Bellamy's Organic Step 2 Follow-on Formula

21 questions from our users

Angie

Angieasked

Step 2 Follow-on Formula

If my child has eczema, is this milk suitable for her? Or is it better she drinks fresh goat’s milk?

Dear Angie,
Thanks for your enquiry. Under 12 months of age, breast milk or infant formula should be the main source of nutrition. Fresh pasteurised milk can be given in small amounts with food.

Regarding use of Bellamy’s Organic Step 2 depends if food allergy is or isn’t the cause of the eczema for your little one. What has your baby’s doctor advised?

If food allergy isn’t the cause, removal of the food/s won’t reduce symptoms. However in some young infants with severe eczema, removal of certain food/s may result in better eczema control which should always be conducted under the supervision of a medical specialist.

Kind Regards,

Babyflynn

Babyflynnasked

Step 2 Follow-on Formula

Hello, ever since we switched to stage 2 last week my son has been waking up at night almost every hour either being hungry or just fussy. He is 6 months old and thought we change to stage 2 as we couldn’t find stage 1 in the supermarket anymore. Is it because stage 2 has less nutrients compare to stage 1? Thanks

Hi there,

Both Stage 1 and Stage 2 formula comprise of key macronutrients, vitamins and minerals to support the growing needs of an infant in their first year of life. Their fundamental difference is in the type of protein. Stage 1 Infant formula is a Whey protein dominant formula which is easier to digest. Stage 2 Follow on formula is a casein protein dominant formula which may take longer to digest and can create satiety in your baby, particularly as they commence on solid foods from around 6 months of age. In addition, an infant’s iron requirements increase from the age of 6 months. Our step 2 formula contains more iron than our step 1 formula to accommodate for this developmental requirement. Stage 1 Infant Formula now indicates 0-6 month age specification but can be used up to 12 months in line with Australian and New Zealand Food Standards Code. Parents and carers are able to choose which formula is designed to meet the specific nutritional needs of their child.

Stage 1 Infant Formula:
0-6months
Contains DHA Omega 3
Contains GOS prebiotics
Formulated to meet nutritional needs of a baby 0-6 months
Whey dominant formula: whey is a protein that is easy to digest, and gentle on the tiny tummy

Stage 2 Follow on Formula:
6-12 months
Contains DHA Omega 3
Contains GOS prebiotics
Formulated to meet nutritional needs of a baby 6-12 months
Casein dominant formula: Casein is a protein that takes longer to digest, and keeps a baby feeling fuller for longer

Anwen
Anwen

Hi bellamys, if you choose to continue using stage 1 up to 12 months, what are the dosage guidelines? Does it remain the same?

Bellamy's OrganicBellamy's Organic

Hi Anwen, unless advised otherwise by a health professional, it is recommended that at 6 months babies should transition to Step 2. Step 2 meets the nutritional requirements of this age group. The concentrations of vitamins and minerals differ in Step 2 and it is also a casein dominant formula. Moreover, our feeding table is available at www.bellamysorganic.com.au if you wish to view the preparation method of our different formulas.

Sian L.

Sian L.asked

Step 2 Follow-on Formula

I started using step 2 for my 7 month old my question is, during the day my baby girl doesn't drink as much, can I use the same measurements as the step one and just give her 3 scoops + 180 water?

Hi there,
If you are finding your child is preferring smaller feeds, we recommend preparing the formula as suggested on the tin, but commencing smaller, more frequent feeds. You can prepare the formula and keep it stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at hello@bellamysorganic.com.au

DesA

DesAasked

Hi
I just switched over to the stage 2 Formula 6- 12 months , my 7 month old has been projectile vomiting and I dont think it is agreeing with her, she had no issues with stage one, perfectly working Bowels, no vomiting or constipation.
Can I continue with stage one formula until she is 12 months of age , as this one works for her.
I just cant get her to stop vomiting and its every time she drinks milk.

