Caroline Webb

Caroline WebbSydney

‘Just because it’s on display doesn’t mean it’s in stock’

I quote. And the suggested solutions were ‘Wait until they come back into stock in April’ (two months away), or ‘Go to Waitara’. My preferred solution was to go home and order something better from Temple & Webster.

Philip A.South East Queensland, QLD

Customer service

Desk Lamp - joint failure

Approx 3 years ago we purchased an $90 metal adjustable desk lamp for my daughter.
The lamp has sat on her desk, not moved around and cleaned every week.
A few days ago she went to turn the adjusting screw and the lamp came apart at a join.
I spoke with the Shop Assistant at Beacon Castle Hill to inquire about a replacement piece to fix the lamp as it is still in fantastic condition (other than the break). They could not access replacement pieces. We did note that they still sell the same lamp.

Customer S.Beacon Lighting

Hi Lou, I am sorry to hear about the issue with your lamp. if you PM us at support@beaconlighting.com.au the details of the lamp and your contact details, I will get this looked further into for you. Debbie - Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Lou
Lou

Lisa G

Lisa GGold Coast

Faulty Fan, bad service

We have a faulty fan. It malfunctioned the second day. Its not one of the cheapest fans you can get either. Talking to one of the warranty team and it's almost a 3 week wait to get it fixed. She didn't seem overly apologetic or concerned. When i asked if there was any way possible it could be done earlier, she just stated their electrician was busy in stores as well. Its also cost me extra out of pocket as I had my electrician come back and check his work before i loged the warranty claim.

Jet

JetAustralia

Lacklustre

Linda

LindaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disappointing

Hi Linda,
Thank you for your review , we take on board all feedback provided and will have this passed on to the appropriate department for their perusal.
Kind Regards- Tina Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Tradie

TradieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great design but OVER PRICED POOR QUALITY FIXTURES (TRADESMEN WHO KNOWS)

TRADE USE OF BEACON LIGHTING!
My two cents. look at the other fast growing companies that give way better warranty up to 7 year warranty and are 1/4 of the price of beacon. so its a no brainier to push for clients to use other sources.
Also your quality control of light fittings is shocking. so many lights, time wasted over taking stock back because beacon lighting only care about one thing and that is selling at high prices for standard to shocking made fixtures. had so many complaints about it, but refuse to deal with beacon lighting warranty as i dont get compensated for my time.

Trademen sell products: invest in them and you will reap the rewards.

RobSouth East Queensland, QLD

High Prices for Poor Quality Products

Grumpy

GrumpySouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer Service? No, not really...

Bought LED Kitchen Ceiling Light from Beacon. Took time off for electrician to come and fit it. Once connected the light came on for 10 seconds then went off again. Electrician says the unit is faulty. Rang Beacon who said they would send their own electrician to replace the faulty unit. But the soonest they can do it is over 3 weeks away. A dark kitchen for 3 weeks! No sympathy from Beacon. All I said was "really?!" and the operator said "No need to take that tone with me. "
My guess is they get that reaction a lot! Not impressed! And why do they not offer a home fitting service?? (only for ceiling fans apparently)

Isuru S

Isuru SBrisbane

Great front of store staff at Cannon Hill; VERY POOR WARRANTY SERVICE!

sparkyNew South Wales

Shocking after Sales Service

Pip

PipCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Poor standing light quality

If the Walton Led Floor Lamp is anything to go by then I will think twice about buying a light from Beacon again. Looks trendy and functional perhaps but taking a closer look it seems so crudely made. Not quite smooth outer lamp surface, the telescopic mechanism is fiddly (screw knob needs to be tight, comes apart easily, rod often slips, the top is no longer square with the base), there are deep marks cut through the paint to the metal on part of stand like where a vice may have held it, and in hot weather the glue attaching the rubber-like material to the base melts and leaves a sticky very difficult to clean mess on the floor. I think my granddad could have made something better in his work shed.

MarshallGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not cheap, good looks, poor quality, no backing

MelvinGeelong

Really bad service

Bar

BarCasula

Poor service

Maree Z.

Maree Z.South East Queensland, QLD

Retail Store Let Down

Great prices, sales and products. However the stores we visit never have any stock available for what we want. When we finally decided which lamp we want, 3 stores did not have any stock AND they seem to be counting display items as 'stock' which should not be the case. They advised that they will order 1 from the warehouse and will arrive in a week. First of all, I don't think ordering just 1 is a smart move as there may be other customers wanting the same thing, so why not just have a bulk order and stock up...like at least 5 items. If this continues on then there will be no difference whatsoever from their retail store than to their online store.

