Beats Solo3

• Bluetooth
Katherine

KatherineSydney, NSW

Comfortable and Good Sound Quality

I normally use my phone just for music at home. I think it has a very good sound volume and quality. I can easily adjust the volume with the control on the headphone too. It has great wireless range too because I can still hear my music when I go to my balcony. I don't think it is suitable for physical activities like running though.

Purchased in January 2020 at eBay for A$379.00.

Kenny

KennySydney, NSW

Nice Quality!

This beats solo 3 is comfortable to wear. I listen to music with it and I am absolutely loving it. But this is not suitable for sports though. The sound quality is decent. But note that this does not come with the noise cancellation feature. So I can still hear sounds surrounding me when I use this headphone.

Purchased in October 2019 at eBay for A$350.00.

ljwilson

ljwilson

Beats Studio3 Wireless Headphones

Purchased in June 2018 at KOGAN.com for A$329.00.

Beats Solo3 WL Gold

I do not think it is worth a penny to spend on this product... I spent $370, and bought it from apple store and I went for a run once while it was not even raining that heavy and that is it... the $370 goneeeeee... I bought a Boss headphone, wireless and I just came back from a run in a heavy rain and I am very happy with it.. I spent less than $200 on that....

Purchased in January 2017 at Apple Physical store for A$370.00.

Sven

SvenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

garbage. Hands off

What can we say about this product and stay polite.
Bad sound Quality, Bad manufacturing quality and aweful service.
These things break after 1 to 2 years. When I mean break disintegrate. Ear pods fall apart, battery breaks after 13 months and after 2 years the frame even broke.

Purchased in July 2017 at Apple Online store for A$350.00.

ljet.g4

ljet.g4Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Better than I expected

I didnt expect too much with this product as its popular with teenagers etc. but after a couple trials with a brand new pair I acquired, i can say this is a very impressive set of headphones.
I tested some binaural audio, and the sound reproduction was perfect. I forgot I was wearing them. I could hear distortion from speakers playing in the tester and could also hear the house vibrating and shaking in the tester so clearly, i thought it was my room shaking.
Highly recommend

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$399.00.

Bluetooth

Terrible long term wear and tear

I use my headphones for predominately travel - not really for everyday use as I use my Apple earbuds as they are easier to carry around. The ear protector material has flaked after not a lot of time or use. I am very disappointed about the quality of the materials that they have used given how much they cost. Will buy Bose next time.

Purchased in June 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$350.00.

Not worth the money!

I used this headphone very rarely, in both sides of handles some crack has appeared after a year!
So disappointed with Myer and Apple care (like my previous experiences with Apple for my apple watch and my iPhone ). It was a waste of money and I am regretting why I did not go for a Bose or Sennheiser headphone.

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer for A$404.00.

serena m.

serena m.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

well made and very durable

Ive had these for about 2 months now and I musty have dropped them at least 20 times and they still work like they just came out of the box. would've given 5 stars if they were a bit more reasonably priced.

Purchased in October 2019.

MortishiaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Easy listening

Purchased in November 2019 at Myer for A$305.00.

Shaylee M.

Shaylee M.South East Queensland, QLD

Such amazing sound

These are perfect to listening to your music or even audiobooks. They are a great size and fold down even small and have a case which helps protect them. I’m so glad I purchase these headphones

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$249.00.

Nat

NatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not worth the money

I purchased the small size earphones, they are still too big. Constantly fall off my head during gym sessions. Cant use them for longer than 30 mins at a time due to the pressure it puts on my ears. sound quality I expected better for the price I paid.

Purchased in September 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$360.00.

bridget16

bridget16Central Queensland, QLD

poor quality ear covers

Not hardly used them and the ear cover fabrics come out, my daughter in laws are the same. ive a cheap 20.00 pair i wear every night on my computer, my grandson uses them, 2 years old and still like new. Beats also 2 years old lucky to have had 50 hours use

Purchased in December 2017.

Kaytlyn

KaytlynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not made for exercise

I love my beats headphones, however, I bought them specifically for the gym and exercise. Unfortunately when you sweat in them it creates a putrid stained smell in the fabric. They are also to oversized for my head, and will fall down when I’m running or doing burpees. Great for someone just listen to music while studying or on a plane

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Nathan V.Sydney, NSW

Beats Solo 3 perfect purchase

Purchased in March 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for A$400.00.

