with her while the worst passed.

Purchased in February 2019 at Animates for $49.00.

Same as everyone bad reaction after Drontal

My golden retriever is 26kg I gave her the recommended dose large dog drontal. She would not eat it anyway at all by itself, rubbed in peanut butter, mixed in food. I had to trick her into eating it. After having it she vomited badly and felt ill. This has happened twice in 6 months. Definitely wouldn’t recommend this product. Worst reaction.

Purchased in January 2019 at Pet Circle for $35.00.

Horrible!!!!!!!

15 week old terrier mix, 7.5 lbs, gave dose that veterinarian prescribed. My dog became violently ill throwing up, had to make trip to emergency vet since vomiting would not subside. Received fluids, nausea injection, and multiple tests with negative results and a bill of $600.00. Would not recommend this product to anyone. Risks are too high for a reaction. I wish that I had read the reviews first. Never again!!!

STRESSFUL TO WATCH REACTION

I gave my little old dog the 3 Drontal all wormer tablets this morning and ever since she has been non stop walking around as though she's in pain. She poooped 3 times in the house and then vomited outside. I just heard my husband let her outside again so she's still not settling. Because she is old she is usually asleep ALL day and only wakes up in the late arvo to do her thing outside, have her dinner and then back to sleep again. She is 18 and I know she has worms so have to do something for her but the violent reaction she is having may not be worth doing it again in 3 weeks. I don't think my stress levels could handle watching her go through this again! Also I don't know if she is over the worst yet or thats still to come.

MADE MY DOG SICK

My vet prescribed for whipworms. 30 minutes ago (4 hours after giving my dog Drontal), he threw up twice..ALL of his dinner. I knew better than to give medication without reading first but I didn't until after. He is supposed to get a 2nd dose in 3 weeks but that will not happen. It is night and I am wondering if there will be more side effects showing up before morning. Very Unhappy!

Dachshund vomits!

I wish I read all these reviews before buying. Poor thing was whining so much and then threw up everywhere about three hours after dose.

Horrible side effects.

My pug has definitely reacted badly to the Drontal All Wormer, and has happened more than once (I feel terrible, didn’t realize the connection). Vomited, staring into space, twitching/jolting, and acting like on amphetamines just like others mentioned. She can’t fall asleep. Will definitely never give to her again.

Horrible experience

Do not buy this stuff if you love your dog. It makes them go through hell. Won't stop squeaking, barking, really hyper, can't sleep and so much more. Please for the love of God don't make you dog go through this!!!

First and certainly last time

I gave my little girl one of these chewable allwormer tablets. Within a couple of hours she was shivering and shaking violently followed shortly after with vomiting. I was about to rush her to the vet when I read the side effects of the product and was shocked To this is a common side affect. Makes you wonder what it’s really doing to they’re little bodies. I will never use nor recommend this product again.

First time but never again.

I gave my three dogs a dose of drontal tabs for small dogs ie 1 tab per 3kg and my 4kg Pomeranian who only had 1 tab has been vomiting ever since. She hasn't eaten since and is just sleeping. She doesn't look well however the other two are ok. They've never been sick before after worming so will not use this brand again. There should be a warning on the pack that it could make them sick so you know.

Smiling Labrador on cover of pack not the case with my Lab

This is the second time I have reported Drontal to Bayer. First time my dog took it it went crazy as if it was on ice. Advice from Bayer thank you for reporting this case, try the tablet again and see how you go. 3 months later second tablet administered same issue. The tablets are called chews they are not, the only way my Labrador will eat this is if I push it into its throat after cutting the tablet up into 4 pieces. You cannot disguise it in ham, peanut butter etc dog will simply spit the tablet out, certainly not smiley happy as per Bayers marketing on the box. Please if you love your dog steer well away from Drontal.

Manufacturer merged with Monsanto

I can no longer purchase Drontal after hearing the manufacturer Bayer purchased Monsanto. Other brands by Bayer include Advantage, Advocate, Advantix, Kiltix, Seresto and Vetadine

Waste of money

I paid £11.50 for 2 Drontal tablets & my dogs will not touch their food they usually eat anything, what a complete waste of money, but judging by the previous reviews I'm quite glad they haven't eaten.

Don’t put your dog through suffering and pain

I bought Dontral and Advantix for my 8 year Poodle and 4 year Shoodle. The Shoodle had no bad reaction but the Poodle started with vomiting (twice) a few hours after I applied the products. From there she went totally crazy, from mad runs and jumps, to hiding under the table as if she had seen ghosts, to staring in the blank, unresponsive, for hours. She became totally apathetic, wouldn’t eat, drink or go to the toilet. She became a ghost dog. She also had a rash on the area where the drops were applied to.
She went to the vet 3 times, had all types of tests and I spent over $400 in vet bills. The vet could not find anything physical wrong with her.
A friend told me about a bad reaction her dog had, and it was very similar to what mine was experiencing.
I called Bayer, left a message and they did return my call and organized a refund with Petbarn, however none of this will pay for the suffering, pain and anguish we all went through these past days. I feel like I poisoned my best friend.
Bottom line, what worked was:
I bathed her 3 x times to get rid of the insecticide in her skin and I have been adding charged charcoal powder to her mince and hand feeding her.
After 5 days she slowly returned to her normal self but still not a 100%
If I knew there were any risks involved in using these products I would never have bought them.
I do not recommend anyone using these products at all.