We might as well have shopped online and ordered 1 directly from the website.

Ceiling fans disappoint

I did the research, and was impressed with the Airfusion ceiling fan. I bought 3, great airflow delivery yet extremely efficient to run. I didn't use it much, only on the very hot days but an impressive unit. I even told my friends how impressive it was. HOWEVER, the fan has failed miserably on durability, despite rarely even using them. 2 out of 3 have simply stopped working - kaput, no more from being used maybe 6 times in the year. They of course engineered to just survive the warranty period, so I'm told "too bad". If you plan to use a beacon lighting fan more than 6 times a year, it is false economy - look for a more dependable brand. I now tell my friends a very different story.

Stephen F

Stephen FSydney, NSW

Warranty sevice is a joke

I recently had fans bought from Beacon installed. I bought them at the Prospect NSW store where the price was good and the customer service excellent. However, one of the fans was faulty and couldn't be turned off. On contacting the Beacon Warranty section i was told service would be 10-15days away and that they were 'waiting for parts'! What a joke. The girl i spoke to was surly and completely disinterested. In the end i had to pay my own electrician to sort the problem out. I will never shop at Beacon again. Even Harvey Norman has a better warranty service. Beware!

Sold a used light

Ordered Ledlux lighting from Beacon online. Turns out one of the lights sent by Beacon Alexandria, which cost $170, was identified by my electrician as already used and broken. Complained about this on 22 July and Beacon promised to send out an electrician to fix the problem at a "time and date that suits you both." However, the times and dates offered don't suit anybody working Monday to Friday 9 to 5. Will be waiting until 18 August to have this problem fixed.

Narnie

NarnieSunshine Coast

Not very happy

We purchased all of our fans from Beacon when we built our home. Two out of the four fan-aways had stopped working on the two fastest speeds (not great for Queensland summers) just as they went out of warranty. Impeccable timing.We suffered it for a while then paid a small fortune to have them fixed.
The icing on the cake though....one of our normal fans with a single light has had the globe blow and we could not get the glass cover to unscrew to change it. After many failed attempts we looked it up online and on Beacon's own website it actually says to tap it gently with a rubber handle and hammer, to cover your furniture in case it shatters. Really?????
In general just very disappointed with the quality.

Pasqualina Sasked

Online store

I have a Radar 52 DC CTC fan ORB with light, purchased from Beacon Lighting Bunbury WA. Can you please explain to me why in the middle of the night the light comes on? Also returning home from being away for a couple of weeks, the fan was off when I left but had turned on while I was away. There had been no power serge or the other appliance in the hove would be flashing. Can you Help. Thank you. Pasqualina

Philip A.

We have never had any problems with products bought from Beacon and our problem is within the fan itself, possibly a loose screw, sorry but I cannot give any advice except to contact the beacon people on their contact line.

Hi Pasqualina,
From your description it does sound like there could be someone in the vicinity who also has the same fan, and their remote is on the same frequency as yours. To rectify this all you should need to do is re-pair your fan and remote.

1. Have the power switched off at the wall on for the fan
2. Switch on the fan you are programming and hold the power button for 30 sec or longer even up to 45 sec will do
3. Turn on the fan on to different speeds to check it has paired correctly.

This should solve the issue. If for some reason it does still turn on by itself after this, please contact our warranty team by filling out the following form: https://www.beaconlighting.com.au/warranty-claims

Regards, Rhiannon - Beacon Lighting Customer Service.

Pasqualina S

Thank you. Will trying doing this. Will contact you if this doesn't fix problem. Pasqualina

Mike C

Mike Casked

Beacon Lighting

Looking for feedback, good and bad, on the Beacon Lighting "Atlanta 142cm DC fan and light"
Mike

alison p.

alison p.asked

Beacon Lighting

Hi i purchased 2 ceiling fans the same...l now need a remote control..do l need to purchase 2..or will one work for both.fans.

Customer S.Beacon Lighting

Hi Alison, Thank you for your enquiry.
You will need to buy 2 remotes initially, as each remote will come with a receiver that will need to be installed in the canopy of the fan. You can then program 1 remote to work both fans.
Kind regards Amber - BL Customer Service