Bellamy's Organic Step 1 Infant Formula

Bellamy's Organic Step 1 Infant Formula

4.1

• Breastfed Child Yes (37%) · No (63%)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (97%) · No (3%)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (31%) · No (69%)
Tayla

TaylaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best formula for our bub’s sensitive tummy!

After going through 5+ different formulas, Bellamys has been a winner! Our little one had everything from constipation, diarrhea and weight loss with other brands. We were almost at our wits end when our GP suggested Bellamys. Now bub has minimal reflux, easily passes stools and is more alert during the day.

Purchased in September 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$29.49.

A.toth

A.tothGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent - highly recommended

My baby was prem (35w) so we were looking fark a “lighter” feel formula due to a weaker digestive system.
Couldn’t recommend this formula highly enough.
Cause no reflux. No constipation.

Purchased in November 2019 for A$30.00.

Bellamy's OrganicBellamy's Organic

Dear A.toth, thank you for taking the time to place your review. We are delighted to hear your little one is doing so well.

Mac

MacPerth, WA

Life changing.

Purchased for A$30.00.

Baby Formulas

Find out how Bellamy's Organic Step 1 Infant Formula compares to other Baby Formulas

Adam Matt

Adam Matt

Poor quality, consitpation, gas and colic after switching to this brand

I been told that its a good brand, had to switch to it from other one than been recommended by the hospital, since I switch to this one stage 1, 2 weeks now,and my baby suffers from , gas, colic and constipation, my doctor asked me immediately to stop it and switch back. Never again bellamys

He Y.

He Y.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Pretty good baby formula if your child likes

My son was pretty picky on baby formulas, he could have various reactions (eg. diarrhea) after drinking the formulas he did not like, so it was difficult to choose a brand that had less side effects on him. Bellaym's organic baby formula was the one he enjoyed drinking for about half year, he did not have any side effects after drinking it, so it was a relief for us. This formula is as easy to prepare as other baby formula.

Purchased in December 2018.

Dear He Y.
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are very happy to hear you were able to find a product that suited your son.

Shanice

Shanice

Good formula

We went from breast feeding to the Bellamy's Organic and never had any concern. Bub took to it straight away with no issues! I really like the fact that it is certified organic

Purchased in January 2020 at Coles for A$30.00.

Bellamy's OrganicBellamy's Organic

Dear Shanice, thank you for your kind words and taking the time to place your review especially when being the mum of a young bub!

Ayda95

Ayda95

Life Saver .... My daughters favourite.

Could have not trusted other brands as much as I trust this one ! used it since my daughter was born as I was not able to breast feed .... she still enjoys drinking it ! She is 11 months now. The team is absolutely fantastic and helpful I had called to see what I can do as my daughter was vomiting a lot after we moved on to can 2 they explained to me the reasons why and it’s ok for me to use number one till 12 months. We purchase their others products aswell and never had a issue.
I did try other brands of formula but my little one did not accept.
It’s also easy to prepare and you can reheat it which is awesome because that’s rare to find with formulas

Purchased in August 2019 at Coles for A$30.00.

Bellamy's OrganicBellamy's Organic

Dear Ayda, thank you for taking the time to place your review. We appreciate your kind words and delighted to hear your daughter is happy.
Jacqui

It not good ,totally dissatisfied

I tried this milk to reduce gas problem in baby but results in even more gas, NAN comfort is heaps better than this,,,,my family is strongly disappointed by its results

Purchased in June 2020 at Coles for A$31.00.

k d.

k d.Sydney, NSW

She loves the taste

My daughter was so picky with formula but she loved the taste as soon as we switched to this one. We have kept her on this one after 6 months as she got too constipated on the stage two. She’s more than happy on this one though.

Purchased in March 2020 for A$30.00.

Christina

ChristinaIllawarra, NSW

Worked great for colic!!