Rabia Z
Rabia Z

Every child is different. Even when you change from one stage to other then babies refuse or are fussy. Sometime the little tummies are not accepting. Its better to go with what you were going with for a month or so and then change. My sister did that and was happy with results.i hope the lo feels better wish you good luck.

Hi there,
We encourage you to transition slowly from step 1 to step 2 to prevent tummy upsets. With our new formulation, the formula have been crafted to suit the nutritional needs of an infant within a defined age group. By continuing on step 1, your infant may not receive all the required nutrients to support their needs from 6-12 months.
While most babies and toddlers would be expected to experience a smooth transition between one formula and another, its important to remember that every child reacts differently when changing formulas. Your baby or toddler may initially experience some digestive changes. Whilst this is completely normal when transitioning to a new food or formula, we recommend that you transition slowly from one formula to the other at around 75% original formula with the addition of 25% new formula and increase the new formula over the course of 1-2 weeks. For a bottle using 4 scoops of formula, this would equate to 3 scoops of original formula and 1 scoop of the new formula. Always ensure that both formulas have the same scoop to water ratio. If you are worried about any persistent symptoms, please seek professional medical advice.

Kawsalya N.

Kawsalya N.asked

Step 2 Follow-on Formula

Hi are there changes in the content of the formula on the new look of step 2 or is it just the packaging that has a new look?

Sam S.

Sam S.asked

Step 2 Follow-on Formula

I have been told that this formula is too high in protein and calories and babies tend to put on too much weight. Is this true?

Bellamy's OrganicBellamy's Organic

Hi Sam, Thanks for the question. Our new formula has been reformulated with lower protein and falls within the range stipulated by the Australian regulatory body FSNANZ. So no, our formula does not promote weight gain in infants, toddlers or young children. This change has become mandated across all formula brands. Many thanks for the great question.

Mandy T.

Mandy T.asked

Step 2 Follow-on Formula

Hi, may i know whats the differents between step 2 and 3?
Thanks.

Lis

Lisasked

Step 2 Follow-on Formula

My little baby has just turned 6 months and have been using Bellamys stage 1 0-12 months. Is it necessary to change to stage 2 6 - 12 months

Hi There,

Thank you for your email. Not at all. Your baby can remain on stage 1 formula is that is well suited to his digestive system. Stage 2 is a casein based formula which means it takes a little longer to digest helping your bub to stay full whilst introducing solids. Both formula have the same nutritional value but differ in their protein types.

I hope this helps

Kind Regards

Sherry

Sherryasked

Step 2 Follow-on Formula

I am feeding my 6 months old baby with stage 1 formula now, shall I change it to stage 2 formula or just keep using the stage 1 formula?

心 Sum Yi

心 Sum Yiasked

Step 2 Follow-on Formula

Hi ... im from Malaysia.My daughter 6 months old. i want to ask Bellamy's Step 2 use blue or white scoop?

Marina
Marina

Hi, I'm not sure what you mean because in Australia Bellamys Organic Formula stage 1 and stage 2 only comes with one scoop, white one.

Nikki

Nikkiasked

Hi
I have been using Bellamy's organic formula as s top up for nearly 1 month for my 5 months old baby. I personally like this because of organic ingredients .But after visiting my doctor I got to know soy milk is not good for infant unless there is alergy of cows milk . My doctor actually advised me to go for commerciaky popular formulas in the market instead Bellamy's.
My question here is what is the percentage of soy bean products included in the formular?? Also what is the percentage of cows milk included in the formular ??

Bellamys O.Bellamy's Organic

Dear Nikki,

Thank you very much for your email, and support of Bellamy’s Organic.

We source only premium certified organic oils from around the world and are concerned with also sourcing environmentally sustainable products. We are always looking at many different ways to make our infant and follow-on formulas and consideration of what oils we use is very important. The certified organic oils in our formulas do not contain antioxidants and are only cold pressed; they are not hydrogenated or processed using any solvents.

Fats and oils are required in infant formula as a concentrated source of energy that perform a number of important functions in baby's developing body, including carrying fat-soluble vitamins to tissues and organs, supplying essential fatty acids for growth and development, insulating and protecting vital organs and producing healthy levels of cholesterol and hormones. The combination of palm oil, sunflower oil and soybean oil provide the correct balance of essential fatty acids in baby's diet.

