Bellamy's Organic Step 3 Toddler Milk Drink

24 questions from our users

Yiyiyiya

Yiyiyiyaasked

Step 3 Toddler Milk Drink

My girl has been drinking since 1yrs old and she is 6yrs old now. May I know stage 3 is designed for how old of the children? Thanks

Hi there!
Step 3 is designed for 12 months plus. We have a junior milk drink (Step 4) that is designed for 3 years plus! Our Toddler Milk and our Junior Milk is not a formula or a principle source of nutrition. It is a supplementary milk drink that contains additional vitamins and minerals and should form part of a varied solid diet that includes; vegetables, fruits, whole grains, meats and dairy products. Whether you choose to give your toddler our Toddler Milk can depend on what their existing diet consists of. If your toddler’s diet consists of lots of foods including dairy products such as milk, cheese and yoghurt then you may not need to use our Toddler Milk. If your toddler is not eating a variety of foods and is a little fussy then our Toddler Milk is a great product to add to their diet and provides lots of vitamins and minerals.

Tan YY

Tan YYasked

Step 3 Toddler Milk Drink

Hi, I'm Tan from Malaysia. My son is currently 3 years 2 months old, he has been on bellamy step 3 since 1 year old, can I continue step 3 instead of step 4 as no much supplier for step 4 in Singapore and Malaysia?

Hi Tan,

This is perfectly fine. Our Step 3 and 4 drinks are merely supplement drinks. Children at this age group should be receiving adequate nutrition from a well balanced diet. Using Step 3 at this age will be of no concern to you or your child.

Camila

Camilaasked

Step 3 Toddler Milk Drink

My daughter is 13 months in a week. We switched to Step 3 2 weeks ago. However she needs a bottle 3x day and not 2xday as per recommendation on the formula. Is that ok to feed her 3 x a day? She eats lots of solids as well, she has smoothies and needs her bottle before her naps and sleep time. Can I still feed her 3 x a day or should I do as per recommended by Bellamys formula? Please let me know, thanks

Rabia Z

Let her eat more of solids. As far as she is gaining weight in a healthy way you can give her. It takes a little time for babies to adjust you can slowly decrease the quantity dont stop immediately as that will make her cranky.Slowly and gradually bring down the number and she will be fine.

Hi there,

The Step 3 is merely a supplement drink and should be consumed in conjunction with a well-balanced diet, so it would not be necessary for you to exceed the recommended amount of formula. The feeding table is a general guide and if you are finding your child requires more feeds, we recommend doing smaller more frequent feeds. If you are pre-preparing your formula, make up the formula and pop it in the fridge you need to make sure that you use refrigerated formula within 24 hours. Once your baby is ready for a feed bring the bottle to a suitable and safe feeding temperature, shaking the bottle to make sure any hot spots are evened out and test on your wrist. If your baby doesn't drink the entire bottle then you need to discard any unfinished feed.

Bellamys Organic

Lucky C.

Lucky C.asked

Step 3 Toddler Milk Drink

I just buy the milk but Why bellamy's formular stage 1 has alots of bubble when baby is drink?

Rabia Z

If you mix powered formula with water, don't give the mixture to your baby immediately after shaking it in the bottle to mix. Shaking causes air bubbles to form. ... Feed your baby slowly. If he drinks too fast, it's more likely to cause air bubbles to form in the nipple than if he drinks slowly. One of the main causes of bubbly foam in baby formula is the shake. When you put the powder in with the water, close the lid, and shake to mix, you end up with many bubbles. Hope it answers. Good luck

Hi there,
As we use only certified organic ingredients our product may vary slightly in the way it mixes from batch to batch. We manufacture in small batches and organic ingredients do vary from season to season. Some batches may be quite frothy with lots of bubbles, while other batches may have no bubbles at all. This is not a problem, this is normal. The reason that some batches can be quite frothy is because we produce our formulas with real full cream milk powder, which does the same. When you turn the bottle upside down for feeding, milk fills the teat completely and the froth goes to the other end, so baby wont get any air from the bottle. Some parents stir the formula first and then shake the bottle to dissolve the formula further. From the feedback we have received this creates less froth or bubbles. You can also tap the mixed formula in the bottle on a bench, a bit like when you get a latte at a coffee shop and they bang the jug of milk prior to pouring it in the cup. It is also worth noting, frothing or bubbles do not pose a problem with baby either as long as you ensure the teat on the bottle is full when your little one is feeding then there will not be excessive air intake.

