Beer Wine Spirits

Beer Wine Spirits (page 6 of 6)

Online store, Physical store

1.9

Whitey

WhiteyUlverstone

Nil help

Rang Devonport bws to place an order because portal would not work on my I pad. Employee put Manager on to take the call. He showed no interest in taking my 30 carton order and told me to order via the portal. Going to my main computer I finally successfully placed the order 1.5 hours later. I had told the manager I did not want chilled beer and indicated that on the portal. On picking up my wife and daughter were told the cold beer would be OK when it warms up and then rechilled. Anyone in the liquor knows this not to be true. He also was rude in his attitude to them.

Outstanding customer service

Absolutely outstanding customer service, our cashier Bailen was very polite and friendly and he directed us to exactly what we wanted. It made the whole experience a lot more enjoyable and we will definitely be returning in the future as it was a delight to have such wonderful staff serving us.

snakeman

tun beer is no longer from usa

after drinking TUN beer(USA PRODUCT) from woolies for a few years,and found it quite a decent drink for low price,yesterday i picked up a slab (note slab )used to be in a pack with handle.Only to find when i got it home that this beer is now brewed in BELGIUM and in smaller cans,Same price, inferior product,same labelling,LESS content.yet another WOOLWORTHS ploy to ri[p off its customers.looking elsewhere for another suitable product. thumbs down BWS and woolies.

snakeman

further comments on this NEW TUN would be appreciated,this is just not on woolies

NJ G

NJ G

Overpriced and No price matching

A BWS opened near my house and I wanted to buy the same beer that I bought from First Choice (5mins away). So I went to BWS and asked them to price match to First Choice and they said they cant do that.
First Choice - $15
BWS - $20.50
So I walked out and went to First Choice. Dont waste your time with BWS. Save you money and go to Dan Murphys or First Choice.

Krys

KrysGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good service

Had a good variety of drinks to choose from at a good price. Should specify which ID's are suitable at the front; just to avoid confusion- wouldn't accept interstate ID card. Luckily had my passport

Del

DelMeridan plains

Upstart

BWS Meridan Plains. Was looking for low carb beer. Had my daughter with me. She pointed to a drink that said sugar free and if alcohol was sugar free. Next thing a little upstart wanted her ID, accused me of buying alcohol for her because she pointed?? Never will I go there and I'll be letting all my hardworking business owner friends to not go there!

BWS won't price match

I was on my way to Dan Murphy to purchase 6 bottles of champagne but went to A BWS in point cook to see if they stocked it they did but it was $5.00 dearer so I asked if they priced matched and was told no so I drove to Dan Murphy and purchased 6 which ment I only payed for 4 in comparison to buying from BWS so in future don't wast time just go to Dans

Thomas25

Thomas25Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Liquorland is better

Not a fan of bws at all.
Service hasn't been the best and it is a little too pricey.
Rather continue shopping at my local Liquorland store where the staff are friendly and they have a good variety of products and great deals.

Frankie101

Frankie101

Great service, competitive special prices and great products!

Have really enjoyed visiting my local BWS. Service and products are very good. Also have great specials!
Staff are well trained and most have lots of experience about the products!

Tom B.

Tom B.Launceston

New store. Convenient & great service.

The previous liquor store in Ravenswood Tas had been closed for several years. BWS opened up a new store about 12 months ago. The store is conveniently located. The staff are always very friendly & helpful. The range of product is good for the size of the store. The prices are good but not great, although you can always find a good special or multibuy.

W.F.

W.F.

BWS (WA) Bullcreek won't honour their advertised price ??

I went there to purchase a multibuy special (2 x crown lager) which was advertised on Boozle at several of their stores.The manager told me this was not the case and Boozle couldn't be trusted. Surely Boozle get their prices and dates from someone. They don't just dream them up!
This isn't the first time it's happened, but it is the last time I'll ever shop there.
WF

Pedla

PedlaTasmania

I used to shop here, but now...

Denny16

Denny16Western Australia, 6011

City discounted prices in a country store

BWS opened a brand new shop in Manjimup, WA, about 12 months ago. That store has had a very good effect on liquor prices in my small town because it offers city discounted prices. That forced the other liquor stores to lower their prices which is excellent for the customers. Customer service is very good. The only downside is that most discounted wines tend to be wines from other states, only sometimes that a local wine is discounted. Overall, I recommend this BWS.

notcold1

notcold1AU

ok store

BWS is an ok store if you are desperate for something but in my opinion they are very overpriced there specials are never that good and the stores are small with a limited range of stock. The staff don't seem happy to be there and the shop is always quite with very few people in the store. The only plus side is that when you shop there if you are a member of the Woolworth's everyday rewards then you can earn points for your purchases but in my opinion due to the products being overpriced you don't actually gain anything at all.

J_xo

J_xoVIC

Bad

I will go here cause I get sucked in by the everyday rewards program (and unfortunately you cannot use the card at Dan Murphy's even though they are owned by woolworths!). But the prices aren't that great. And the dissapointing part is that my local store is almost an hour away. So it's not really convienient for me anyways! I live in a large regional town, yet we still don't have one, but manage to have a Dan Murphy's. However there specials are good. But overall not cheap
You can use your everyday rewards card
Overpriced.

harmonysweetpea

harmonysweetpea

OK

BWS tends to be where we go only when we want to pick up a quick item on the way to a function or party. They are not as cheap so we would not shop their for bulk purchases with the exception of the wine sales they sometimes have.
BWS are conveniently located in many shopping centres or smaller shop complexes, making them easily accessible. They have some good sales, including regular 30% off 6 bottles of wine. They have a reasonable variety of alchol, including some gift items in special packaging.
They can be a lot more expensive than some of the bigger stores and often have much less variety compared to somewhere like Choice or Dan Murphy's due to their smaller store sizes. The stores are quite cluttered too.

gremlin88

gremlin88

Bad

If pricing was more reasonable and competitive I'd be more inclined to shop here but otherwise I'd be giving it a big miss.
Often in handy locations like the station near my place. Staff are usually friendly which is important but that's really about all sadly.
I really haven't enjoyed any BWS I've visited. Their selection is very small as an understatement and very pricy. Every time I've bought a bottle of wine or beer from here its always a few dollars more. They even tried to charge me $5 for ice which is ridiculous. I'm not a big spirit drinker so maybe they're better with those things.

twink118

twink118Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

OK

Even though i find them a little to pricey for my budget you do often find some nice gifts in there for example i found a lovely boxed set of beers for every state in australia for a very reasonable price and you cant get it in any other bottle shop. Things like this make nice presents for beer drinkers. I tend to shop here when they have good promotions on but other then that i dont really bother with them that much.
They have some quirky items that you wouldn't normally find in other bottle shops. There are a lot of these shops around.
I find them a little to pricey for my budget.

ajenkins89

ajenkins89

Good

This is your one stop shop for all your liquor needs. They constantly have great deals on all varieties. On a few occassions when i have enquired about certain wines staff have not had a great knowledge of stock
A huge range of liquors at great prices
Staff do not have a great knowledge of wines