BCF

BCF (page 3 of 7)

Physical store, Online Store
See the Best Sports & Recreation Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by BCF

Alex
AlexGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Over a month and my online purchases have still not arrived... buy from anyone else!

Online purchase was 3 March 19.
- 2 x rods;
- 2 x reels; and
- lures, and other bits and pieces.

Not one rod, or reel has made it to my house. On top of that, their customer service is about as good as a cold pie! S....TH...E!

Overpriced

I bought a 33 litre Willow cooler today from Big W for $29. Went ito BCF afterwards for something else and found the exact same cooler being sold for $79.99 less 20 percent (on sale). That’s $64 after discount- stllmore than double the Big W price - that is just ridiculous!!! Do your homework with this mob!

Adrian
AdrianNorthern Region, NSW

Specials are a scam

After sifting through the countless email catalogues showing their specials and turning up to the store numerous times(11) to purchase items on sale only to find out they out sold out, a couple of times the morning that the sale was advertised to start. BCF obvioulsy carry very short supply of sale items deliberately they are fat to expensive normally. Our family have used this store since opening, we have now voted to ban the chain fro out list of decent retailers. even online purchasing is just too difficult.

Jay
JayAU

BCF fishing rods

Got the savage gear mpp2 rods quality was a bit average but the price was low as for bcf great store love the option of afterpay stores equipment is a little unorganised other than that they’re fantastic

Stephen
StephenLittle Mountain

Absolute rubbish.

You have to create an account to purchase anything. After going through the tedious process & receiving an activation email you click the link. It takes you to the login screen where- your email address is invalid. The physical stores don't have stock so I'll just go elsewhere.

Ripped off, left out of pocket and no item recieved

Ordered the most expensive kayak they stocked...a poor 10 ft paddle, the glide decoy pro 10 fishing kayak online, bcf called me 2 hours later and told me it was missing parts. Was told it would be a 2-3 week wait. Asked if they could get an express delivery. Was told no but the warehouse has 79 in stock. This is such a pain since i was originally going to buy a nextgen 10 for $599....which is better in every way. But i thought id save the time and buy an inferior quality kayak for more money rrp $899 because im impatient, now look where im at. bcf is happy to take your money for inferior quality products that arnt even available and wont assist in making the situation better faster. Lesson learned.

DANOE1
DANOE1Newcastle

More or less too expensive

Compared to some others, prices on boating equipment is worth avoiding and in my case, only acceptable if other shops are shut like on a Sunday arv.
Fishing gear sales are worth a look on occassion and can produce some decent deals.

Poor service

Waited at your Bateman's bay store (my local store I live here) for nearly half an hour after being told someone would assist me in regard to questions I had pertaining to the lowrance 2 hook×4 with GPS that I purchased there and got fed up with waiting and made my final purchase ( 2× life jackets and left).

SusanMR
SusanMRGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Online order never received

I placed an online order for a gift card which hadn't arrived after 10 days. I called to find out why and wasn't given a reason but was told they could resend it. I told them it was too late and asked for a refund, which I would have to wait 3-7 days for.
There should be some sort of check system to ensure orders are sent.
BCF sent me a link to submit a survey which I did, and because it was a bad review it was removed! So obviously the only reviews you will see on their website are good ones.

Liz
Liz

Item as described, no smile with service.

Recieved a call from BCF to pick up an item I had purchased over a month prior.
Organised time to collect, attended Mcgraths hill BCF. Staff weren’t very friendly but helped with signing off purchase. Left with item but decided not to return or use BCF again due to poor customer service..

Payment fails Money taken

Went online to purchase a gazebo got all the way to payments put all my details in for it to say the payment details were wrong but then checked my bank account and the payment had come out. I rang BCF for them to tell me it failed and they will try return the funds.
I think BCF have issues that they need to look into and stop blaming the customers.
I will not purchase anything again. Very poor.

Marine radio problems.

Steve
SteveHunter Region, NSW

BCF Rude and arrogant just like their obnoxious TV ads

Dont buy from this crap company their prices are far too high the staff are rude and arrogant and have no knowledge of a lot of there products (most of them ) and those ridiculous and offensive tv ads that's turned me off permanently there's plenty of decent camping and fishing stores out there with great prices and quality products that's where I'll be going NOT BCF Cheers Happy camping

Ge customer
Ge customerPerth, WA

Rude staff and don't give refunds on faulty products

Purchased a blow up mattress that was supposed to be the same as the display model, when I went to use it, it wouldn't inflate properly so I took it back to get a refund. They proceeded to test it out and they could see for themselves it wasn't inflating the same as the display model. They said oh that's fine nothing wrong with it and would not refund or give store credit. I have not been back since and would encourage others to shop elsewhere. I am also disgusted in the highly anoying advertisement on tv that they keep playing.

