Iberogast

Iberogast

Pros

• Suited to a wide range of digestion issues

• Natural formula

Worked for reflux but caused heart arrhythmia

This product really helped me with my indigestion and reflux. However I’ve had to discontinue as it gave me heart flutters and short arrhythmias. I’m prone to heart arrhythmias but this medication exasperated it. I think it’s from the liquorice or even the alcohol content. Such a shame.

Purchased in September 2020 at Go Vita for $49.00.

Effective WithinA week
Side Effects
  • Mild side effects
Dean A.

Dean A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not sure about this product

I having taking this product for a quite while now and I am really not sure about it. Days when it works and days when it doesnt. Disappointed and mystified.

Purchased in January 2018 at Chemist Warehouse for $40.00.

Effective WithinDid not work
Marg

MargNew South Wales

Not doing its job

I bought this product for my hubby. He has taken Somac for his reflux and bad cough associated with reflux for a few years. I thought Ibogast would help him but it hasn’t done anything.

Vitamins & Dietary Supplements

Find out how Iberogast compares to other Vitamins & Dietary Supplements

BabyBabyBaby

BabyBabyBabyPerth

Hasn't really made much of a difference

I tried this on my son who has chronic diarrhea - didn't really make much difference at all. I have been giving it to him for about 3-4 weeks so should have noticed something by now.

Lapun

LapunCanberra 2600, ACT

Not sure if this did anything

Just off PPIs (Pariet in my case) after two years and looking for something to quell the sudden influx of acid and gas. To avoid shutting down acid production again by taking low dose Zantac, I've been trying other, more natural products. I tried the Iberogast for a few days, but still had problems, so I finished up either taking the occasional Zantac or sucking a Rennie. I'm not sure whether Iberogast did anything or not. Might have helped a little.

The price of Iberogast at Chemist Warehouse was very much cheaper than some I saw advertised online.

Erma E.

Erma E.asked

Will it help reduce puffy stomach?

Phyllis B.

Phyllis B.asked

Does lberogast into fear with Pregablin?

Arun S.

Arun S.asked

When is the right time to take Iberogast before meal or after meal?

Vicki
Vicki

I take it before a meal

Get an answer from our members and Iberogast representatives

Features

Iberogast is an oral liquid that’s available in either a 50mL or 100mL bottle The 9 medicinal herbal extracts that are in this medication include: bitter candytuft, angelica, caraway, chamomile, St. Mary’s thistle, lemon balm, greater celandine, peppermint and liquorice.

Each of them has unique properties that work to ease the symptoms of functional digestive disorders. For example, bitter candytuft has an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effect, and simultaneously relaxes and activates stomach muscles for improved digestion.

Is Iberogast for me?

Iberogast is designed to help relieve discomfort associated with gastric abdominal disturbances. Iberogast may be suited if you have a diagnosed condition, like IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), but not necessarily.

Since there aren’t always clear-cut causes for functional digestive problems, a diagnosis can sometimes be difficult to get. As a result, Iberogast may still be helpful if you experience stomach pain, abdominal cramps, bloating, gas, heartburn, diarrhoea, fullness, nausea and/or constipation.

There is research to suggest that these disturbances can be caused by stress and emotional disturbances, changes to diet and new medication. It can be helpful to see a GP to see if a treatment like Iberogast would work for you.

CategoryVitamins & Dietary Supplements