Bayer Ungvita Vitamin A Ointment

Bayer Ungvita Vitamin A Ointment

4.9

Chris M.South East Queensland, QLD

A Must Have Ointment in your Medicine Cabinet.

Ease of Application
Sharron71North Queensland, QLD

Gentlest ointment out there

I used Ungvita exclusively for my babies nappy rashes and it never stung or caused a skin reaction. My babies are now parents and have used other products on their babies. I still always have Ungvita in the cupboard, but recently tried one of the alternative ointments recommended for nappy rash on myself. It was not as painless as Ungvita. All babies deserve the least painful option on their delicate skin.

Purchased in December 2015.

Mandog
MandogSydney, NSW

Skin Recovered From A Dry Patch Of Skin

From a dry brown patch of skin Ungvita Vitamin A Ointment made my skin return back to its original skin colour within approximately a week. Apply 3 times a day.

Purchased in September 2017 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $10.99.

Ease of Application
Skin Irritation Care Products

Find out how Bayer Ungvita Vitamin A Ointment compares to other Skin Irritation Care Products

Ungvita - TOP must have in your home!

Ungvita Ointment has to be one of the TOP must haves in your home. I use on my face when I have had a breakout and used my Differin (adapalene) Gel. The Differin Gel dries out the skin therefore you need something to help slough of the dead cells and Ungvita does this. It also helps the healing process.

GlenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I have used Ungvita successfully for over 65 years

I have used Ungvita successfully for over 65 years. As a child I noticed the cod liver oil smell but liked it because it worked "like magic" (my words in the 1950s) on my cuts and grazes. A few years ago I bought a "lower smell" version of it but found it was not as effective so I went back to the smelly version. I bought a new tube recently and was pleased to see it was still available. I know of nothing else that comes near its rapid healing qualities. I am surprised this aspect is not prominently written on the tube and container.

Glen

If you notice the smell of Ungvita, try using only a tiny amount. I have found a tiny amount still does a lot of good. A small tube goes a long way!

Reduces scar

I used it on my scar ( 7 stitches on my face) help heal and scar is hardly visible. It’s fabulous,
I used ungvita in the morning and before bed, and during day , almost like usual get lip balm , constant applying it on the wound.

Blackbird
BlackbirdAuckland, NZ

Can't recommend enough - Great for fine lines and wrinkles.

Purchased this just recently (used to use it 30 years ago) for dry skin.
Used a small pea sized amount on my face and after 3 days noticed a change in fine lines and wrinkles. Am now sold on it and apply a thin layer every night, will always have a tube on hand.

#1 for facial wrinkles and clarity

Been using this product on my face for 20+ years. I am always in the sun, tanning, long summers and dry winters.Never used sunblock - should look 65, but people think Im in my 30's, Im 46 years old. This is a true miracle cream if you give it a chance. Very tiny amount the size of a peppercorn rubbed in morning and night.

carmel
carmel

Ungvita

I was using it in the 60's to heal wounds on my horses. Vet recommendation - worked a treat. I am still using it today in the house but also outside on the horses.

fox
foxNewcastle n.s.w. Australia

Family tradition

I am nearly 67 years old and have been using ungvita all my life. My parents used this product . All my children have a tube of ungvita it is magnificent for cuts , blisters , burns cracked heals and it usually takes soreness away from wounds in a hour after applying this product. I have various stories of when I have used ungvita and would love to know when this product was invented.

Caroline
CarolineBrisbane

Skin Saver

What stands out from this product is actually the smell. Pungent to most people with its fishy aroma (since Vitamin A is usually derived from Cod fish). However, the consistency and the texture of the ointment is perfect for almost everything from preventing and reducing fine lines and wrinkles, cracked heels and nipples, rough knees and elbows. In my case, I had used to promote the skin healing of my very prone eczema spots. I would recommend to use this during night time while you sleep, and wash it of via bath or shower within the next morning as the smell can be noticeable in public. I still give it 5/5 because it has been a huge help to my skin.

Mon
MonSydney

PERFECT for dried out skin from acne products

tintbum
tintbum

Great for cat flu

I've just used this on a kitten with severe conjunctivitis and nasal blockage due to cat flu symptoms. I applied the ungvita onto a cotton bud and then over the glue eye (which is shut). I did this to soften the hard crust of discharge. The same with the nostrils. Not only did the crust soften, it went away and the very inflamed eye surrounds went from bright red to pink. The nose has not become occluded since with discharge. The Ungvita gives a good water proofing and is very soothing to the kitten.

KitchenWitch
KitchenWitchSydney, NSW

Tried and True

I've been using Ungvita for many, many years. I absolutely swear by it for healing and repairing skin issues. I suffer from a rare autoimmune issue known as Lichen Planus and it is one of the only ointments that actually helps alleviate the awful irritiation (even in intimate areas). In fact, I've used Ungvita to cure my horses of rain scald, and it works better than any standard equine product I've used. It's great stuff. It really is.

Never came across a product that work so well at healing wounds, the smell of cod liver oil is not that unpleasant .Reminds me when i had to have a table spoon every week.

kiwi
kiwiasked

Can Ungvita be used to reduce scars after necklift

Clint. P
Clint. Pasked

My American staffy has just eaten a whole tube of ungvitta.
Should I be taking her to the vet? Is it harmful if swallowed?

Chris M.

I am not qualified to answer you in real terms, but I would not be overly concerned if I was in the same boat! I wish you and your Staffy well!

Sharron71

Pooch might get an upset tummy from ingesting so much Vaseline which I believe is a major ingredient of Ungvita, or he may have an allergic reaction. Keep an eye on him, but he'll most likely be fine.

Rosa M
Rosa Masked

Can Ungvita be used on psorisis?

Chris M.

I don't know for sure but I suspect not. What it might do is ease the pain but I don't think it will help cure it.
I also don't think it will worsen your condition. In my experience, it is brilliant at numbing the pain of cuts and It does help speed the healing process. It's an absolute must in any First Aid Kit.

See all Bayer Ungvita Vitamin A Ointment questions