Beer Wine Spirits

Beer Wine Spirits (page 2 of 4)

Online store, Physical store

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (62)

CHRISTOPHER

CHRISTOPHERMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointing lack of service

I've used BWS order online and pickup in store several times, and it's fine when the goods are in stock. However, a simple request for one bottle of Baileys proved too hard and although it was ordered and acknowledged 8 days ago, I haven't heard a word from them. It still shows "we're on it" but they're not on it to well! Why bother having the facility if it's not done properly?

Fred

FredSydney, NSW

Rip off

Exactly the same bottle of gin is $10 more expensive at BWS than Dan Murphy's - Even though they are owned by the same company - Woolworths.

So what's the point of going to BWS?

Store LocationMarrickville Metro
Shaxpier

ShaxpierSydney, NSW

Solid Offering

If I ever feel a drink is in order this has become my usual go-to store. The app functions great as does the browser-based ordering. One competitor at least should take a lesson from the App this place has.
Click and collect is always ready very fast, and the staff efficient and polite.

Delivery is offered and it works and reasonable I guess but no longer "free" for orders $100+, which was fantastic whilst lasted.

I now usually just click n collect as so local.

Their offers are often extremely tempting I find. Nothing against using others and sometimes do...
My experience. My couple of local BWS outlets.

elle49

elle49perth

No communication Delivery a joke

order placed and was supposed to be delivered at 3.35 Time on yellow courier app kept changing so called the 1300 number and was told that they would get a driver asap. 2 minutes later the order is cancelled so called the Mindarie store and they said they would assign another driver . Had the same issue again with the app telling me the order was just seconds away for another hour. Called yello they said they were told the order had been cancelled over 2 hours before but would reassign another driver. !0 mins later order is once again cancelled. Had enough at about 6 pm and drove up and collected order. Not one person had the common decency to let me know what had happened and why. Very very poor customer service.

Unhappy

UnhappySouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible staff!!!

Staff never ask for rewards card & never give receipts!!! Then when you say something about this to them they say i was just about to ask you for your rewards card, which is a lie! Once I walked out the door she started talking about me behind my back!!! How RUDE!!!

Store LocationMermaid Waters, Waterways Shopping Centre
KMac

KMac

Very personalized service

Store LocationBWS @ Westfield Helensvale
Mike P.

Mike P.

You Need A Rewards Card or you get slugged 24.4% Extra - What A SCAM!!!

Carton of beer $41 with a rewards card - $51 dollars without one, all because you don't want to give Woolworths your personal and shopping information.
It reeks of DISCRIMINATION
Guess I'll reward BWS with not showing up to their crappy stores.

Keith

KeithGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible.

Ordered beer and wine online. Asked for cold beer. Delivered wine only. Driver took off before I could get him. 15 minutes of phone calls. Another 30 minutes only to deliver warm beer. 2 things they had to get right. Only 2. Won’t be back.

smilingjack

smilingjack

The most expensive store. Avoid at all costs.

They are constantly 10-25% more expensive than other outlets. Do your homework and check online first. Just lazily bought a bottle of Cointreau. $64. $50 everywhere else.
Shop around. Avoid BWS

Store LocationStirling SA 5152

Very poor service

5 orders never delivered but money taken and takes 10 days to get a refund. Rude staff when call for a solution. Aggressive and you are made to feel like an inconvenience.

clubped

clubpedSouth East Queensland, QLD

On time - Every Time!

Given the number of negative reviews I am seeing there must be good & bad delivery areas. We are in Kallangur and have never had an issue with any of our orders. The orders are packed & dispatched usually within the hour - or worst case a couple of hours. The Sherpa delivery guys are simply outstanding. We get a txt message when they are leaving & another txt message when the order if dropped at the door. Most of the delivery guys stand well back & hang around until you come to the door. An outstanding service.

SUSAN

SUSANGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Exemplary customer service by Teressa, manager at Redland Bay Qld store

Wanted to buy and have delivered Wine for a friends birthday.
I live in Melbourne and my friend lives in Redland Bay so I could not pick it up myself and with the current Lockdown with Covid 19 I could not go to see her. Teressa offered to delivery it for me if I put my order in online. This I did and she could not have been more helpful. Could not have asked for more. THANKS

Store LocationREDLAND BAY Tenancy 26 - 58 build 6 Redland Bay SC BRoadwater Tce, Redland Bay Qld
Andrew

AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Useless

Terrible customer service, IF the driver turns up after waiting 3 hours then you might be greeted with a lengthy walk down the street cause the idiots don't know basic English to read a street sign. 10/10 makes me want to headbutt a knife.

Exemplary customer service, Thank You Jason and BWS Eastland Melbourne

On unpacking my wine into my car a bottle broke. What a mess. I went back to the store with the red wine leaking onto the car park floor via my trolley (Cleaners, I am sorry). I asked Jason to suggest a way to clean up, he replaced my wine without me even asking. Thank you Jason for your understanding and outstanding customer service - and to BWS for the good will in replacing my wine. I certainly will recount the story to my friends.
Cheers
Angela

Store LocationBWS Eastland Melbourne

Atrocious online and useless App

With COVID I tried to order 1 bottle of our friends favourite spirit to be delivered for his 50th birthday as we cannot be together to celebrate. The online (after all setup rigmarole) went ALL the way to the end taking my cc details then 404 not found. Rang they store, they said try the app instead. Would not let me use password so create ANOTHER account, all the way to the end of the order and a message pops up that the particular item - they won't deliver. Find new IT dudes who understand user interface.

Chrissi

ChrissiPerth, WA

ONLINE DELIVERY A JOKE

Staff lack the ability to make a decision

My partner ordered wine online and asked me to fetch it. She send me a string of messages about it attached her photo ID. I showed this to the store along my drivers license which showed our matching address. Unfortunately they said that because I'm not her I can't pick it up. Is it too much to empower a store manager to look at the balance of evidence and probabilities and make a decision? Poor service.

Nothing works.

I've tried to order some wine online.
The website would not allow me to - they don't deliver to the central coast (!!!).
I can't select pick up because god knows why. (screen is gray)
called support - they see a completely different website, so we can't work out anything (they just say "it works for me"). Huzzah.
So all in all a non-working website and a non-working support.

Then they send me a link to a survey, which I did not ask for - and said link does not work either (blank page) !!! And of course there is no way to reply to the sms to get my number removed.

Privacy nightmare.

I'm back to Danmurphys, thanks, this is just bloody awful.

Eddie K

Eddie KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Their 100 days of summer promotion does not work for free items.

I got a free bottle of bluey beer but when I go to redeem it. It doesn't work, When I called their customer service, they said they couldn't do anything about it and just asked me call after a week.

Shani

ShaniHobart, TAS

Took my money no product, no help from calling either.

Don't waste your time. Go anywhere else. Online ordering is inferior to anywhere else. Even when calling the help centre i was told to wait a few business days and see. Incredibly unprofessional.