Jo C
Jo CThomastown

Payment on Website

Tried to purchase items on the website got all the way through for it to say the payment has not gone through to check payment settings. Checked my bank and yep the money has come out not once but twice. Rang the number to be told yes the payment had come through but was reversed but they could not tell me why. The money has not been returned to my bank and was told payments are completed by a 3rd party and they didn't know why it hasn't worked. I asked for the 3rd party details and was told they didn't know who it was and I have to contact my bank. To say I am disappointed is an understatement. Will not be purchasing anything again.

Carolyn
CarolynBenalla

Blunt, Rude, Negative Staff

tracy gray
tracy grayeden, nsw

what a absolutely ridiculousness service

No service

Was at noosa bcf yesterday and there was 3 girls talking to each other and ignored me and my daughter.

james
james

Bunch of B C F-reaking fools

BCF are a very good example of a purely profit driven business that has contempt for its customers. Every time I have been there I am appalled at their prices and arrogance. Recently I bought a camping light and it lasted a week - I really don't know how they stay in business - their only goal seems to be to make the most offensive ads on TV in an attempt to brainwash the population - I hope they go broke - stay away people....!

Unhappy truckie
Unhappy truckieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible customer service

I bought a Waeco CF40 fridge Freezer as I’m an interstate truck driver
I purchased it in Townsville BCF it’s had a week and a half of use it’s not cooling on 12v
I took it to my local store in Hoppers Crossing with the receipt and they want nothing to do with it trying to handball it off to a dealer in Geelong and they want me to take it to Geelong.
I thought as I purchased it from BCF it’s there responsibility to send it off to be looked at and repaired or replaced and they won’t give a refund either they want absolutely nothing to do with it.
I will never buy nor recommend BCF to any of my friends or family very disappointed in there customer service

Invisible
Invisible

Total ignorance of club member enquiries

They simply do not respond to member enquiries. I now shop at Anaconda and the problem is fixed. Plus they close earlier than most other shops.

JO.P
JO.PCanberra

Worst service

After a recent visit to the store in Belconnen I was so disappointed with the lack of service. I was not attended by any of the staff who preferred to stand around and talk amongst themselves.
The store was not busy at all so no excuses for the lack of service. Only thing o can say is don’t bother shopping there if you expect a friendly smile and great service as you won’t get it!

Fishing

Waited 20 minutes at the reel counter to view a fishing reel. Went to the counter asked for help got none! Girl at front counter asked me what reel I wanted and I said I wasn't sure but I'd like to have a look. I was the only one in the shop. She grunted at me and said someone should be out from the back soon. Told her not to worry! Went to Anaconda instant service! Up sold me and bought extra rod and reel $460.

Nick
NickSanctuary point

Terrible bcf brand gear

I used to love going to bcf because they have a wide range of stuff. The problem I have had over the last year or so is that they sell out of the good brands really quick and the only stuff they sell is there brands made for bcf. I now think of bcf as bunnings for fishing and camping gear. I just think your better off if you don't waste your money on just junk and spend it at a proper shop with proper gear.

Core lighting rubbish from BCF

Dont buy any of the core lighting stuff from BCF, the head torch is rubbish, switch keeps failing, happens on warranty replacement units as well, totally unsuited to night running or walking, very unreliable units. Literally only used it and its replacements a total of ten times. Should be removed from shelves immediately! Wont shop at BCF again until they do remove such rubbish shonky products from shelves!

Lachlan W.
Lachlan W.asked
Online Store

how do i set up a gift card

Grem
Gremasked
Physical store

I reviewed the 22Lt Pro Quip Water Container on the BCF website. It was a fair and accurate appraisal of a product that was not worth the premium price.
Apparently my review (pasted below) did not meet ALL their website guidelines.

Disappointed
I looked at these in the Castle Hill outlet. The first 2 I looked at had a problem with the air-bleed. It has a plastic threaded cap that is just a little bit too small to cap off the air bleed and you can't screw it on, the third one was ok. Took it away with us last weekend and had a problem with the tap. When the tap is opened it's ok, but when closing the tap the whole thing rotates and you need both hands to shut it off. If you try to tighten the tap any further it just pops out back to where it started. I was happy to pay the $36 for an Aussie made product, but would probably get better quality from a Chinese unit.

"Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!"

The day I purchased this water drum I spent a total of over $600.............never again.

Cesar G
Cesar Gasked
Online Store

Do you have a small fuel filter

Get an answer from our members and BCF representatives

BCF

Compare both BCF
CategoryOnline Shops and Sports & Recreation ShopsPhysical Shops and Sports & Recreation Shops
Offers Free Standard Shipping No