Our infant formulas are specially balanced to provide babies with all the nutrition they need in the first 12 months of life and our products are rigorously tested to ensure the very best nutrition for your baby. All infant formulas in Australia have to comply with strict nutrition guidelines as dictated by the Australian and New Zealand Food Standards. Our formulas meet these standards and we pride ourselves in the quality of the products we create.

Please always feel more than welcome to contact me at any time if I can assist in any way, always happy to help. In the meantime, take care and welcome to our Bellamy’s family.

Teegan

Lily

Lilyasked

Hi,
I saw on eCommerce sites that some products had "Australian made" type of certificate while others have "Tasmanian owned". I'm not too fussed about who owns the company, but I was keen on switching to Bellamy's for my 2nd one because it is 1) organic, 2) from Australia. Can someone explain the difference between the "Australian made" and "Tasmanian owned"? Are these the same products?
Lily

Neil

Neilasked

Step 2 Follow-on Formula

what stage should i choice for my 5 months baby boy. he is on A2 platinum at present but looking other brands for his 6 months.

Novus
Novus

Hi Neil, if baby is not quite 6 months old yet i would definatly have him start on the step 1 first. Then at 6 months along with solids you can transition to step 2 but you dont have to you can use step1 all the way to 12 months as well. I think step 2 keeps them fuller for longer as they grow older.

Hi Neil,

Lovely to hear from you! Congratulations on welcoming your gorgeous little one into your family.

We have 2 formulas – Infant Formula from Birth to 12 months and Follow-On Formula from 6 month to 12 months. Both our Infant Formula and Follow-On Formula are nutritionally balanced organic milk formulas; made up from certified organic cow’s milk and essential vitamins and minerals.

Once your baby reaches 6 months you can continue to use our Infant Formula or change your formula to our Follow-on Formula. Both will provide all the nutrition requirements your baby needs however our Follow-on Formula may keep your baby feeling fuller for longer and better complement the introduction of solid foods. It may also be more suitable for babies over 6 months that are new to formula. If your baby is satisfied with our Infant Formula and is over 6 months it is perfectly normal and safe to continue to use this up to 12 months. We provide the two choices because each baby is different and mums and dads are best to make the decision on what is best for their baby.

You may also want to watch some of our videos on our formulas - http://bellamysorganic.com.au/blog/learn-about-our-infant-follow-on-formulas-direct-from-the-bellamys-organic-kitchen/#.UkDzA3__lqU OR http://bellamysorganic.com.au/blog/best-hints-tips-faqs/#.UkDzFn__lqU
We do not use GMO ingredients as we comply with the requirements of being certified organic. Our Formula tins do not contain BPA. Our lids and scoops are also BPA free and our formula tins along with the scoop and foil, are made from recyclable products.

For further information on our brand you can have a look at our website/online store www.bellamyorganic.com.au , read about our products and interesting articles on our blog or ‘like’ us on Facebook www.facebook.com/bellamysorganic

I hope this information is useful. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance.

Jules

Julesasked

Step 2 Follow-on Formula

Today 3/7/17 it was reported that potentially dangerous needle-like nanoparticles exist in some off the shelf baby formulas. Can you confirm whether your formula is free of these synthetic nanoparticles?

Hi Jules,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us, and it will be my pleasure to assist in alleviating any concerns you have.

The safety of Bellamy’s consumers is of the utmost importance to us. As an organic company, Bellamy’s can confirm it does not add whiteners, brighteners or anti-caking agents which are commonly used in the manufacture of consumable goods and can be a source of Nano-particles.

For your reference, please find below information regarding the Nanoparticle issue however as a mum myself, I truly understand your concern and always feel welcome to seek guidance from your doctor should you still feel concerned.

Please always feel more than welcome to contact me at any time, would be more than happy to provide any further information any time you need.

In the meantime, take care.

