Beats Solo3

Beats Solo3

MPNs: 3381456, 4625657, 4625658 and 28 more
See the Best Wireless Headphones in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Beats by Dr. Dre? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Sound Quality
  • Bass
  • Comfort
  • Battery Life
  • Bluetooth

Stephmates
StephmatesPeel, WA

Great quality sound, awesome noise cancellation, some bugs when connected to tv.

Bought these for working from home during Covid as a speech pathologist needing good quality headphones for teletherapy. I loved the noise cancelling capabilities, I couldn’t hear anything else during my sessions and that was great. The quality of sound was great, could hear voices clear as day, enough clarity for articulation therapy! After lockdown I decided to use them for home, and connected to my tv. When an advert comes on (such as on YouTube) they seem to disconnect… haven’t found a solution for this bug yet. Aside from that, great for listening to music or podcasts, agile and light enough for the gym, and can’t wait to use on an aeroplane to really test out the noise canceling.

Purchased in June 2021 at Officeworks for $345.00.

Ash44
Ash44Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do Not Buy

I bought this beats headphone from Costco. I removed it from my head after listening to music. The structure cracked. Now costco does not want to refund me saying it is my fault. This is so disappointing of a product. Just like that, without any pressure it breaks. Also, apple does not cover structural damage. Best thing is to avoid this product.

Purchased in December 2019 at Costco for $300.00.

Charli R.
Charli R.

Just don’t

Google this problem. It is so common. After about a year or so one of the speakers goes. So many people are having this problem and it’s just not good enough for $300aud earphones. They also do not cancel noise in the slightest. I specifically bought as I am in a busy/noisy office. They didn’t do anything. Just don’t.

Purchased in January 2020 for $199.00.

Elle T.
Elle T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great sound quality headphones

I use my solo 3 for when I’m working and sometimes before bed and they’re very comfortable to use if you’re watching a movie on your laptop and the sound quality is second to none.

Don’t waste your money

Don’t buy these over priced rubbish plastic headphones, just after one year the battery fails to hold any charge.
Changed the battery out twice now only to find out that these headphones drain the battery flat when switched off.
Save your money and buy another brand.

Purchased in February 2019.

Best personal electronic devices in 2020!

ProductReview.com.au has analysed a year's worth of reviews to find the best wireless headphones, mobile phones and tablets in 2020. Compare specific reviewer ratings, ranging from Battery Life and Sound / Camera Quality to Value for Money and Ease of Use to help you choose the best personal tech.

Wendy Z.1 Nov 2019
best-personal-electronic-devices-in-2020
Jaspa
JaspaBrisbane

Faultless. Super long life.

I have had these for 3 years. Faultless. Beautiful sound and quick to charge, the few times I have had to do so. A little tight on the head but they have relaxed. The white leather ear covers on mine look like new.

Purchased in February 2017.

123dash4
123dash4South East Queensland, QLD

Unexpected crap aspects

The headphones don’t have a fast forward/rewind button only pause/play and volume up and down.
As a female with long curly hair, hair gets caught in the gaps every time I take them off.
Also the headphones hurt one particular part of each ear. They fit without adjustment but are simply built too tight, I get headaches after wearing them too long.

Purchased in September 2020 at JB Hi-Fi.

ireneee911
ireneee911

great sound and well built

I listen to music with these headphones and the sound quality and build quality is phenomenal! they are a great set if you want to go jogging or use then in the gym because they fit snuggly and don't shift when in place. I'm very satisfied with the quality.

Purchased in June 2020.

Katherine
KatherineSydney, NSW

Comfortable and Good Sound Quality

I normally use my phone just for music at home. I think it has a very good sound volume and quality. I can easily adjust the volume with the control on the headphone too. It has great wireless range too because I can still hear my music when I go to my balcony. I don't think it is suitable for physical activities like running though.

Purchased in January 2020 at eBay for $379.00.

Kenny
KennySydney, NSW

Nice Quality!

This beats solo 3 is comfortable to wear. I listen to music with it and I am absolutely loving it. But this is not suitable for sports though. The sound quality is decent. But note that this does not come with the noise cancellation feature. So I can still hear sounds surrounding me when I use this headphone.

Purchased in October 2019 at eBay for $350.00.

ljwilson
ljwilson

Beats Studio3 Wireless Headphones

Purchased in June 2018 at KOGAN.com for $329.00.

Beats Solo3 WL Gold

I do not think it is worth a penny to spend on this product... I spent $370, and bought it from apple store and I went for a run once while it was not even raining that heavy and that is it... the $370 goneeeeee... I bought a Boss headphone, wireless and I just came back from a run in a heavy rain and I am very happy with it.. I spent less than $200 on that....

Purchased in January 2017 at Apple Physical store for $370.00.

Sven
SvenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

garbage. Hands off

What can we say about this product and stay polite.
Bad sound Quality, Bad manufacturing quality and aweful service.
These things break after 1 to 2 years. When I mean break disintegrate. Ear pods fall apart, battery breaks after 13 months and after 2 years the frame even broke.