Yenny L.

Yenny L.asked

Hello dear im from Indonesia,
First of all its hard to find Bellamy in here. So my baby just 12 month old this month, ive already change to step 3.
Thanks God she digests it ok for these 3 days.
But im a little bit confused should i just get her back to step 2 or just continue step 3?

Hi Yenny,
At 12 months of age it is recommended that you commence Step 3. Our toddler milk is a good source of prebiotics for growing toddlers and should be consumed as part of a healthy, varied diet that is high in fibre.

Daphne

Daphneasked

Step 3 Toddler Milk Drink

My daughter is 3 years+, may I know she is suitable for Bellamy Step 3? What is the maximum age of taking Bellamy Step 3?

Hi Daphne,
Step 3 is suitable for 12 months+ and is merely a supplement drink for children who may not be receiving adequate nutrition from a healthy and balanced diet alone. Moreover, we have a Step 4 Junior Milk Drink which is suitable for 3 years+ which is similar to Step 3 but is more suited to the nutritional needs for children 3 years old and over.

mt

mtasked

Hi,
My baby is 13 month's old and she eats baby food very well, however, she cries for milk bottle after baby food ( it seems sucking bottles gives some sort of comfort to her) . I recently changed her milk from stage 2 to 3 and she gets diarrhea when she drinks 200 mls of stage 3 at once, but if it's about 100 mls at each feeding, she seems ok.
I'd like to know what causes diarrhea from having a large amount of stage 3 and why stage 2 was totally ok no matter of the amout of milk.

Hi there,

Each child reacts differently when changing formulas. Your toddler may experience some digestive changes, this is completely normal when transitioning to a new food or toddler milk drink and should pass within a week. If any issues persist, please seek professional medical advice. It is important that when switching formula and milk drinks, to transition slowly between 2-4 weeks to help minimize gut discomfort.

Traciieasked

Step 3 Toddler Milk Drink

When should i switch bub from step 2 to step 3? He has been on step 1 till about 9months and and we mixed step 1 with step 2 to slowly transition him. Now at almost 12months we are almost fully transition to step 2, but its also time for step 3.

What is the diff between step 2 & 3?

Bellamy's OrganicBellamy's Organic

Step 2 contains a specifically curated mixture of vitamins and minerals to promote the optimal growth and development of your child when breast milk is not exclusively used, or used in moderation. Step 3 however, is not essential, it is merely a supplement drink that should be used alongside a healthy balanced diet. Step 3 is for 12 months onwards and we suggest a slow transition from Step 2 to 3 if you do decide to continue using formula from this age. I hope this helps!

Traciie

Thank you very much for the prompt response. This is very helpful in making the decision on which steps to give at that age.

Nellyasked

Step 3 Toddler Milk Drink

I m mixing 120 ml following feeding table, As my 10weeks old not able to take 120ml in 1 fed, Can I know how long can I store 1 fed for?

Bellamy's OrganicBellamy's Organic

Formula can last for up to 12 hours in the fridge. We recommend trying 60mls to 1 scoop of formula and increasing the number of feeds throughout the day. Smaller and more frequent feeds may work better for your child.

Nelly

Ok thank you, will try as you said

ankush k.

ankush k.asked

Step 3 Toddler Milk Drink

Hey my baby is 15 months old..I give him bellamy's organic formals no 3 (the toddler milk drink). But my husband by mistake bought no 4 (the junior milk drink). The label on the container says it is for the kids with 3+ age. So is it safe for him to drink it? Please reply asap

Bellamy's OrganicBellamy's Organic

HI There, I would avoid using this step 4 because your little one is only 15 months old, he really should consume the step 3 only as it is best formulated for his age.