Switched from Nan Comfort to Bellamys Organic due to colic and constipation and there was an obvious difference within 24 hours!! Bellamys is more expensive but worth the money for our family.
Bellamys isn’t as smelly as other formula mixes and can be kept refrigerated and used within 24 hours if bub doesn’t drink it first go.
I’ve found it’s best to mix the formula with a knife or spoon in the bottle rather than shaking the bottle as it reduces the air bubbles in turn helping relieve gas.

Purchased in April 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$29.98.

Bellamy's OrganicBellamy's Organic

We are glad you and your little one are enjoying Bellamy's!

Nathanial Stengewis

Nathanial StengewisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Was good but now Chinese sell outs

This formula was good for our baby although it didn't help her constipation much. But at $32 a tin and now Chinese owned I wouldnt touch it ever again. There are better more budget friendly brands out there.

Purchased in November 2019 at Woolworths for A$32.00.

ImmeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awful. Organic and full of GOS and nasties

makes your kid not poo for ages. Gas never ends. Go for NAN comfort if breastfeeding
Try breastfeeding (yes it's hard at first ) but they will sleep better with melatonin and no sore tummy

Purchased in October 2019 at Woolworths for A$38.00.

Imme

Im referring to the Bellamy's rep comment on this site stating "GOS is added to regulate stool frequency in newborns" in previous comments 2018 on this site. That causes newborns great discomfort and seems really unhealthy.

Fear F.

Fear F.South East Queensland, QLD

Baby loves it

Baby is bright and energetic , thanks Bellamy.it is organic which gives us assurance it is the best for our baby.She is older now but still loves it so she still gets a bottle of it.

Purchased in January 2019 at Woolworths for A$30.00.

Bellamy's OrganicBellamy's Organic

Thanks for the positive feedback! We are glad to hear your little one enjoys Bellamy's Organic!

Haji

HajiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best formula milk for your loved one

Tried it first time for our new addition. He really loves it. There is no colic issue. Another benefit is that it doesn't sticks to the feeders and cleaning them is very easy.

Purchased in December 2019 at Coles for A$30.00.

Jamie

Jamie

Chinese owned no more Australian

Other than ongoing supply issues, how can we trust Bellamy's anymore since they sold out to the Chinese. I spoke to a friend who is Chinese and he told me that even Chinese people won't trust Bellamy's after teh takeover by China. There was some signifncant share price manipulation before the take over which needs to be investigated.
Even Chinese people don't trust their chinese company that is why demand is growing towards A2 and other australian brands. Real shame Bellamy sold out their soul to China. China dairy companies are known for manipulating their products for the sake of profits. I will never trust Bellamy's anymore what a shame making the switch to Aussie or Swiss brands if you care for your baby

Purchased in January 2019 for A$35.00.

Easy to PrepareNo

Swas

SwasGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I would not recommend anyone this formula

For 2 days my baby struggle to open his bowl smell really bad. I feed him only twice and struggle for 2 days bad for new born babies not good.

Purchased in December 2019 at Alliance Pharmancy for A$39.00.

Neil B

Neil BSydney, NSW

Unsafe

Rabia Z

Rabia ZMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent formula

Purchased in May 2019 at Chemist Australia for A$29.49.

Suhail Anu

Suhail AnuSouth East Queensland, QLD

My husband loved hahha

We bought for my son.. But he doesn't like bottles... We tried feeding this through other ways but doesn't like formula as well... We now this is used by my husband hhaha and he loves it...

Purchased at Woolworths for A$29.00.

LaurenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very disappointed in this company.

See all Bellamy's Organic Formula reviews

chenz p.

chenz p.asked

Step 1 Infant Formula

Does it give baby gas and also Constipation

Imme

Yes gas, very bad gas. Delays the bowel movement by a day or so then comes all out at once. Soft but very painful for baby to have a full tummy and passing so much wind.

