Bayer Drontal Allwormer for Dogs

Bayer Drontal Allwormer for Dogs

MPN: DRONCHEW352
See the Best Heart & Intestinal Wormers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bayer? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.1

Jean Johnson
Jean JohnsonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Drontal Doesn't work, not recommended.

Purchased in July 2021.

Sheri Sheri
Sheri Sheri

Causes permanent gastrointestinal issues

I gave this all wormer to pup three times. The first time she vomited and was extremely sickly and listless. Unfortunately i gave it to her a further two times. She developed reflux and had black tarry tools. Even after veterinary treatment she still has chronic reflux to this day. It is unconscionable that a product like this is still on the market, being used on animals that can’t talk. Avoid at all costs!!

Side Effects Long-term illness

don't use this product

I gave my 16 month old Koolie the correct dose of the chewable all wormer yesterday morning and her was restless and unsettled all day, pacing, unable to sit still - very much like these other reviews. He was also drooling. I certainly won't be using this product ever again, but did want re measure others that it does seem to pass - he is fine this morning.

Purchased in August 2021 for $60.00.

Do Not Use

I Gave this to my bulldog pup of 6 mo.It Made him hyper, paranoid, hypersensitive and Have him insomnia. He was so freaked out. I felt so horrible for giving it to him. The vet gave no warning of any side effects. I Will never use this again.

Purchased in August 2021 for $41.00.

Heart & Intestinal Wormers

Find out how Bayer Drontal Allwormer for Dogs compares to other Heart & Intestinal Wormers

Avoid!

Side Effects Personality change

Would not reccomend. Noone should sell this product at all.

Just gave my 10 week puppy half a tablet around lunch time, as recommend. He couldnt sleep at all. Lack of appetite suddenly changed on wild hunger. Close to the 7-8 pm puppy experienced hyper active behaviour, was really distressed and anxious same time, can find a spot, heart beaten as crazy. It almost gave me a heart attack instead.
This product should be selling with big sign: "Will your dog be lucky today?"

Purchased in July 2021.

Side Effects Short-term illness

Wish I had done some research

Purchased in July 2021 at Other for $30.00.

Ken
KenSydney, NSW

same as everyone else here - the chewable is poison

I have used the pills in the past and not had any problems that i can remember. They get so crappy about the pills, I bought chewables this time. I gave my five dogs chewables before dinner tonight. About 3-4 hours later they were running all over the house going crazy. 1 hasn't been affected. 4 have been vomiting all over the place and couldn't sit still. It's now nearly 7 hours later and 1 of them has managed to lay down but she is shaking. The other 3 are still running in and out of the house.

I think we have all be duped by the Bayer and the Vets saying this isn't a symptom because it clearly IS. I've had dogs for over 30 years and i've never experienced something like this before. Bayer has poisoned my dogs.

Purchased in July 2021 at My Pet Warehouse for $30.00.

Donna
DonnaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never again!

The person at Petbarn recommended Drontal for our 8kg Corgi/Pomeranian. I have him one tablet as I thought it was good for for dogs up to 10kgs. Within hours he was barking and shaking, and that night he had the zoomies, jumping on our bed and wanting to go out. When we took him (3x during the night) he was chasing invisible objects, pulling on the lead and generally going crazy. He normally sleeps soundly on the floor beside our bed all night. Today he is totally exhausted (as are we). I feel bad that I gave this to him and feel we should have been warned about this side effect - there are enough examples of it on the internet. Next time I will do my research first!

Purchased in July 2021 at Petbarn Physical store.

Din
Din

Would give it 0 stars, if I could - do not use

Avoid this at all costs. I gave my 6 month old (20kg) labrador puppy two of these tablets at 6pm, and by 8pm she had gone absolutely crazy. Laps of the house, constant pacing, desperate for food and water, super aggressive, heart going a million miles an hour and heavy breathing. Barking, howling, whimpering, crying. She finally settled down enough to go to sleep at around 3am, and it sounds like I had it better than a lot of other dog owners who have experienced this. She was still out of sorts the next day. As with a lot of other people, when I spoke to the vet about it, they said they had never heard of it happening before. I will never be using Drontal products with my pup ever again.

Purchased in April 2021 at Petbarn Physical store for $20.00.

Delia A.
Delia A.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst stuff ever - vomiting, dihorrea, vet bills etc etc

This product gets a MINUS one billion!! Our vet gave Drontal to our small 6kg dog, first time on Friday morning. 4 hours later she started shaking and vomited. That night she vomited 3 times and was shaking uncontrollably. Next day took her to the vet and had to get 2 injections and medication but these have mildly helped. Sunday morning still shaking, won't eat or drink. Drontal is bad. I hope my dog doesn't die, she's really sick from this crap.