Pravi

Praviasked

Step 3 Toddler Milk Drink

Hi, what's is the the best to prepare Bellamy's step 3, normal water or warm water.

DoubtfulMum

DoubtfulMumasked

Step 3 Toddler Milk Drink

Hi there, I accidentally bought stage 2 instead of stage 3 toddler milk drink. My bub is 14 months old, and has had toddler milk drink since she turned one. Is it unsafe for her to finish the stage 2 formula?

Skye W
Skye W

In my opinion, I would use it.

Bec S

Bec Sasked

Step 3 Toddler Milk Drink

Hi - my baby has always been a spewy baby, however seems to have more episodes of reflux. It doesn’t bother him, but he’s feeding all the time. Is this product good for reflux babies? And how does it compare to breastmilk in terms of nutrients. Thanks.

Hi Bec,

Thank you so much for the question. Firstly, we would always recommend that you seek medical advice regarding reflux as there are a number of treatments available now that help reduce its occurrence. Generally, if reflux is physiological in nature, it wont really matter what formula is provided to the baby.
Our stage 1 formula is suitable for up to 12 months and is whey based. This means that is easily digested. Whilst breast is best, our formula contains all the essential vitamins, minerals, fat and carbohydrate (energy), required to exclusively support the nutritional needs of an infant up to 6 months of age, or before they commence solids. We adhere to the FSANZ guidelines in ensuring that our formulas are made to the strictest requirements and standard. As our product is certified organic, this means all the ingredients are free of synthetic pesticides, no artificial colours, flavours, enhancers, and our cows and antibiotic and hormone free.

I hope this answers your questions

Kind Regards

Panpan W.
Panpan W.

My baby start to be constipated since she strathfield having Bellamy stage 2. She is 10 month old. Do I need to let her drink stage 1 instead?

Bellamy's OrganicBellamy's Organic

Hi There, it would be best to keep her on Step 2. Increase her fibre intake through wholegrain, fruit and vegetables. Step 1 is best formulated for 0-6 month old only. Please note that the step 2 now contains prebiotic fibre which is designed to help with the stool consistency.
I hope this information helps.
Kind Regards

Dr-Mansoor A

Dr-Mansoor Aasked

Hello,
I have a baby of 2.5 month from birth i have changed two milk formulas 1. Morinaga BF ( cause constipation), 2. Lectogen -1 (cause motion), Recently my babay feeds on Lectogen recover from one month . Can I changed lectogen recover to Nan-1 ? either Nan -1 is lighter than lectogen -1 ?

Bellamy's OrganicBellamy's Organic

Hi There thank you for your enquiry. To better answer your question, are you asking about our Bellamy’s Toddler milk? If not, it might be best to consult with your medical professional to best address which formula may be best suited to your child if they experience some tummy upsets.

Ivy

Ivyasked

Step 3 Toddler Milk Drink

Why bellamy’s formular stage 2 has alots of bubble when baby is drink?

Bellamy's OrganicBellamy's Organic

Thank you for your enquiry. As we use only certified organic ingredients our product may vary slightly in the way it mixes from batch to batch. We manufacture in small batches and organic ingredients do vary from season to season. Some batches may be quite frothy with lots of bubbles, while other batches may have no bubbles at all. This is not a problem, this is normal. The reason that some batches can be quite frothy is because we produce our formulas with real full cream milk powder, which does the same. When you turn the bottle upside down for feeding, milk fills the teat completely and the froth goes to the other end, so baby won’t get any air from the bottle.
Some parents stir the formula first and then shake the bottle to dissolve the formula further. From the feedback we have received this creates less froth or bubbles. You can also tap the mixed formula in the bottle on a bench, a bit like when you get a latte at a coffee shop and they bang the jug of milk prior to pouring it in the cup. It is also worth noting, frothing or bubbles do not pose a problem with baby either as long as you ensure the teat on the bottle is full when your little one is feeding then there will not be excessive air intake.You can read our blog on why our formula can be frothy here http://bellamysorganicnews.com.au/what-is-in-baby-formula/ or watch our video clip here http://bellamysorganicnews.com.au/find-out-how-best-to-prepare-formula-here/

I hope you find this information useful.

