BeautyBay.com

BeautyBay.com

Brand Manager for BeautyBay.com? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

MJParisi
MJParisiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No Issues and Great Website

I ordered my cosmetics on Beauty Bay 17 October which I received today. I am very happy with the delivery and time it took as most parcels, particularly from overseas. My parcel took two weeks which I am happy with this timeframe. In these "pandemic" time parcels can be delayed. I was advised of the tracking number and it all went smoothly. I will be using this website again. Thanks for the great service.

Customer service non existent

Don’t bother buying from this company. I ordered some skincare 5 weeks ago and I still haven’t received it, plus they have not replied to one single email. Completely ignored

Merru
MerruSydney, NSW

The slowest shipping ever!

I wish I had seen all of these reviews before I placed my order. Now, to be fair they have a wide range of products at reasonable prices.
However, the shipping is ridiculous. I ordered products and they weren't shipped until 2 weeks after my order. It took another 2 weeks for the products to actually arrive.
If you're in no hurry to get what you ordered then it's fine. But I prefer to receive my order within the same month I've placed it.

Juls
JulsSydney, NSW

Good quality

I purchased 3 THE GLOSS lipglosses from Jeffree Star Cosmetics from the site, they all came with pretty good quality, no problem with the delivery as welll.

Monica
Monica

Pleasantly surprised

The worst company I ever had the unfortunate experience of buying from. Absolutely terrible.

1)problems with the site-speacially paying with some cards.
2)dark patterns- trying to trick customers. 3.)problems with delivery.
4)awful customer service (the worst I ever encountered)

Date PurchasedAugust 2021
Mariah M.
Mariah M.Sydney, NSW

Receive broken item with little compensation

My first experience with beauty bay and certainly my last. I received a broken eyeshadow palette and sent pictures to customer service for a refund. They only provide a 40% refund unless you send the whole palette back! The items were received loosely in a box! No bubble wrap or anything ensure everything stays safe and doesn’t break and yet I can’t receive a full refund! We are in lockdown where we are and I will not go out to return a palette that was received broken!! Disappointed in their policy and customer service. Do not recommend!

cathy
cathySydney, NSW

Misrepresented delivery

I paid $20 for expressed delivery. it’s now day 3 since I placed the order and i’ve just received the message ‘ parcel dispatched’ . There’s no way it’s going to make it in time for the birthday. False advertising and I paid yeh premium.

sah12
sah12

Dishonest Shipping Policy

Was given the option to pay extra for express shipping at checkout. I’ve never shopped with them before. 4 days later they have not even sent my order! The website after searching says that there are covid delays so express shipping may not be available. You would think the checkout would reflect this so I did not pay the extra price without knowing these details. The order also has not even been shipped from their warehouse yet so I fail to see how covid is influencing that. The website and options were great, I just want my stuff and I’m not sure if I’ve been scammed ):

Peachy
Peachy

No complaints here

I’m surprised by so many negative reviews. Perhaps I’ve been lucky but I’ve had no issues in the two years I’ve been shopping regularly with them. I am in love with NIOD skincare and Beauty Bay is an authorised online retailer of their products. Their prices are very competitive and when they apply promotional discounts it’s even better! Delivery can take 2-3 weeks but I don’t pay for shipping. I notice they dispatch quickly though and packages arrive in perfect condition.

Stealing Money from Customers

Date PurchasedApril 2021
Lyla Lowry
Lyla Lowry

Damaged in transit

I actually wish I had seen all these reviews before I placed a big order...
My first order was a palette damaged in transit. It looked like it had been stood on. Which, to be fair, is not their fault. However, the box it was in was shoebox sized, with no decent padding. So it would have been bashed around anyway. They did get back to me quite promptly when I complained and did give me an immediate refund.

In the meantime though, I ordered 3 more palettes and honestly - I have zero faith that they will arrive here in any condition other than multicoloured shattered powder. Sigh. I only just stumbled on all of these reviews by accident.

Ikbiri
IkbiriGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Doesn't even deserve 1 star

Absolutely disgusted with the customer service at this company. Not only did they withdraw more money than approved from my account, but they then sat on my parcel for 4 days without sending it as they weren't sure what to do.
Discount codes do not work when you sign up and even though it's promised on the payment page, they withdraw what they want from your PayPal account with no resolution.
Do not buy from this website.
God knows if I'll ever get my parcel let alone my refund.. and that's after spending $100's of dollars!!

Beware!

Mimi J.
Mimi J.Sydney, NSW

Worst service ever

Im from Australia & ordered an item a month ago and i haven’t received or got any tracking updates since 3 weeks ago! I contacting them and they said ‘we can’t refund you because it’s not declared lost’ Sorry? How is it not lost when I havnt had updates in weeks. I’ve contacted multiple times and they’ve said the same thing ‘we will get back to you’ Like sorry? what are you going to do, go through your international mail?! Im so disappointed. Never again!!!

Sharky
Sharky Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Was Skeptical at First

I was worried at first reading all the bad reviews about this website but I took a chance because I couldn’t find the specific hair product I was looking for on any other website (I looked thoroughly) and there was nothing to worry about in the end - product was shipped in good time, arrived in good time and all safely packed! I wouldn’t hesitate to shop here again. I recommend despite the overflowing bad reviews!