Beats Solo3

Beats Solo3 (page 2 of 8)

MPNs: 3381456, 4625657, 4625658 and 28 more

• Sound Quality
  • Bass
  • Comfort
  • Battery Life
  • Bluetooth

Ash Australia

Ash AustraliaCanberra

Hot dayum! That battery life though!

These headphones found me. I got them as a promotional gift when I upgraded my phone. Prior to I was sporting a very cheap pair of wireless headphones from Typo. I am not sure how much these bad boys go for, but I am pretty accustomed to them now and would struggle to revert back to my el cheapo pair, or heaven forbid, sans wireless. I mostly use my headphones at the gym. Running, weights, even when doing yoga - they don't get in the way or fall off. Sound quality is very good (best I have ever known). Oh and the battery life. I literally never charge these. It's astounding.

Purchased in July 2019.

Sound Quality
SYDHarry

SYDHarrySydney

Good head phone

I use Beats Solo 3 headphone daily. Switching between iPhone Xs or Mac Book Pro is super easy.
Excellent battery life. Sound quality is great but not the best.

On-ear controls such as volume up, down and play, pause are easy to use.

One and only my complaint is wearing this head phone long time makes little pain in the auricle.

Purchased in May 2019.

Jody

Jody

Heavy and totally impractical for gym use

I have used these headphones at the gym on two occassions now and have found them to be heavy and fall off my head when lying on my back or leaning forward to exercise. The sound is ok but overall these are horrible for the gym and a complete waste of money. They are ok if exercising in an upright position but forget it for any other position. I spend more time putting the damn things back on my ears/head than exercising. Unless you have a larger than average headsize I would strongly suggest you try these on your head before buying.....wish I had. In summary, these are not suitable for general gym use.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $300.00.

Sarah S.

Sarah S.Northeast, VIC

Love it! Great for listening to music while excising

Great for listening to a wide variety of music. Have had absolutely no quality issues. Being wireless I really enjoy using the Beats headphones while excising. The ear pieces themselves are quite small but they do fit securely.

Purchased in October 2018 at Kogan.com for $299.00.

CC Alberto

CC AlbertoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This heaphones are really amazing! We bought it for our son but ended up using it most of the time. Just loving it especially when watching movies at night using our phone.

Purchased in August 2018 at Myer for $420.00.

ElizaJasper

ElizaJasperSydney, NSW

Great product - Just highly priced

Great all around. Sound isolating is good but not what it's priced at. Quality of music is fantastic.
I would recommend getting a similar product for a better price, you will find plenty of the same quality. You pay for the brand name with this one.

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hi-Fi.

Kaluwa

KaluwaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

overall great product

I used these headphones for everything and almost everyday, sound quality is great, its what i expected it to be, but can be uncomfortable when wearing it for a long time

Purchased in June 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $150.00.

Anna L

Anna LPerth, WA

Stylish and sounds great

It took me forever to find the right wireless headphones for me as I’m picky with sound quality. The Beats were a little bit out of my price range but I have no regrets. The Beats have the best bass in my opinion and they also look great and aren’t bulky looking as well. Works perfectly with my iPhone and the battery seems to last forever. I use it when exercising, at the gym, and on flights. After a while though they tend to hurt my ears as the padding doesn’t sit over the ears but on them. This is if you wear the headphones for long hours such as on a flight. But otherwise highly recommend them .

Purchased in January 2018.

Bbee

BbeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

In my own world with my beats on!

These provide awesome sound quality and while I’m working out at the gym I never have an issue. I listen to a variety of music and the sound quality is great. They fold up for easy storage too.
Charge lasts well!

Purchased in November 2018 at Officeworks Online store for $197.00.

Kade T

Kade TGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Beats are over rated but theyre still decent headphones just not as good as the hype around them.

For high end headphones they arent that great youre probably better off going with bose or something like that these are more of a middle class headphone if you compared them to say sony there wouldnt be much difference.

Purchased in April 2019.

Banu

BanuGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Long battery life. stylish colours and reasonably sized not too bulky

I listen to music as well as youtube
I use them when exercising, cycling but not for running
wireless range and sound quality are amazing
not too bulky and very feel lightweight

Purchased in January 2019 for $199.00.

Milad M.

Milad M.Sydney, NSW

enjoy music to the fullest

i bought my beats solo 3 almost 6 month ago. from the moment i got this headphone my understanding of music have changed. its perfect for anyone who likes music. i'd certainly recommend this to my friends.

Purchased in October 2018.

Akash

AkashSydney, NSW

Not worth the price

These headphones are average, they are definitely not worth the price. I listen to rap and heavy metal. I got them free from Optus and so far they work fine. Definitely, prefer bose though. They also put a lot of pressure on your ears and after a while, your ears get red and hurt. Other than that, the volume and wireless are range is fine.

Purchased in May 2019 at Optus.

graham barber

graham barberSydney, NSW

badly made, and don't last long

bought two set for my kids. paid a fortune for them, and with normal use both didn't last one year. One side in both sets stopped working. it was the left side in both. took them back to "The good guys" and they only replaced one set, as the other was just out of warrantee. I was furious ! and yep....a short time later the replacement set failed as well! I just gave up in the end! will never buy Beats again...!

Purchased in March 2017 at The Good Guys for $399.00.

R Skinner

R SkinnerSouth East Queensland, QLD

APPLE GARBAGE

Absolutely the worst wireless headphones you could purchase. They worked perfect for 1 year and 1 month. It was then that one speaker cut out and then they stopped connecting to bluetooth. Aux worked well for about a month then it started to cut out. I contacted Beats by Dre and after 3 weeks of back and fourth they told me there was nothing they could do for me and didn't even offer a discounted pair for the crappy ones they sold me! So I decided to take the broken headphones to my IT shop where they pulled them apart and reviled that the 2 wires were completed severed and that the quality of the gauge they used was garbage. I have sold all my Apple products and will never purchase from this company again!!

