Beko BDP700W Heat Pump Dryer

Beko BDP700W Heat Pump Dryer

MPN: BDP700W
See the Best Heat Pump Clothes Dryers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Beko

4.3

Cheap, not cheerful

It dries clothes okay when separated by fabric type, but the lint filter lets the machine down. You just about need to clean the heat pump filter as frequently as the main lint filter; as lint gets down the side of the main filter. It also still produces a bit of moisure, and you'll find moisture built up inside the heat pump filter area - which isn't great at all.
It's fairly noisy, so if it is going to be in a place you can hear it, make sure you compare decibel ratings with other options, especially when running for a couple of hours.
I would say only okay on gentleness on clothes.

Purchased in June 2020 at 100%.

beverley w.
beverley w.asked

hi everyone, i hope this question can be answered, my dryer has no heat to dry the clothes.
is there a reset switch my electrician can reset for me? Model # BDP700W

Reyhan
Reyhanasked

Hi I am looking at buying a new dryer. Reading reviews but just confused about what a water catchment is? None of the dryers I've ever used had this.. just a fluff collector..,,?

P HatS
P HatS

Hi Reyhan,
there are different types of driers now. The kind you're used to are probably "Vented driers" that heat hot air through the tumble chamber and then expel moist hot air out a big wide pipe. They work well and are cheaper than other kinds, but use a lot of electricity. They might also be a bit faster at drying (i can't say for sure), but the amount of heat can mean harder wear for the clothes.

More recently there are two newer kinds of driers as well: "Condenser" driers and "Heat Pump Condenser" driers. Instead of blowing hot air at the clothes, these use a condenser (quite a lot like how a dehumidifier works) to suck the moisture from the air in the tumble chamber, and then dispose of that water (either into a removable container that needs to be emptied every few cycles, or out through a waste hose like a washing machine).
These also have filters which need to be emptied/cleaned as well.
While there are notable, electricity savings, these driers are more expensive to buy to begin with. They also make sense where (for example) you live in a highrise apartment, or are renting a place, then they might be desirable because now you don't have to figure out how to install a vent for your drier.

So the short version is: "Vented driers" expel moist hot air through a big pipe, while "Condenser" and "Heat Pump Condenser" driers expel extracted water either into a removable container that needs to be emptied, or instead put out water through a waste hose.
Hope this helps!

RitaN
RitaNasked

I have an 8kg beko heat pump dryer that I loved using all winter and never let me down. I have always emptied out the water catchment and cleaned out all the fluff and brushed out the condenser down the bottom and dried out any moisture. As the weather started to get warmer I started hanging my clothes outside. This weekend I decided to thrown a load in the dryer and it stunk of mould! I still left my load in there and thought it would disappear- was I wrong! It’s ruined my load of clothes and need to soak everything to try get the smell out. How do I now get the smell out of the dryer? I have cleaned it again, left the water catchment out left the door open and put a moisture absorber in there. Please help!

See all Beko BDP700W Heat Pump Dryer questions

Get an answer from our members and Beko representatives

CategoryHeat Pump Clothes Dryers