Beko DFN16420

Great value for money.

Only issue i have so far is with long stem wine glasses. Even when the adjustable holder is set low (top rack) the base of the glasses hit the top of dishwasher. The top rack needs to lowered 20mm.

Purchased in February 2019 for $600.00.

Great value

This dishwasher was so much cheaper than competitors offers and came with the best warranty. I could not justify spending more money on a brand name and I am glad I didn't. It's been fantastic

Purchased in September 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $549.00.

Internal Layout

Fantastic value for money!

Love the amount of wash selections you have on the dishwasher. It’s super easy to use and clean! Mostly I scrape and wash food of the dishes but if I’m putting the load through that day I don’t and still comes out very clean. Everything dries after the wash except plastic.

Purchased in May 2018 at Begents for $350.00.

Wonderful

This dishwasher is a great machine that saves a lot of time and money for everyone. It has great features like super rinse, half load (for less than a full load of dishes) and 6 settings to make life easier. I use this every day and I highly recommend this to everyone. This device has no problems whatsoever and the only part I don't like about it is cleaning the filter but that is part of the dishwasher experience not a problem.

Satisfied 2nd purchaser

This is our second Beko dishwasher. The first we bought while selling our old house as it was the cheapest dishwasher available. We ended up not selling and had perfect use for over 3 years before we eventually sold.
In our new house we straight away ordered a new Beko dishwasher and again went for the basic model as our last basic model was so good.
We have had 4 dishwashers in total and before we had Beko, I thought having to dry the dishes with a tea towel was normal. Not with the Beko. Once you learn how to stack the dishwasher you need very little manual dish drying. It washes well and is very quiet.
All in all, very satisfied and would recommend this model.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Terrible Service Dead on Arrival

Not satisfied with the service or the product. Purchased from Jb Hifi for my new house while on sale and kept in garage for about a month until flooring is completed at my new house. When plugged in no light came on. Contacted beko they said its out of replacement period of 7 days so you have to get it repaired that dishwasher did not even powered on single time. Contacted there service team and its been 2 weeks waiting for the replacement parts to be delivered by beko so their service company can replace them but still no parts seems to be coming. They are just playing the blame game now There service partner Woolley appliances in Melbourne says Beko has not delivered parts and Beko is just contact our service partner as we only have repair warranty not replacement.

Be aware of this Company will never buy anything made by Beko.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Top machine with a small price tag

Have recently replaced my Haier dishwasher with the Beko DFN16420 and can't be happier. For the price paid it is an excellent machine and on the P4 programme the dishes are done to perfection in the hour. The plastic sections inside are a little on the light side but overall I feel the machine is value for money. It was the 5 year warranty and the excellent service I receive from Beko after my washing machine failed that moved me to go Beko again. Although the washing machine was out of warranty they still replaced the parts at no charge or call out fees. My Beko dishwasher does a top job, is super quiet and quick.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Much better than my previous Westinghouse

The Beko is a bit of a runt in the local whiteware landscape. Rates well in UK so I took the $579 risk and so far it's really good. Great optins in cycles and it helped that it offered an extended 5-year warranty (but I doubt any dishwasher under $2k will last more than 5 years) My last Westinghouse (Choice approved model BTW) had so many callouts, I vowed no more Electrolux products.

Real value for money

Mine is a family of 5 members and my wife loves cooking and tries all different cuisines. We use a lot of dishes and cutlery everyday as we usually try to eat healthy and try to avoid eating from outside.

We have been using Beko dish washer for just about 3 weeks. We were using Fisher and Paykel double drawer dishwasher, which was a nightmare. We had to repair it 3 times in just under a year and spent more than $545 which I paid to buy the Beko dishwasher. I wish I should have bought the Beko dishwasher when the Fisher and Paykel dishwasher which was just about 5 years old, broken down as soon as we moved to the current house last November.

We were planning to buy a German made Bosch dishwasher which costs about $1300 with only 2 years factory warranty and add extra 3-4 year warranty for about $200. So the cost would have been roughly around $1500. I went to JBHifi with wife and asked for German made Bosch dishwasher as we had done all our research and and decided to buy it. The lovely senior lady staff member showed us the various models of Bosch, Electrolux, Miele, Asko etc.

My wife just casually asked the staff which model does she use. She said she use Beko and she is very happy with it. Also said it comes with 5 year factory warranty. That really rang the bell in my mind. I quickly checked the reviews on my mobile while they were chatting and was astonished to see the great reviews for this product. We just thought why not we try Beko for nearly one third of the price we were planning to spend and will get 5 years factory warranty. So we decided to buy it and we are so happy so far.

It even cleans very dry and sticky dishes we use to bake, make curries and dry fries with lots of marination. We don't normally rinse or scrape dishes before loading unless it is burnt or too hard to be cleaned by dishwasher.

It has 6 different wash programs and we usually use Programme 3 which use 65°C hot water. It takes only an hour to get cleaned and dried. It has a quick 30 minute programme too which is good for washing dishes which are comparatively less dirty. We use the Platinum dishwasher tablet from Aldi and it does the job well as it used to be with the previous Fisher and Paykel dishwasher.

When compared to the double drawer Fisher and Paykel dishwasher, it uses only half the amount of water, electricity, soap tablets and time to wash same amount of load. We had to use the 124 minutes programme on the Fisher and Paykel dishwasher to get a same quality cleaning which Beko does in 60 minutes.