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $500.00.

Joey Am

Joey Am

Good sound quality

It has a really great sound quality, the noise cancelling works really well. It can folds it into so small, so it’s pretty convenient to bring it around. Quite expensive tho.

Purchased in July 2018.

They are not worth the money. One year warranty. Then they short out. For 300 dollars, not worth the money.

I will never by another pairs of beats. 300 dollars, a one year warranty. It's not worth it. After 1 year they started shorting out. Don't waste your money. N

Purchased in December 2017 for $300.00.

Dayna E.

Dayna E.

Amazing! ... not for glasses wearers though...

Beats headphones are great... if you don't wear glasses. The sound quality is amazing and I cannot believe how well the noise cancelling works! The way the headphones fold up is also really handy.

But unfortunately beats headphones do not go well for people who full-time wear glasses. You would expect the soft cushion to be fine when it comes to the temples of the glasses but even with soft cushion the headphones push the temples into your head causing a headache.

I would definitely recommend Beats! Especially when the Apple store have promotions for students to get free Beats when purchasing a computer!

Purchased in March 2019.

Kristy

KristyBerkeley Vale

Amazing!

These headphones are great! Do not fall of at the gym and the sound is amazing. Very comfortable and easy to use. Long lasting charge which is very convenient. Was worried about the inside getting dirty, but with a quick wipe down after the gym there are no marks and look great!

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Wutpapp

WutpappMelb

Quite comfortable

The noise cancellation is also very good, battery life is great, they fold up nicely into their case & sit well on the head, sound quality is really good, it is super easy to set up and connect with the Bluetooth. Would highly recommend to those travelling frequently but it is quite expensive tho.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Jason Hasked

Does it seem like complete rubbish, or even hatchet jobs that all but one review from every review with 1 - 3 stars are not verified purchases? Also, the one review that is a verified purchase explains that his purchase was a gift?
I know, right??
Next, a lot of there faults people are finding in these are that they're falling off the heads of owners while they're working out, when in fact they're simply not the sharpest tools in the shed in the first place by not buying the much more activity styled earbud type??

I'm thinking of purchasing a set, and I can't help but wonder why all of the lower scores recorded seem especially nonsensical and by non-verified purchases

Mortishia
Mortishia

Ok, Jason. I’m the verified buyer. Purchased 2 sets, the Black/Red & the Limited edition Mickey 90th. I too read the reviews and wonder when one is purchasing an item they need to look at all aspects. Whether it’s Beats or any other brand, headphones have their own purpose. The whole overview of this item is it’s use. The clarity is great, it’s wireless and at this stage tested to up to 3 metres, they are comfortable around the ears and head, stylish. As per previous notes, personally designed for walking, light jogging ie. everyday use. Personally, as first time a Beats users, am very happy.
Hope this has aided your question.

Jason H

Thank you for the reply but no, Mortishia, no you're not. I asked about the people who rated these in their reviews of this product with 1 - 3 stars. with only one of them listed as a verified purchase, but who actually received these as a gift.

Most others who rated them higher were verified, and it's only the lower ratings that aren't verified and, as such, I was wondering if they were possibly running with agendas who're just out to slag the competition...

It just seems a little odd ;-)

Charmaine Coogan

Charmaine Cooganasked

I have the beats set and the right hand side has some sort of a wire problem. It cuts in and out like the wire isn't connected correctly.

Nathan V.
Nathan V.

Hi Charmaine,

I too have the same issue but it may just be wear/tear depending on how long you have them.

If the beats are fairly new you should be able to go back to the manufacture and get a replacement wire should it still be under warranty.

Abby

Abbyasked

Is it worth buying and how long do they headphones last before breaking?

seandouglas
seandouglas

It’s worth it, haven’t broken them and I’ve trained in them for a while

CategoryWireless Headphones
TypeOver-Ear
FeaturesMicrophone Included
Colour / FinishMatt Black, Satin Gold, Satin Silver, Gloss Black, Gloss White, Rose Gold, Gold, Silver, (PRODUCT)Red, Defiant Black-Red
Weight215 g
Battery Life40 hours
Connections3.5mm Jack and Bluetooth
ManualDownload manual

• GTIN14: 00190198084392, 00190198084545, 00190198084590, 00190199107175, 00190199107236, 00190199107298, 00190199107359 and 00190199312678
  • GTIN13: 0190198084446, 0190198084545, 0190198084590, 0190198217592, 0190198253323, 4549995105124 and 4549995105148
  • GTIN12: 190198084392, 190198084446, 190198084491, 190198084545, 190198084590, 190198217479, 190198217592, 190198253323, 190198755278, 190198755315, 190198755582, 190198755636, 190198755674, 190198936769, 190198936813, 190199107175, 190199107236, 190199107298, 190199107359, 190199312432, 190199312555, 190199312616 and 190199312678
  • MPN: 3381456, 4625657, 4625658, BBD00035, BBD00036, BBD00071, BBD00072, BBD00096, BBD00097, BBD00098, BBD00106, KHBBDDSOL3BCR, KHBBDDSOL3BCW, KHBBDDSOL3BLK, KHBBDDSOL3DBR, KHBBDDSOL3GBL, KHBBDDSOL3GLD, KHBBDDSOL3PMAG, KHBBDDSOL3RED, KHBBDDSOL3ROS, KHBBDDSOL3SGD, KHBBDDSOL3SIL, KHBBDDSOL3SSL, KHBBDDSOL3UV, KHBBDDSOL3WHT, MNEP2PAA, MNEQ2PA-A, MNET2PA/A, MP162PAA, MP582PA/A and MUH52PA/A