Inferior baby carrier
I was disappointed with this carrier. In the photos it looks like a much higher quality but when it arrived I was disappointed to see that it is made from cheap flimsy cotton drill which picks up lint like Velcro and looks a mess without having even been used. The webbing used for the straps is cheap and nasty. The buckles are annoying and supposedly to ensure safety yet the one buckle that actually secures the carrier on the back/chest has a small crappy buckle without the safety catch. The shoulder straps are so wide that unless you are a big...man they are far too wide to sit on your shoulders without looking ridiculous and feeling really chunky. It is hard to adjust the straps without using both hands as they pull from front to back when wearing in front carry position which is hard to pull your arms backwards to tighten enough for a small baby... I could write a book about the things that are wrong with this carrier. I was so surprised after reading so many good reviews. I bought the carrier online and was disappointed that I was unable to return it despite never having been used other than to try it on. Biggest waste of $180 ever.
Questions & Answers
Can it be worn more traditionally, meaning, without the "x-shaped" straps on your back?
Yes, you an wear normally. There is a clip on the straps to keep them from sliding off your shoulders. :)
Yes you can. It is your choice as to how you want the straps, whether crossed or just on your shoulders. As Bexa said, there is another clip you can use to clip the straps together so they don't slide off your shoulders. I personally cross the straps when wearing bub on my front, but when I'm back carrying I wear the straps just on my shoulders and clip the safety strap across my chest. :)
Thanks for replying! That's a major factor for me. Now the only thing that troubles me is the thickness of the material and its bulkiness, I believe the Ergobaby performance has more to offer...
Get an answer from our members
- Made from 100% cotton, the Beco Gemini Baby Carrier is both comfortable and breathable, wicking away moisture to help keep you cool even while carrying bub in the warmer months. The cotton is also resistant to lint and static.
- The Beco Gemini Baby Carrier is suitable to use from birth
- While one size usually doesn’t fit all mums, dads and carers, the Gemini carrier is conveniently customisable. The waistband can be adjusted, from 27 inches to 59 inches, and the shoulder strap can be adjusted from 18 inches to 49 inches long.
- Four carry positions allow you to choose how you best prefer to transport your baby – on your front (with baby either facing in or out), back carry, or hip carry
- Easy cleaning is within sights, thanks to the Beco Gemini being machine washable.
- GTIN12: 894515002563, 894515002570, 894515002587 and 894515002723
Other Baby Carriers
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.