Geoff

Geoffasked

Step 2 Follow-on Formula

Hi, I am using your infant formula but one day I found that there's a difference in texture with the new can that I just opened compare to my last one. One is more chunky than the other one. I have also notice the top of the tin can is a little bit different between the two. Did you guys make any change to the packaging and formula? The mfg dates are 24.07.2016 packed by 25012 est no 2179 batch 6206 ( this one the powder is more chunky ). The other one I am comparing to, mfg date 26.05.2016 packed by 31187 est no 2179 batch 6147. Now I am very worried because I bought them from diff online stores. Can you pls let me know if the textures are suppose to be different ? Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Geoff

Dear Geoff,

Lovely to hear from you again, it is my pleasure to assist in addressing your concern.

The caking or clumping you are referring to, can occur due to the moisture and fat content in the formula. Infant formula products are a complex mix of proteins (whey), fats (vegetable and milk), and carbohydrates (predominately lactose).

During storage if temperatures are higher than the temperature where the lactose in the infant formula powder remains in a stable form, the lactose can convert back to its sticky form, starting clumping of the formula or toddler milk. The amount of clumping will vary depending on the range of temperature conditions the can of infant formula is subjected to and the age of the powder.

Please also be advised that we do not add any anti-caking materials to our organic formulas.

It is important to note that formula at the bottom of a tin after use, may also have been exposed to moisture. The storage conditions, the dryness of any utensils used and general humidity within the home may cause some caking or clumping. Please be assured this is not harmful to the baby's health in any way. These clumps do not stay together and are easily dispersed by tapping on the tin or touching the clumps with the enclosed scoop.

I trust this addresses your concerns but please feel welcome to contact me should you have any further enquiries.

Sararenee

Sarareneeasked

Do you send to the US?

Hi Sara Renee,

Thank you very much for your email and support of Bellamy’s Organic all the way from America!!

Unfortunately, we do not stock our products in the USA. Our online store is only available to customers within Australia at this stage. We cannot ship out of these zones, due to strict export regulations.

However, it would be worth noting that Chemist Warehouse stocks the majority of the Bellamy’s Organic range, and they ship internationally, it could possibly be an avenue to explore.

I hope this information is of assistance, however always feel more than welcome to contact me at any time if I can help any further.

Maria Stefanieasked

Step 2 Follow-on Formula

My son is exactly 25 weeks when switching from A2 Platinum Premium Stage 1 to Bellamy Orga ic Follow-On 2.

According to the week count, he is today (6th Dec 2016) 25 weeks. But officially 6 months this 14th Dec. He usually has no problem with his poop (once a day everyday) but just started this formula, he just poop only a small amount. And he looked struggling when pushing. He has started solids for 1 month and has no problem with that. My question: is the switching formula cause this (I call it) constipation? Anything I should do?

S.y
S.y

Well I honestly I will stay with a a2 platinum or change to Blackmores because With Bellamy's organic it was a too much for my baby, he was struggling to poop. It was just heart breaking to see him like that and I changed to Blackmores follow on and since then he has no issues he poops twice a day sometimes. so good luck and I really hope everything works for you :)

Maria Stefanie

Thanks a lot for your advice :') I'd really want to stay on A2 but I was so desperate when son still in stage 1, the supply really terrible!! I was like going to all stores in eastern subs and it's still pit of stock. I then found it via Gumtree, someone sold it as her bub turned to different stage. If the A2 Stage 2 supply is fine then I probably back to it again. And for the Blackmores, if it's also good in all quality then I may try it :) really thanks for your comment..

Frosty
Frosty

Could be the formula. Could just be that it's a change in his diet and it'll be fine in a few days. Whenever I changed or added something to my daughters diet I always gave her probiotic powder with breakfast for a few days. Never ever have we had any constipation issues.

