4.1

• Breastfed Child Yes (43%) · No (57%)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (93%) · No (7%)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (30%) · No (70%)

DR2014

DR2014South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible after change of ingredients

Have sworn by this formula previously but since the recent change of ingredients it has been horrible, my baby has become extremely fussy, in constant pain and has a severe burn on his bum from the acid poops, none of which we have experienced before. Will be switching formulas immediately. No longer recommend!

Pri

PriGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It’s perfect love it

My daughter loves this formula. I started with -2 follow on .6 months plus.very easy from breastfeeding to formula.very simple measurement,1scoop in 60ml. Very reasonable qty to start with .very smooth .no bubbles and clumps.you don’t need to shake too much to mix. Worth spending money on it.

Tegan

TeganCanberra 2600, ACT

Baby can’t keep it down!

My bub has tried lots of different formulas as she is mixed fed and always been ok. I had heard good things about Bellamy’s and was attracted to it being Australian made but she vomits it up every time she drinks it!!! For $30 a tin this is really disappointing, looks like I’ll be sticking with the other brands.

LlydonK

LlydonKSydney, NSW

Excellent formula, worth giving a try

It is excellent for babies. It is smooth, creamy and most important of all, it is very easy to prepare. My babies never had any issues with this formula. It is really worth giving a try if you cannot find your favorite.

Lana

Lana

Excellent formula - used when switching from breastfeeding to formula, baby loved it instantly

Only 4 start due to the price on this formula, although this is a local brand, as I live in TAS and we still paying around $30, same price as mainland for some reason, although i believe it would be a bit more expensive to get the formula across to the mainland. Other than that, I used Bellamy's when switching from breastfeeding to formula and baby loved it, did not have any tummy issues and she enjoys the taste and she gulps the bottle down, we have already switched to step 3 and will still be using this formula.

Mrs K

Mrs KSouth East Queensland, QLD

My child’s best milk

This product made from cow milk. And my child only drank this milk when he was baby. And other product made his tummy sick and too much gas after dank milk. But this was nothing happen to him. And he drank this product from step1 to step 3 until he became 4years old. Price is little bit high than other product ,but organic and I think safer than other products.

BK09

BK09

Why the fish oil? It was great but not now

My son had severe reflux, he was mixed fed formula and BM. We tried all other formulas and they just made things worst. Bellamy's was to rescue!
But lately, the new formulation with added fish oil is not helping. On the hunt for new formulas

PL Wong

PL WongSydney, NSW

Keep a line of DHA etc free milk powder

I brought up 3 healthy kids on original formula, attracted to its “no add-on”. I strongly recommended this brand to my sister expecting her first child and am very disappointed it is now with all these unnatural “goodies”. Perhaps you can keep 2 lines of products: original and extra

Gagingi

GagingiSouth East Queensland, QLD

This formula kept our baby from ‘failing to thrive’

Bellamy’s Organic Formulais an excellent product from newborn to toddlers. Our son was at risk of ‘failure to thrive’ and this was the only formula that seemed to agree with him (we tried several others and he projectile vomited them). He appears to enjoy this formula and is absolutely thriving. It’s easy to prepare and the formula dissolves quickly and completely. I strongly recommend parents give this product a try.

JadeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

HORRIBLE FORMULA CHANGE

They have now changed their look and also the formula which they have added ARA DHA and its more yellow my child was in pain for few days no sleep. The ARA etc upset his tummy as I always went for Bellamy’s because they never added that crap in their formula now that they have I will not be buying or recommending it ever! Oh not to mention the nice $30 price tag on it now!

Nothappy

NothappyQueensland

Happy

Happy that this formula did not bloat or give my infant wind or constipation. After trying about four other formulas that we were unable to finish, we were about to go insane. Bellamy's was gentle on the stomach and still able to fill him up for his sleep times yay.

Love the idea but resulted in smelly farts :(

I loved the idea of this formula as it is organic and made in Australia. It doesn't smell anywhere near as bad as some other formula's on the shelf (S-26 Gold for example) and my baby seemed to love drinking it just as much as breastmilk. It's also really easy to mix up with clear instructions and starting on one scoop per 60ml (compared to some other brands that need 3 scoops per 80ml or something confusing). However, we discovered that the formula made my babies farts smell really really bad. We have since switched formula and no more smelly farts. Sorry Bellamy's :(

Yogurt

YogurtSydney, NSW

Love Love Love

The second formula I have tried on my baby and she loves it! It is certified organic and Halal, which is a win, win. Melts straight into the water and there are no clumps or chunks whilst drinking. Love all the other products of Bellamy's as well. Definitely recommend it.

Maddy

Maddy

So good to have an organic option!

It's so wonderful to have an organic formula made in Australia available through the major supermarkets although I found ordering from the company wasn't worthwhile since they took a long time to deliver and they also sent formula that had an older manufacturing date (I thought the opposite would happen). However, given the current issue of people buying mass quantities from the shelf and sending it overseas leaving little or none on the supermarket shelf most of the time, this might be one of our only options left.

WaLkInThEpArk

WaLkInThEpArk

Organic and thriving baby.

I haven't tried other formulas because it was very important that formula was organic. Having previously worked on a cattle property it makes me shudder the thought of the pesticides, herbisides and drenches used and the thought of being them into my house. No thank-you. Ds is thriving and no issues. Instructions are easy to follow. Transitioned from bm. No issue with stools. Sorry tmi.

