Bedford 3 Door Wardrobe

Bedford 3 Door Wardrobe

See the Best Wardrobes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bedford 3 Door Wardrobe? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.9
ErinLF
ErinLFNew South Wales

Disappointment and regret

I bought the 3 door Bedford wardrobe from Bunnings and I have not regretted a purchase more in my life! On opening, a side panel was found cracked almost all the way through. The “invisible” screws didn’t engage on one side of the bottom shelf making the rest completely unsupported. It was flimsy and unsafe. I wish I had read the reviews before buying because the instructions where horrendous, the quality was extremely poor and I can never get back the time I wasted. I fortunately was able to get a complete refund as the item was faulty and I must say the Bunnings staff were very helpful and understanding. I absolutely do NOT recommend this product!

Purchased in August 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $770.00.

Emma
EmmaNew South Wales

Terrible instructions

This is by far the worst instructions that I have ever come across. We even had a builder to help assemble and was appalled at the lack of detail. Don’t recommend.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $110.00.

Other Wardrobes

Poor design/way off the price point

The back of the wardrobe is made of three sheets of cheap/thin wood that are hard to hammer in. They also barely hold any weight against them. The instructions are also needlessly ambiguous.

I got lucky as the sheets were the wrong size so returned for full refund. Do.Not.Buy!

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Polly Reed
Polly ReedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Abysmal product - find something else! (no stars!)

This is the WORST self-assembly product I hav ever bought! Terrible from start to finish - design/quality.instructions - and so costly too! We returned ours to Bunnings (dodged a bullet!)

Save yourself the time/effort/anxiety and buy something elsewhere. You'd be mad to buy this!

Purchased in January 2020 for $758.00.

Alison
AlisonDubbo

Bad design, wasted my money

Very happy!

I was a bit apprehensive about this wardrobe after reading negative reviews, however I am very happy with it. It looks great, is sturdy and sliding doors roll very smoothly. It was assembled by a qualified tradesman who knew his stuff so that probably helped. I couldn't be happier with this product.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $885.00.

Returned it

Daws don’t work, the mounting just falls out. One mirrored door was smashed, the other wasn’t a mirrored door (even though box said it was). Can’t get unit square so doors don’t close properly. Some of the mounting bolts snapped because they are so thin. But mostly it’s the draw mounting system, it quite simple doesn’t work. Should get recalled.
I got a full refund and Bunnings organised to pick up the wardrobe still assembled so i didn’t have to bother with it anymore.

Purchased in June 2019.

Peter
PeterNorth West, QLD

Good price, good quality.

Assembly was easy once you read through them all before starting. Number or letter stickers on the panels would make it easier. My doors didn't line up either but there are adjustment screws for this, instructions for this would also make it better for the home erector. Lay it down and build it, glue as you go is the way.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $700.00.

Sarah
SarahQueensland

Instructions.. the worst ive ever seen!!

Was in desperate need of a pantry so went with the single and all i can say is how disappointed i was with the instruction manual as all you see is holes and pictures.. no numbers nothing!! Just wish i had of read the reviews first and i wouldnt of bothered.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $99.00.

Jean
JeanNorth Queensland, QLD

Frustration

Purchased 3 door bedford wardrobe. Instructions were minimal and not adequate. wardrobe is not square so consequently doors do not close. There are gaps at either end. Extremely disappointed for in this product considering the amount of money outlaid..

Purchased in March 2019.

Bedford 2 door is terrible too

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Michelle R
Michelle RPerth, WA

Can't believe I paid money for this!

I bought the Bedford three door wardrobe from Bunnings. I thought it was a bit expensive for a flat pack, but I was in desperate need of the storage space as everything was being stored on the bed in the spare bedroom. I should have read the reviews first! There is a gap between the sliding doors, ie, when all doors are closed, you can see what is inside! There is nothing to stop dust, or small creatures from entering the wardrobe. The doors rattle and the entire thing feels flimsy. I am wondering why I paid almost $900 for this. I feel ripped off. So much for supporting Australian made. Shame on you Bunnings for selling such rubbish at such a high price and shame on you Bedford Furniture for letting down Australia!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Find out how Bedford 3 Door Wardrobe compares to other Wardrobes

OMG fingers crossed here we go....

Just bought home this from Bunnings opened up the instructions on how to assemble and ....(you call that instructions????) this is ridiculous, rang Bedford to see if anyone can help us with building this mess and was told "no sorry" WOW!!! and what's more, poor quality materials used. Bedford you really should listen to your customers cause one day you may not have any left. I just wish I had read reviews before we went out and bought this crap, waste of hard earned money and waste of time.... Live and Learn!!!

Josh
JoshNewcastle

Horrible product

The wardrobe build quality is terrible. Draw kits do not fit correctly, draws fall out of their runners because the spacing is wrong. The draws can barely be pulled out without hitting the door. Screw holes aren't countersunk, relies on flimsy dowels without glue for much of its construction.
I bought this because it was Australian made, thinking the build quality would be good. I was wrong. It's rubbish.

burnt hand
burnt handSouth East Queensland, QLD

Economical and easy to assemble

Surprised at the negative reviews so much so I intended to return the unit to Bunnings without opening it, However I decided to continue and, although 81 years of age, and working on a garage floor, found it easy to assemble, although it does need a little common sense. Bedford should advise customer to download comprehensive assembly instructions from their website and use the carton, split open, as a mat to work on. Purchased another two door wardrobe and a one door to finish off the garage. Assembled these also without a problem although the sliding plastic feet were missing from the smaller unit.

Jay N.
Jay N.asked

How do you assemble this unit ? there is no step to step guide

Jay N.
Jay N.asked

how to assemble a one door tall unit and a 3 door sliding wardrobe, please
instructions are very very vague

Dean
Deanasked

How do these draws go in these cupboard.. Instructions are crap and show nothing...

JGLS
JGLS

Ours didn't. We took them back and bought coloured wicker basket type things instead. Isn't it awful?! Complained to Bunnings and got our money back but they said they'd remove the whole damned thing from their operations. Mustn't have I guess. Disgusting product. Appalling.

bushmagpie
bushmagpie

Didn't have any problems with ours they fitted in the middle, there was a wide part on one side and nothing on the other. Just had to screw the runners onto the inner of each upright panel although screws were very minimal and doesn't seem to be secured well enough Seemed like they should have been central but no they aren't Rang Bedford in Sth Australia to check and was told that they weren't central. Facing into the wardrobe the left runner sits flush onto the board but the right one is spaced out with the circular piece of plastic that's supplied.Had numerous other problems and wouldn't buy them again.

Frank 3
Frank 3

trial and error. Once the runners seemed to be in the right spot everything else worked, not perfectly.
if you are still having problems return everything back to Bunnings (I am guessing that's where you bought them) and buy something else. I will never buy anything from Bedford again.