Pros:
The build quality seems to be good. The shelves and rails are sturdy and well supported.
The bottom shelf has foldable racks which is handy for bigger vessels.
Sliding and removable cutlery basket is very handy and helps maximum utilisation of space.
Five years factory warranty gives peace of mind.
Value for money.

Cons:
The rails get a bit tight to move when the upper shelf is pushed inside.
The drying could be better as there may be water drops on the dishes occasionally.
The control panel could be a bit more soft touch to operate.
No child lock facility
No remaining time display

Even if there are some cons, they are negligible and a matter of getting used to it. I would strongly recommend this product based on my experience so far.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

I am shocked.... in a good way

We are amazed, almost shocked, by this machine. I cannot remember when we EVER thought -" wow, how clean are these dishes!" in the past with other well known brands. Consistently performs well. We can only hope it lasts, but hey, for under $500 it is the steal of the century as far as dishwashers go!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Best Dishwasher money can buy

Why pay top dollar for a top of the range dishwasher if Beko can do it for you at a fraction of the price. This is the 3-4th time we are buying a dishwasher for different reasons mainly the last one Electrolux had a bad door insulation after 7 years of service and had to retire.
This dishwasher is so quite so efficient and so easy to use all you need to do open the door add the soap and of course the rinse aid ..... look at the door and all the 6 main programs are there all you need to do is push the On switch and then the "P" button to choose the button then the "Start" button and viola all is done.
Good luck with a very efficient, quite excellent dishwasher

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Great reliable dish washer

After reading the reviews from this website I decided to spend the $480 on this model.
We installed it, turned it on and it cleaned the dishes to our satisfaction. There is enough space to fit your large dinner plates on the bottom level.
There is an option on how intense you want the temperature of the cleaning water to get for those dirty dishes.
Very user friendly.
Comes with a delayed timer for holdholds who have a electrical off peak smart meter.
Very happy and comes with a 5 year warranty!!!
Salesman even recommend this brand/model.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Does a decent job, great value for money

Had a few issues with it when I purchased it, manufacturing fault with a pipe in the underside of the machine. Called Beko support who arranged a service person to attend my home and inspect it that same week. Found and fixed the problem and now works very well! Other than that, the buttons feel a little cheap and can confusing to operate without the manual handy. But otherwise good value for money machine.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Nice basic dishwasher

I am doing this review a few weeks in from buying the Beko dishwasher. I'll post another review down the track if my opinion changes.

The big selling point for me was the 5 year factory warranty. With salespeople telling us you can really only expect 5-7 years lifespan of any dishwasher these days, a product that comes with a 5 year factory warranty immediately saves you money from the other brands where to get the same amount of coverage, you would have to buy an extended warranty, at extra cost. At the time of writing this, to obtain the Beko 5 year warranty you had to register the product online.

The best piece of advice I would give would be to download the manuals of any dishwashers you are planning to buy. You may find some interesting facts that the salesperson wasn't aware of or didn't disclose. For example, this dishwasher comes with a half load function which sounds very handy - but the half load doesn't work on all settings. The manual for this model also gives you durations of wash, and water and power usage for each setting - very helpful. Some of these settings seem to be quite lengthy compared to our old Dishlex.

Wash quality seems to be good, although we rarely put items into the dishwasher that have gunge caked onto them. Drying quality could be better. Our old Dishlex (which survived for 10 years) did a far better drying job. Oh, and back to the manual....it explains what each preset includes (ie rinse, wash, dry etc). Unfortunately, the shortest setting contains no drying cycle at all (our old Dishlex's shortest setting did have a good dry cycle on the shortest setting).

Handy features in this dishwasher: Cutlery basket that you can slide across to suit where you want it to go.
Minor annoyance: No timer display countdown

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Best I ever had!

the dishwasher exceed my expectations! Great features, many programs to choose from to suit your need. Number of extra features, additional racks, bottle holders etc to make he use of machine even easier!!!! Easy to install and use. Good value for money, was quite surprised that is such a good quality.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Good simple dishwasher that does the job

Low price is what I wanted in a SS machine
Cleans well using recommended tablets
Dries well
Only slight noise when pumping out
as good as a blanco
timer count down would be helpful
no salt required
no frill dish washer that just washes dishes well.
5 year warranty too

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Cheap and Reliable

Nice design for a cheaper unit.
Does what job it needs to do.
Standard functions for this type of unit.
Only issue i have had with unit is that it has a display why could it display the time left on the cycle?
The cycle options are great with a nice short quick one for rinsed items.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Value for money

On a general size load it cleans well, dishes come out dry. On heavy loads some cutlery is not cleaned.
My mother suggested this brand as she is now onto her second after 7 years and believes it’s as good as the premium brands.
Value for money this is great having come from a premium brand this has impressed me

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Cheap and works

This dishwasher is quiet. This dishwasher cleans really well. Has adjustable top shelf and fold down arms top and bottom . Has a removable s cutlery basket.
Same size as my old dishwasher but can't fit same things in top shelf. Then if i lower basket can't fit dinner plates on bottom.
Time fir cycles is very off, fast wash was still going at 58 minutes so i cancelled cycle. Same with next minute wash still going a good half hour after it was supposed to be finished.
But does wash well and drain!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

great dishwasher pretty quiet

It clean the dishes really well so far though on eco wash they were really wet there was lots of room for full sized dinner plates. Its pretty quiet when it come to noise. I like the options for types of washes. It has more features than our previous dishwasher. For the price im super happy so far it was so cheap almost the thrid the price of a miele

Date PurchasedSep 2017