Annie

AnnieEast Melbourne

Great product, baby liked first time

We have been using this formula for 3 months now, I tried a bunch of brands which tasted terrible (I tried them as to see why she didn't like them) Bellamy's just tastes like milk. It has taken the stress out of going back to work. Being organic is wonderful too.

Afrah A

Afrah ASouth East Queensland, QLD

Bub loves it

Bub loves the formula. He’s not a fussy baby but he started drinking it from day 1 no problems. So easy to prepare, doesn’t leave clumps and doesn’t go bad (as in look nasty) if you don’t get to wash bottle after use straight away. We’ve tried other formulas but always came back to this one, great peace of mind :-)

kingshopper

kingshopperNSW, 2071

Little One didn't like it, switched to A2 instead.

Recommended for infants 6 to 12 months. Contains organic cows milk, added iron, vitamins and minerals. One downside is no DHA, but that will change soon I hear. We were attracted to the all natural ingredients but in the end, it just wasn't right for our little one (unsettled and foul nappies). Switched to A2 instead.

Mel

Mel

Best on the market

My baby is 4 months and he loves the bellamy's organic formula. I won’t use anything else, no unwanted side effects at all. The label is simple, easy to prepare. My two nieces suggested and use it too, especially having a couple of naturopaths in the family. Well done Bellamy’s

Maryh

MaryhMelbourne

Too good to quit

Great formula. Tastes so good my 9 year old child still drinks it. She doesn't drink anything except formula and water. Given all the nutrients it contains, it can't hurt I guess. She's even taller than her elder sister who is 1.5 years older. She's also the healthiest one in the family. She's never been sick. But even a common cold. Could it be the nutrients? I don't know but I'll keep her on it for as long as she wants!

See all Bellamy's Organic Formula reviews

Angie

Angieasked

Step 2 Follow-on Formula

If my child has eczema, is this milk suitable for her? Or is it better she drinks fresh goat’s milk?

Dear Angie,
Thanks for your enquiry. Under 12 months of age, breast milk or infant formula should be the main source of nutrition. Fresh pasteurised milk can be given in small amounts with food.

Regarding use of Bellamy’s Organic Step 2 depends if food allergy is or isn’t the cause of the eczema for your little one. What has your baby’s doctor advised?

If food allergy isn’t the cause, removal of the food/s won’t reduce symptoms. However in some young infants with severe eczema, removal of certain food/s may result in better eczema control which should always be conducted under the supervision of a medical specialist.

Kind Regards,

Kristy M.

Kristy M.asked

Formula

What are the ingredients for Belamy's Organic Feed Thickener? Does it have Cow's Milk or Goats Milk?

sukhwinder s.
sukhwinder s.

Hi, it is 1 number for newborn,cow milk, thanks

Hi Kristy,
We actually don't manufacture a thickener. If you do have any questions about our products, please don't hesitate to send us an email to hello@bellamysorganic.com.au
Kind regards,

Babyflynn

Babyflynnasked

Step 2 Follow-on Formula

Hello, ever since we switched to stage 2 last week my son has been waking up at night almost every hour either being hungry or just fussy. He is 6 months old and thought we change to stage 2 as we couldn’t find stage 1 in the supermarket anymore. Is it because stage 2 has less nutrients compare to stage 1? Thanks

Hi there,

Both Stage 1 and Stage 2 formula comprise of key macronutrients, vitamins and minerals to support the growing needs of an infant in their first year of life. Their fundamental difference is in the type of protein. Stage 1 Infant formula is a Whey protein dominant formula which is easier to digest. Stage 2 Follow on formula is a casein protein dominant formula which may take longer to digest and can create satiety in your baby, particularly as they commence on solid foods from around 6 months of age. In addition, an infant’s iron requirements increase from the age of 6 months. Our step 2 formula contains more iron than our step 1 formula to accommodate for this developmental requirement. Stage 1 Infant Formula now indicates 0-6 month age specification but can be used up to 12 months in line with Australian and New Zealand Food Standards Code. Parents and carers are able to choose which formula is designed to meet the specific nutritional needs of their child.

Stage 1 Infant Formula:
0-6months
Contains DHA Omega 3
Contains GOS prebiotics
Formulated to meet nutritional needs of a baby 0-6 months
Whey dominant formula: whey is a protein that is easy to digest, and gentle on the tiny tummy

Stage 2 Follow on Formula:
6-12 months
Contains DHA Omega 3
Contains GOS prebiotics
Formulated to meet nutritional needs of a baby 6-12 months
Casein dominant formula: Casein is a protein that takes longer to digest, and keeps a baby feeling fuller for longer

Kind regards,

Anwen
Anwen

Hi bellamys, if you choose to continue using stage 1 up to 12 months, what are the dosage guidelines? Does it remain the same?

Bellamy's OrganicBellamy's Organic

Hi Anwen, unless advised otherwise by a health professional, it is recommended that at 6 months babies should transition to Step 2. Step 2 meets the nutritional requirements of this age group. The concentrations of vitamins and minerals differ in Step 2 and it is also a casein dominant formula. Moreover, our feeding table is available at www.bellamysorganic.com.au if you wish to view the preparation method of our different formulas.

Get an answer from our members and Bellamy's Organic representatives