Bellamy's OrganicBellamy's Organic

Bellamy’s Organic do not manufacture an infant formula specifically for anti-reflux. However, in some circumstances under the strict guidance of a health professional or doctor, you may be able to thicken your baby formula with commercially available thickeners. You may wish to seek further advice from your health professional about this. Reflux in infants can sometimes be due to a poorly coordinated gastrointestinal tract and may still occur regardless of what non-specific infant formula you use. Generally treatment consists of various things including:
Elevating the head of the baby’s crib or bassinet
Holding the baby upright for 30 minutes after feeding
Thicken bottle feedings with cereal (do not do this without a doctor’s supervision)
Change feeding schedules (discuss with the child’s doctor first)
Try solid food (discuss with the child’s doctor first)

Constipation is often misdiagnosed. If you think that your baby is experiencing constipation, you should seek medical advice to rule out anything serious. It is not uncommon for formula fed babies to pass stool less frequently than breast fed infants. Stool can often be a different colour and consistency.
Any changes in diet can cause changes in stool movements; frequency, consistency and colour. In Australia it is a requirement that all formulas are fortified with mineral iron for healthy growth and development of babies. The added iron can cause some stools to be green in colour and may cause some transient constipation, particularly when compared against stools from breastfed babies. Babies go through amazing transitions in digestive function as they grow. Their tummy’s can be affected by all sorts of things including sickness, teething, and different and new foods or drinks being introduced. All in all however, you know your little one best so if you are worried, you should seek advice from your medical practitioner.

Jenny K.asked

Hi there,

my baby just turned 7 months and i m wondering if i can continue to use stage 1 Formula as i have 6 tins left. Or is it necessary to switch to stage 2?

Regards
Jenny

Hi Jenny,
At 6 months it is recommended that you commence our Step 2 follow on formula as it contains the appropriate quantity of vitamins and minerals that are best suited for a child of this age group. If you do wish to stick to Step 1, we would advise seeking medical advise to see whether this is suitable for your child.
Kind regards,

Jenny K.

Good morning, hmmm i read in the previous posts several times, that stage 1 is suitable till 12months.
How come you are recommending me to switch to the follow up formula if previous posts stated its ok to use stage 1 formula till 12months.
I m very confused now.

This is one statement from one of your previous posts :

Both our Infant Formula and Follow-On Formula are nutritionally complete and will provide your baby with all the nutrition required for healthy development until they are about 12 months of age.

Good morning Jenny,
My apologies for any confusion. The paragraph you have quoted above is intended to explain that the Formula fed to the corresponding age groups will provide the nutrition required. We still encourage you to transition to Step 2 as the formula has been crafted to suit the nutritional needs of an infant within a defined age group. By continuing on Step 1, your infant may not receive all the required nutrients to support their needs from 6-12 months. It may be suitable for you to use up the Step 1 you have assuming your child is receiving enough nutrients from other sources, we would still encourage you to seek medical advice.

Please see below the advice we provide on how to best transition.
While most babies and toddlers would be expected to experience a smooth transition between the old and new formulations, it’s important to remember that every child reacts differently when changing formulas. Because of the addition of new ingredients to our formula, your baby or toddler may initially experience some digestive changes. Whilst this is completely normal when transitioning to a new food or formula, we recommend that you transition slowly from one formula to the other at around 75% original formula with the addition of 25% new formula and increase the new formula over the course of 1-2 weeks. For a bottle using 4 scoops of formula, this would equate to 3 scoops of original formula and 1 scoop of the new formula. Always ensure that both formulas have the same scoop to water ratio. If you are worried about any persistent symptoms, please seek professional medical advice.
Please let me know if you have any further queries.
Jacqui

Misz azmi

Misz azmiasked

Hi, I'm from malaysia
The doctor says that my daughter can start solid already and she's 4 months+ now. It's hard to find Bellamy's rice cereal for 4 months. Is it OK if I buy for 6 months ones. What's the difference actually?

Hi there,

The formulation of ingredients for the 4 month baby rice is more suited for infants of this age group who intend to begin solids. The 6 month baby rices have additional ingredients that are more suited for an older infant. It is advised to start at the 4 month baby rice if your child is less than 6 months to avoid any possible tummy upset when starting solids.

Kind regards,