Online store, Physical store
See the Best Wine & Liquor Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Beer Wine Spirits? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Don’t use BWS

Don’t order from them. Got charged and I tracked the delivery, which was late until I got a notice that it wouldn’t be delivered. Still awaiting refund.

Terry W.
Terry W.North Queensland, QLD

Security check

In the multiple times I’ve ordered BWS pickup online, I’ve never had the message saying “ Heads up, your order has been randomly selected for a security check & may be delayed. You will receive a text message shortly when your order is ready.”

It wasn’t ready at all tonight, went to the shop and the guy said it happens sometimes and showed me the screen for it saying security check for me and somebody else so the other lad and I will be missing out on drinks tonight it seems because the stores now shut since I haven’t got this security check back yet. What a waste of time, what security checks do you need to do and how does it take over an hour?

Julie
JulieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Shocking!!

I ordered on a Wednesday for delivery between 12-2 on a Thursday. Friday afternoon at 12 I'm still waiting for wine for my 3pm function. Took me ages to find a number to then go through 3 people to get an answer and apparently my order had been cancelled, though paid for!! Really Dan Murphy's / BWS one star is WAYYYYY too much. Awful Awful service!!!

store was closed during the stated operating hours

why was the store the closed I purchased my products somewhere else I will not go to this store again

Store Locationmount druiit

Shane K.
Shane K.Sydney, NSW

Delivery service that doesn't deliver

Given the delivery online order a few goes majority of the time it's 3 hours or more late. Have had a couple of times it wasn't delivered at all. Horrible service for such a big company run by Woolworths.

Bob Y.
Bob Y.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Order cancelled

Cancelled my order in 10 minutes and I called their customer service, was told there was an issue with my card and my billing address, which is not the same with the one on the card??????

Hopeless

My wife was gifted a bottle of champagne. We happened to be out when they tried to deliver. No note, no communication. Had to phone several times to rearrange a delivery, that then didn't come. The spent an hour on hold trying to talk to someone at BWS online, and arranged to pick up from the local store, who were perfunctual in their service (and substituted the gift wrapping for a brown paper bag). How can they make something so simple so bad!

A Spade
A SpadeSydney

Pathetic service

troyshaun
troyshaun

Awful, absolutely the worst.

- 7 days to respond to a query.
- Individual stroes can't ammend orders.
- Horrible phone wait times.
- Website has several UI failures that screw your order.

Tony
TonyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Have not had an issue yet.

It's not often that I write reviews but after seeing all the negative I thought I should post my positive.

I have ordered slabs of beer 3 times from the Wyndham Vale store.

The first time it was delivered in an unbelievable 25 minutes. Second was about 45 minutes and the third (tonight) a little over an hour. Very busy apparently and I even got an apology from the nice driver, though one hour did not bother me.

For them to get my beer ready, which was cold, order a driver and have it delivered for 10 bucks, I'm not going to complain about that.

I hope it continues like this.

Anna
AnnaBelconnen 2617, ACT

Terrible delivery service

Never order from BWS!!!!
First time I ordered it never showed up. After 12months I gave them another go (from a different store too) and they delivered the incorrect items.
Terrible customer service, never answer the 1300 number and take 7 days to return any online inquires

Robyn and Brett
Robyn and BrettMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

App doesn't work.

App didn't work. It wouldn't process my payment. Gave up after trying 5 times. Told by local store they've been having ongoing problems with the App. Store service is always good. By the looks of other reviews the delivery service is unreliable anyway. I won't be using this service.

Andrew P.
Andrew P.Sydney, NSW

Delivery scam

Woeful

Ordered a delivery 4 days in advance. 1 bottle of spirits. Did not come. Phoned the local store who were apologetic and tried to follow up. Called me 3 hours later and said the delivery simply was never picked up by the online part of the business.

Don’t blame lockdown for this. Have been in lockdown for a couple of months so you should have a handle on your business. Don’t take orders- if you can’t deliver. I could understand late delivery/no show if I had orders day if delivery. But I ordered 4 days earlier. Tried to call- on hold for 40 minutes then gave up. Woeful.

Rob K
Rob KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Two bad deliveries. Woeful customer service.