Maria Stefanieasked

Step 2 Follow-on Formula

If my baby doesn't have problem with cow's milk, do I have to switch to organic one? My son has A2 Platinum Stage 1. Best for him, no upset tummy, the taste is great (sometimes I have a glass too LOL, and the poo is similar as he took breastmilk). But we always have problem with the stock s u p p l y!!! I was so stressfull when I couldnt find the stock anywhere even online. There are some with Chinese language on its tin but I dont know why I dont feel secure. It's damn much more expensive too X(

Found about Bellamy and suddenly think to switch on it, as many reviews say it's easy to get. Any idea what should I do?

Dear Maria,

Thank you so much for taking the time to contact Bellamy's Organic, lovely to hear from you and it's fantastic to hear your beautiful little boy has had a seamless transition to formula.

It can certainly be stressful when you are unable to locate the formula your little one enjoys. It is definitely a personal decision in regards to which brand you feel best suits your little one, however below I have outlined the main difference in our Step 1 and Step 2 which I hope will assist you with your choice moving forward.

The primary difference between our Infant Formula and Follow-On Formula is the balance of milk proteins. Both formulas have whey and casein proteins but in different proportions. Our Infant Formula is whey dominant with around 60% whey protein and 40% casein protein. Breast milk also has around 60% whey and 40% casein. It is important that a baby who is formula fed from birth or under 6 months, starts with a whey dominant formula like our Infant Formula. Our Follow-on Formula is casein dominant with around 55% casein protein and 45% whey protein. We change the balance because as casein is slower to digest than whey, it may keep baby feeling full a little longer. Follow-on Formula is suitable for babies from 6 months to 12 months and may be more suitable for babies who are being weaned off breast-milk, or who are starting solid foods.

Once your son reaches 6 months you can continue to use our Infant Formula or change your formula to our Follow-on Formula. Both will provide all the nutrition requirements your baby needs however our Follow-on Formula may keep your baby feeling fuller for longer and better complement the introduction of solid foods. It may also be more suitable for babies over 6 months that are new to formula. If your baby is satisfied with our Infant Formula and is over 6 months it is perfectly normal and safe to continue to use this up to 12 months. We provide the two choices because each baby is different and mums and dads are best to make the decision on what is best for their baby.

Please always feel more than welcome to contact us at any time if we can assist in providing any further information, always very happy to help where possible.

Take care & kindest regards,

Bri

Briasked

Step 2 Follow-on Formula

Can the follow on formula cause diarrhoea? Most reviews I've read state it may cause constipation but since switching from Bellamy's Step 1, my daughter has had diarrhoea.

Dear Bri,

Thank you for taking the time to write us with your feedback and for your support of Bellamy's Organic. We are so sorry to hear of this discomfort to your little one, and would like to sincerely apologise for the distress caused.

We definitely suggest, if you haven’t already done so, that you consult the advice of a health care professional in case of any allergies as it is not a normal occurrence for this to happen in reaction to our formula.

We take all feedback from our customers very seriously. If you could kindly provide me with your contact details, and I am more than happy to liaise with you via phone/email.

Bellamy's Organic takes great pride in offering families an Australian made pure certified organic choice. We understand you have a choice of brands and are sorry to hear that ours has not seemed to agree with your little one.

Please feel more than welcome to private message your details and contact number where I would also be more than happy to speak with you, at a time convenient to you and and assist you as much as possible.

Thank you again for your question, and welcome to the Bellamy's family.

Linda Budianto
Linda Budianto

Hi, this happens to my baby as well. Since I changed to Bellamy follow on formula last week, my baby started to have diarrhea. She used to poop 3-4 times per day, but now up to 10 times for the last 7 days. I think Bellamy is not good for her.

Gayoung Lee

Gayoung Leeasked

Step 2 Follow-on Formula

My bub is 5 months old and having mixed feed since birth. I fed him bellamy's since day one.
He started to have bellamy's cereal as well.
But his pooh is really really green lots of wind.
Seems he is not in pain.bUT just really green pooh. What should I do !! Should change his formula?

melissa
melissa

If its same formula since day one and he's been fine up until now I don't think its formula! Maybe trying solids for the first time is getting some used to. Id take him to a paediatrician, and make sure there are no problems.

See all Bellamy's Organic Formula questions