Purchased in July 2017 at Apple Online store for $350.00.

ljet.g4
ljet.g4Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Better than I expected

I didnt expect too much with this product as its popular with teenagers etc. but after a couple trials with a brand new pair I acquired, i can say this is a very impressive set of headphones.
I tested some binaural audio, and the sound reproduction was perfect. I forgot I was wearing them. I could hear distortion from speakers playing in the tester and could also hear the house vibrating and shaking in the tester so clearly, i thought it was my room shaking.
Highly recommend

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for $399.00.

Terrible long term wear and tear

I use my headphones for predominately travel - not really for everyday use as I use my Apple earbuds as they are easier to carry around. The ear protector material has flaked after not a lot of time or use. I am very disappointed about the quality of the materials that they have used given how much they cost. Will buy Bose next time.

Purchased in June 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $350.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Jason Hasked

Does it seem like complete rubbish, or even hatchet jobs that all but one review from every review with 1 - 3 stars are not verified purchases? Also, the one review that is a verified purchase explains that his purchase was a gift?
I know, right??
Next, a lot of there faults people are finding in these are that they're falling off the heads of owners while they're working out, when in fact they're simply not the sharpest tools in the shed in the first place by not buying the much more activity styled earbud type??

I'm thinking of purchasing a set, and I can't help but wonder why all of the lower scores recorded seem especially nonsensical and by non-verified purchases

Mortishia
Mortishia

Ok, Jason. I’m the verified buyer. Purchased 2 sets, the Black/Red & the Limited edition Mickey 90th. I too read the reviews and wonder when one is purchasing an item they need to look at all aspects. Whether it’s Beats or any other brand, headphones have their own purpose. The whole overview of this item is it’s use. The clarity is great, it’s wireless and at this stage tested to up to 3 metres, they are comfortable around the ears and head, stylish. As per previous notes, personally designed for walking, light jogging ie. everyday use. Personally, as first time a Beats users, am very happy.
Hope this has aided your question.

Jason H

Thank you for the reply but no, Mortishia, no you're not. I asked about the people who rated these in their reviews of this product with 1 - 3 stars. with only one of them listed as a verified purchase, but who actually received these as a gift.

Most others who rated them higher were verified, and it's only the lower ratings that aren't verified and, as such, I was wondering if they were possibly running with agendas who're just out to slag the competition...

It just seems a little odd ;-)

Charmaine Coogan
Charmaine Cooganasked

I have the beats set and the right hand side has some sort of a wire problem. It cuts in and out like the wire isn't connected correctly.

Nathan V.
Nathan V.

Hi Charmaine,

I too have the same issue but it may just be wear/tear depending on how long you have them.

If the beats are fairly new you should be able to go back to the manufacture and get a replacement wire should it still be under warranty.

Abby
Abbyasked

Is it worth buying and how long do they headphones last before breaking?

seandouglas
seandouglas

It’s worth it, haven’t broken them and I’ve trained in them for a while

CategoryWireless Headphones
TypeOver-Ear
FeaturesMicrophone Included
Weight215 g
Battery Life40 hours
Connections3.5mm Jack and Bluetooth
Colour / FinishMatt Black, Satin Gold, Satin Silver, Gloss Black, Gloss White, Rose Gold, Gold, Silver, (PRODUCT)Red, Defiant Black-Red
ManualDownload manual
  • GTIN14: 00190198084392, 00190198084545, 00190198084590, 00190199107175, 00190199107236, 00190199107298, 00190199107359 and 00190199312678
  • GTIN13: 0190198084446, 0190198084545, 0190198084590, 0190198217592, 0190198253323, 4549995105124 and 4549995105148
  • GTIN12: 190198084392, 190198084446, 190198084491, 190198084545, 190198084590, 190198217479, 190198217592, 190198253323, 190198755278, 190198755315, 190198755582, 190198755636, 190198755674, 190198936769, 190198936813, 190199107175, 190199107236, 190199107298, 190199107359, 190199312432, 190199312555, 190199312616 and 190199312678
  • MPN: 3381456, 4625657, 4625658, BBD00035, BBD00036, BBD00071, BBD00072, BBD00096, BBD00097, BBD00098, BBD00106, KHBBDDSOL3BCR, KHBBDDSOL3BCW, KHBBDDSOL3BLK, KHBBDDSOL3DBR, KHBBDDSOL3GBL, KHBBDDSOL3GLD, KHBBDDSOL3PMAG, KHBBDDSOL3RED, KHBBDDSOL3ROS, KHBBDDSOL3SGD, KHBBDDSOL3SIL, KHBBDDSOL3SSL, KHBBDDSOL3UV, KHBBDDSOL3WHT, MNEP2PAA, MNEQ2PA-A, MNET2PA/A, MP162PAA, MP582PA/A and MUH52PA/A