Maal

Maalasked

Hi,

My 2 yr old son drink plenty of it. He drink more than the recommended daily intake which is 2serves daily. And 200ml every serving. He consume 3x from the recommended daily intake a day. Sometimes, he will consume 2 tin cans a week. So is it ok for him to consume a lot of milk at his age?

Eri
Eri

Growing males do HV increasing appetites,& love milk,good for bones.Maybe he needs more water to satisfy his thirst & more food for his hunger.Appetites vary & go with the flow.

joyce
joyce

At this age,I think it is too much for him.

Jaclyn B

Jaclyn Basked

Step 3 Toddler Milk Drink

My DD has been EBF since birth and is soon to turn 1. With Xmas upon us I am keen to enjoy a few drinks and am a bit 'over' pumping for these occasions when I don't want to offer milk straight from the breast. Would you recommend Stage 3 for a baby who's never had formula before? I am not weaning and breastmilk and solids will remain the majority of her diet I'm just wanting an option to mix-feed from 1 year on. Will move to whole cow's milk at 18 months. Any tips appreciated!

Bekklee
Bekklee

Absolutely :)
My 1 yr old was ebf, and moved on to stage 3 once she turned one!! We haven't looked back! She is now 20 months old and has a combination of cows milk and her stage 3 formula aswell.
Wishing you the best of luck and enjoy your holidays

Maal

Maalasked

Step 3 Toddler Milk Drink

Is there really a shortage of Bellamys toddler milk? Bec here in our place( Southlake, WA) its almost 3wks that no stock in Coles or in BigW so, I switched to another toddler milk. So, far my son likes it but I still prefer the Bellamys toddler.

Amber23
Amber23

I have heard this before... I do remember one time distinctly where most places I went for like a 2 week period available just went MIA ... But. Was fine after

shweta
shweta

Hi, In melbourne i have not faced this issue so far as I usually stock up for a month when they are on specials. You can try that idea to avoid this issue next time. They are also available at Chemist Warehouse, Babies are Us, Baby Bunting & some other local pharmacy.

Dear Maal.

So lovely to hear from you and congratulations on welcoming your beautiful little one into your family (albeit over 12 months ago now!).

So sorry you are having trouble finding our Toddler Milk, you can certainly order online and I will ensure the order is placed immediately for you.

May I please trouble you to contact me directly so we can chat further? My direct line is (03) 6332 9214.

Looking forward to hearing from you, and thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Warmest regards,
Nardia xo

chexcel2017

chexcel2017asked

Step 3 Toddler Milk Drink

is the Bellamy step 3 suitable for 4 years old above?

Nardia D.Bellamy's Organic

Hello!

Thank you for your question, really lovely to hear from you!

What an awesome mum you are, you’re doing a stellar job!

Absolutely, your older one can definitely remain on Step 3 – some children are staying on it until 6 years old so absolutely fine 

Please always feel more than welcome to contact me at any time, always here and happy to help in any way.

Take care & kindest regards,

AnG

AnGasked

Step 3 Toddler Milk Drink

Premature baby, now 15months only weight 8.5kgs. which formula is good for gain weight? currently is using bellamy

Micemeat
Micemeat

Food!, Formula should now be as a backup to a food based diet.

My kid loves salmon and beans, may not put weight on quick. But the healthier option is always a better option.

Nardia D.Bellamy's Organic

Hello!

Congratulations on welcoming your beautiful little one into your family - truly wonderful!

Unfortunately we are unable to give you a direct answer to your question as there are many factors involved however, we are more than happy to liaise with your preferred health professional and provide them with all the ingredients that we use and other relevant information to enable them to determine the suitability of our product for your child.

Wish you and your family all the very best, welcome to our Bellamy's family!

Kindest regards,

Ke Z
Ke Z

After 6 month, any formula will be the backup only. we feed us baby with Ballamy stage 3 and baby loved it.

See all Bellamy's Organic Formula questions