2.1

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (49)

Bec

BecGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Couldn’t buy because nobody would help

I went to the DFO Essendon store today as I need to purchase lights for a new 4bdr/2bath house. 3 staff members ignored me so they could chat to each other. I waited 15 minutes and was not even acknowledged. Felt so uncomfortable and awkward that I walked out. Very disappointing and unfortunately will have to look to your competitors to purchase all my indoor, outdoor and pool lighting

Store LocationDFO Essendon

Miss type 3 weeks not 4

Shane Cabin 8141
Caroline Webb

Caroline WebbSydney

‘Just because it’s on display doesn’t mean it’s in stock’

I quote. And the suggested solutions were ‘Wait until they come back into stock in April’ (two months away), or ‘Go to Waitara’. My preferred solution was to go home and order something better from Temple & Webster.

Store LocationKillara

jacintalindsay

jacintalindsaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Service & Fast Delivery

I bought 6 x Bayside Calypso Fans on Wednesday night with my VIP 40% off every second fan offer and the fans were delivered around midday on Friday. I am very happy with my purchase. Their website is great - easy to navigate and order with free delivery. Our previous fans had rusted after 12 years so it was time to replace them.

Tintor68Sydney, NSW

Terrible response to customer needs

Manager wouldn’t sell only lamp available from floor stock. 4/5 products I liked weren’t available, other stores had base but couldn’t find the shade. Manager and staff Offered no viable options. disgraceful service and staff not responsive to customer needs. In the end I came up with the option of taking a print image of the product so I could insert into the Xmas card. Never again will I purchase a product from Beacon lighting.

Store LocationCamperdown NSW

My best contact is [Details Removed]

Lucci wobbly fans

Purchased two lucci fans and they both wobble in high speed . The installation is correct ,mounting is secure so are the blades .

Luke W.

Luke W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

terrible customer service

Purchased a ceiling fan, then decided i needed another. Price had jumped 30%, messaged beacon lighting to try and get second fan for the price i paid for the first, was refused even though there was a promotion for 30% off any second fan purchased. No understanding, terrible customer service. never shopping there again.

Customer S.Beacon Lighting

Great service Big thanks to steve

Thanks to Underwood staff for their great service and Their Electrician Steve for installing 3 ceiling fan and coach light for his very professional job..
I'm Very Happy! And I highly recommend them.

Store LocationUnderwood
Customer S.Beacon Lighting

Hi Oscar, thank you for your message and the positive feedback. I will pass this on accordingly. Have a nice day. Emina - BL Customer Support Team

Steven Beach

Steven BeachGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I cannot believe i fell into the up to 50% click bait advertising

So after 14 pages of Beacons range of pendant lights I am yet to find an item that has been reduced by 50% as the click bait advertising suggests.......
OBV A SCAM

HillBilly

HillBillyPerth, WA

Pests

I never subscribed to any spam mail with these guys. I unsubscribed THREE TIMES, and I still keep on receiving their junk.

Why do you guys think I need to receive two emails a week with your gibberish?

I won't be replacing any light fittings in the next 100 years, and if I do, it won't be from you.

Do you get it?

cob

cobGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Prices have hiked up during COVID - Dont buy from them!!!

I had researched all the lights for my new house, price checked on March 4th, just before COVID. No sales where advertised at the time of my price check. Now July 14th and the prices have hiked, during Covid. Crap store taking advantage of a pandemic. Every single light i picked has gone up. Below is example of 3
Was $645 now $995 https://www.beaconlighting.com.au/orion-15-light-pendant-in-black-smoke
Was $380 now $569 https://www.beaconlighting.com.au/vaille-3-light-pendant-in-chrome
Was $237 now $349 https://www.beaconlighting.com.au/aksel-6-light-ctc-in-black-clear

Paula Milton

Paula MiltonPerth, WA

Terrible quality corroding downlights

We have 12 stainless steel downlights in our family room, all of which have been corroding over time, yes we purchased a few years ago from beacon in Mandurah WA but I wouldnt expect stainless steel inside my home to do this. The first pic is a pendant light in the kitchen, corroding away and looking terrible, purchased the same day as the downlights. All of the glass light holders cracked and discoloured, my expense to buy replacements!
I'm thinking the stainless steel is of a very poor grade, so don't expect anything Stainless steel to last very long. Will never buy lighting from Beacon again

Store LocationMandurah wa
Steven

StevenSouthern and Hills, SA

Outdoor bunker light price.