Ash Australia

Ash AustraliaCanberra

Hot dayum! That battery life though!

These headphones found me. I got them as a promotional gift when I upgraded my phone. Prior to I was sporting a very cheap pair of wireless headphones from Typo. I am not sure how much these bad boys go for, but I am pretty accustomed to them now and would struggle to revert back to my el cheapo pair, or heaven forbid, sans wireless. I mostly use my headphones at the gym. Running, weights, even when doing yoga - they don't get in the way or fall off. Sound quality is very good (best I have ever known). Oh and the battery life. I literally never charge these. It's astounding.

Purchased in July 2019.

SYDHarry

SYDHarrySydney

Good head phone

I use Beats Solo 3 headphone daily. Switching between iPhone Xs or Mac Book Pro is super easy.
Excellent battery life. Sound quality is great but not the best.

On-ear controls such as volume up, down and play, pause are easy to use.

One and only my complaint is wearing this head phone long time makes little pain in the auricle.

Purchased in May 2019.

Jody

Jody

Heavy and totally impractical for gym use

I have used these headphones at the gym on two occassions now and have found them to be heavy and fall off my head when lying on my back or leaning forward to exercise. The sound is ok but overall these are horrible for the gym and a complete waste of money. They are ok if exercising in an upright position but forget it for any other position. I spend more time putting the damn things back on my ears/head than exercising. Unless you have a larger than average headsize I would strongly suggest you try these on your head before buying.....wish I had. In summary, these are not suitable for general gym use.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$300.00.

Sarah S.

Sarah S.Northeast, VIC

Love it! Great for listening to music while excising

Great for listening to a wide variety of music. Have had absolutely no quality issues. Being wireless I really enjoy using the Beats headphones while excising. The ear pieces themselves are quite small but they do fit securely.

Purchased in October 2018 at Kogan.com for A$299.00.

CC Alberto

CC AlbertoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This heaphones are really amazing! We bought it for our son but ended up using it most of the time. Just loving it especially when watching movies at night using our phone.

Purchased in August 2018 at Myer for A$420.00.

Jason Hasked

Does it seem like complete rubbish, or even hatchet jobs that all but one review from every review with 1 - 3 stars are not verified purchases? Also, the one review that is a verified purchase explains that his purchase was a gift?
I know, right??
Next, a lot of there faults people are finding in these are that they're falling off the heads of owners while they're working out, when in fact they're simply not the sharpest tools in the shed in the first place by not buying the much more activity styled earbud type??

I'm thinking of purchasing a set, and I can't help but wonder why all of the lower scores recorded seem especially nonsensical and by non-verified purchases

Mortishia

Ok, Jason. I’m the verified buyer. Purchased 2 sets, the Black/Red & the Limited edition Mickey 90th. I too read the reviews and wonder when one is purchasing an item they need to look at all aspects. Whether it’s Beats or any other brand, headphones have their own purpose. The whole overview of this item is it’s use. The clarity is great, it’s wireless and at this stage tested to up to 3 metres, they are comfortable around the ears and head, stylish. As per previous notes, personally designed for walking, light jogging ie. everyday use. Personally, as first time a Beats users, am very happy.
Hope this has aided your question.

Jason H

Thank you for the reply but no, Mortishia, no you're not. I asked about the people who rated these in their reviews of this product with 1 - 3 stars. with only one of them listed as a verified purchase, but who actually received these as a gift.

Most others who rated them higher were verified, and it's only the lower ratings that aren't verified and, as such, I was wondering if they were possibly running with agendas who're just out to slag the competition...

It just seems a little odd ;-)

Charmaine Coogan

Charmaine Cooganasked

I have the beats set and the right hand side has some sort of a wire problem. It cuts in and out like the wire isn't connected correctly.

Hi Charmaine,

I too have the same issue but it may just be wear/tear depending on how long you have them.

If the beats are fairly new you should be able to go back to the manufacture and get a replacement wire should it still be under warranty.

Abby

Abbyasked

Is it worth buying and how long do they headphones last before breaking?

seandouglas
seandouglas

It’s worth it, haven’t broken them and I’ve trained in them for a while