Purchased in June 2021.

BingoVictoria

Zero!! buyer beware! Do not buy!

After being worked with drontal chewable one dog is completely climbing the walls. Cried and carried on all night long. Second dog had a major seizure frothing at the mouth resulting in large vet fees and one very concerned family.
I wouldn’t recommend this product if you paid me. It’s dangerous. And the hyper dog is putting herself in danger zones with no hesitation whatsoever so both dogs will need to be supervised 24/7 because of this product. I don’t know what’s in it that isn’t fully disclosed but get it off the shelves. DO NOT BUY.

Purchased in May 2021.

Heart & Intestinal Wormers

Wish I read reviews, wouldn't have given it

I purchased 1 tablet at our regular vet's and so was sure the product would be fine. I was wrong.
Right now our 8 month old pup is sleeping, being more tired than usual, after having been hyper for a day.
He has also vomited at least once about 10 hours after the tablet (was given before bed time). He has been farting a lot(!) and his stomach has been growling.
Will stick with previous all-wormer from now on, what a nightmare, poor thing. I hope he recovers quickly.

Purchased in April 2021.

A dog possessed.

Am in England but have had such a mad night/day with our 18week old pup...she has been so sweet and last night was like a different dog. Barking and crying all night, then my OH came down to settle her and she was all over the place. Today she has been crazy and still had hardly any sleep. Been wracking my brain all day and then realised she had a worming tablet yesterday morning. Googled hyperactivity after worming tabs and found lots of info and led me to this forum. She has been awful even her eyes looked possessed. Its almost like the time my Mum gave my then 4 year old son Fizzy Vimto and he went nuts. Never again am praying she sleeps tonight. How long did things last for people?

Purchased in May 2021.

Naomi
Naomi South East Queensland, QLD

Severe hyperactivity

Purchased in May 2021 at Petbarn Physical store.

Jasperasked

My question is: why is no one taking any notice of the ‘side effects’ suffered by pups, dogs and owners after dosing the animal with Drontal? My Vet gave me the chewy item at the correct dosage for my 12 week old puppy and we spent 5 hours (so far) trying to calm him down. He is hyperactive and aggressive. Even when he hit his head on the corner of a sideboard he didn’t slow down. It has been incredibly upsetting - not to mention our hands and arms from him biting us. They are covered in bites that have bled. Isn’t it time that an investigation takes place? Imagine if the animal set upon a child.

Tanqueray
Tanqueray

I’m so sorry you went through this - your poor puppy.
I really think it needs media attention - unfortunately most people just do what their Vet says because they trust them and don’t like to question them. But Bayer ( who make Drontal) are big Pharma and Vets are incentivised to sell their products - including these pesticides. It’s called influencing the influencer. Bayer influence the Vet to influence pet parents that we need to use all these chemical products on our dogs to keep them healthy. In reality they’re much healthier with less insecticides being put on them and in them.

Jasper

I will be asking the question when I next go into the Vets for Jasper’s last vaccination. I am so cheesed off with what happened. I will also be wring to Bayer. I know I am just a drop in the ocean but I will make myself heard. As I said before: just imagine if Jasper had attacked a child instead of me! Thank you very much for your reply - greatly appreciated x

Bingo

My 6 month old Frenchie had a major seizure after working with drontal chewable. I thought I’d lost him but thankfully he came good in a few days. My other dog had no side effects so gave her a dose tonight. Turns out my Frenchie snatched it and ate it so now I’m up all night googling trying to find out what I can and this is the first thing I found about reviews!!!!
THIS NEEDS MORE ATTENTION AND ACTION ASAP!!

Julie D
Julie Dasked

I gave my 12 week old puppy his second dose of drontal. He currently weighs 10.5 pounds. Roughly six hours after giving him the drontal, he vomited. He is laying around more and not wanting to play. Are these normal side effects of this medicine? If so, how long should these side effects last?

sue
sue

I am not a vet. I recently gave my 4 year old kelpie a second dose of Drontal. Both times she has been violently sick and very lethargic for a week and certainly not herself. Won't be using Drontal again. Check it with your vet, better to be safe. Hope all goes well and your home pup recovers.

Jane O
Jane Oasked

Our healthy happy two year old schnauzer pup 12kg. Was given two tabs drontal after dinner about 730 pm. He vomited undigested food at midnight, was very lethargic but hyperactively onguard at the same time.
Wont use again.
Question- will he need to be rewormed?

See all Bayer Drontal Allwormer for Dogs questions