Bought a Brilliant 240V Fraser Bunker light from Beacon at Melrose Park for $84 which was marked as a 50% off RRP special. Saw the exact same item in Bunnings the next day for the normal price of $54. Feel ripped off and will not shop at Beacon again.

Store LocationMelrose Park
Keith

KeithMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor excuse of an ASX listed company

Coming from a tech savvy person. Beacon Lighting has by far the worst end-user checkout system that takes approximately 30 clicks and approximately 30minutes to complete a successful checkout for just one item. This combined with glitches during the credit card details and in-store pickup reverting back to delivery option. All regardless of checkout process within a login account or not. Such poor form for such a large retailer, particularly one listed on the ASX. It’s 2020; focus should be towards etrade and ease of purchase. Get with the times.

Mark K

Mark KPerth, WA

Amazing Staff & Advice

Dealing with Kyme at Cannington WA store is a pleasure. So helpful, great advice, couldn't ask for better service. We have kept going back as we keep getting the most sound advice

Store LocationCannington WA

BasPerth, WA

Fake discounts

I have been to beacon lighting. Over different time they advertise different discount sale, however these discount are not real as they increase the price on the first item and put discount on the second item!
I have a photos of prices on different stages which clearly shows that strategy .
Please stop that ongoing un real discount and do a geniuen one.
Regards.

Lucci Fans

Store LocationTownsville

BevSydney, NSW

Disgusted with service

I ordered a lamp online - the website says you will hear back in 72 hours - didn’t happen - advises the courier will leave the item if not home - didn’t happen!!! One week later I have a shade and no base as the courier company has lost it . Called Beacon lighting who promised a call back by COB and guess what - didn’t happen - all I have is a very expensive shade - never again

Customer S.Beacon Lighting

Hi Bev, I am sorry to hear about the issue with your delivery. Can you PM us at support@beaconlighting.com.au the details of your order ie. order number and I will get it looked into further and escalated for you, Debbie - BL Customer Service

Csabster

CsabsterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

False advertising

Store LocationBurwood
Customer S.Beacon Lighting

Hi Csabi, I am sorry to hear about your issue at our Burwood store. I have passed all of your concerns onto management for the review/actioning. Debbie - Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Pasqualina Sasked

Online store

I have a Radar 52 DC CTC fan ORB with light, purchased from Beacon Lighting Bunbury WA. Can you please explain to me why in the middle of the night the light comes on? Also returning home from being away for a couple of weeks, the fan was off when I left but had turned on while I was away. There had been no power serge or the other appliance in the hove would be flashing. Can you Help. Thank you. Pasqualina

Philip A.
Philip A.

We have never had any problems with products bought from Beacon and our problem is within the fan itself, possibly a loose screw, sorry but I cannot give any advice except to contact the beacon people on their contact line.

Hi Pasqualina,
From your description it does sound like there could be someone in the vicinity who also has the same fan, and their remote is on the same frequency as yours. To rectify this all you should need to do is re-pair your fan and remote.

1. Have the power switched off at the wall on for the fan
2. Switch on the fan you are programming and hold the power button for 30 sec or longer even up to 45 sec will do
3. Turn on the fan on to different speeds to check it has paired correctly.

This should solve the issue. If for some reason it does still turn on by itself after this, please contact our warranty team by filling out the following form: https://www.beaconlighting.com.au/warranty-claims

Regards, Rhiannon - Beacon Lighting Customer Service.

Pasqualina S

Thank you. Will trying doing this. Will contact you if this doesn't fix problem. Pasqualina

Mike C

Mike Casked

Beacon Lighting

Looking for feedback, good and bad, on the Beacon Lighting "Atlanta 142cm DC fan and light"
Mike

alison p.

alison p.asked

Beacon Lighting

Hi i purchased 2 ceiling fans the same...l now need a remote control..do l need to purchase 2..or will one work for both.fans.

Customer S.Beacon Lighting

Hi Alison, Thank you for your enquiry.
You will need to buy 2 remotes initially, as each remote will come with a receiver that will need to be installed in the canopy of the fan. You can then program 1 remote to work both fans.
Kind regards Amber - BL Customer Service