4.1

• Breastfed Child Yes (41%) · No (59%)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (93%) · No (7%)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (29%) · No (71%)

Afrah A

Afrah ASouth East Queensland, QLD

Bub loves it

Bub loves the formula. He’s not a fussy baby but he started drinking it from day 1 no problems. So easy to prepare, doesn’t leave clumps and doesn’t go bad (as in look nasty) if you don’t get to wash bottle after use straight away. We’ve tried other formulas but always came back to this one, great peace of mind :-)

kingshopper

kingshopperNSW, 2071

Little One didn't like it, switched to A2 instead.

Recommended for infants 6 to 12 months. Contains organic cows milk, added iron, vitamins and minerals. One downside is no DHA, but that will change soon I hear. We were attracted to the all natural ingredients but in the end, it just wasn't right for our little one (unsettled and foul nappies). Switched to A2 instead.

Mel

Mel

Best on the market

My baby is 4 months and he loves the bellamy's organic formula. I won’t use anything else, no unwanted side effects at all. The label is simple, easy to prepare. My two nieces suggested and use it too, especially having a couple of naturopaths in the family. Well done Bellamy’s

Maryh

MaryhMelbourne

Too good to quit

Great formula. Tastes so good my 9 year old child still drinks it. She doesn't drink anything except formula and water. Given all the nutrients it contains, it can't hurt I guess. She's even taller than her elder sister who is 1.5 years older. She's also the healthiest one in the family. She's never been sick. But even a common cold. Could it be the nutrients? I don't know but I'll keep her on it for as long as she wants!

Mumwithsons

Mumwithsons

Not happy

I bought the Bellamys organic stage 1 baby formula. I heard good things from a friend that organic is best so I used for my new born.
I’m confused between the measuring instruction they have given on the tin cause other formula have the same measuring scoop but there’s ratio is 50ml water 1 scope and 100 ml water 2 scoops.
Where’s bellamys have 60ml 1 scoop and 120 ml 2 scoops.
Although It’s easy to make but my new born is very upset and even not passing the poo. Where before his tummy was all ok.
Feeling like a waste of money and baby’s health too.

Skye W

Skye WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Formula, not for my daughter though.

Easy to prepare.
Used this formula with my daughter years ago and tried it again with new Bub. She hated the taste and I could not get her to drink more than 60mls at a time.
She was restless and hungry.
It just shows it really is trial and error.

Daniel

Daniel

It’s great.

Have been using this for a while. Easy prepare and the baby likes it, got used to it without any issues. Use a tin a week or thereabouts, I guess another good thing about this brand is that it is very well distributed in Australia at any supermarket or even at Chemist Warehouse.

Andrew NguyenPerth, WA

Great until the allergy

We used Bellamy’s organic for infant for the first. Easy to prepare 60mL per scoop. Being organic was a great choice.

However we noticed our little one (10 days old) starting to develop allergy first around his cheek, then gradually around the eye lids and then to his forehead. After consultation with St John of God, it was suggested the high iron content 0.86mg maybe the contributing factor.

So we now stopped using it and switching to another brand.

Sam

SamNsw

My son love it, easy transition to toddler formula

I bought this product because my friend suggested me, my son love it, it is organic , so make me happy to offer him this without any regret, no side effects, affordable price, easy to find in Coles, Woolworths & most of pharmacies, I would recommend this product to all families trying to switch from breast feed or any other formula.

Mrs A

Mrs AMelbourne

Good but hard to find recently

My son loved this formula. The only formula he liked when we were making the transition from breastmilk to formula. But they are suddenly hard to find. I googled and found out that they are making some changes to it. We didn't even know we could have prepared better. Had to switch my son to a different formula

Wartsandall

WartsandallMelbourne

Nothing special

My son seems to like it, however we haven't tried any other formulas so can't really tell if there is a difference.
A few things we did notice is that it gives him a lot of gas which makes him really irritable. Also, it doesn't have any added DHA or ARA, which has a major role in brain development and aids in the development of the visual and central nervous system. Having said that, I don't think I'll be using step 2 unless I buy omega 3 drops to add.

Bellamy's OrganicBellamy's Organic

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking to refine our premium organic products and your feedback helps us to do just that.
Kind Regards

Linds

LindsBroadbeach

My Choice In Formula!

This formula was by far the best choice for us for my son. I stopped breastfeeding when he was 6 months old and looked for formula options instead. We tried a few different brands with no success... They either smelled funny, or my baby just flat out wouldn't drink them.

Bellamys Is a beautiful brand, its Organic, ethical and actually smells ok! My son had no problems with this formula, was never sick from it, digested well and it just worked!

I found it easy to get too. It was always available at my local Woolworths!

FMR

FMRCanberra

Great formula - a bit pricey

I used this with all three of my babies after breastfeeding. They took it quite well. Nil problems such as allergies or reactions or constipation. It is as easy as any other formula to prepare. It doesn’t froth or leave a chalky residue when mixed up. It is quite pricey, however, you can usually get it on sale.

Nisha

NishaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Formula-Bub loves it

My bubba absolutely loves this formula...she is ebf but we like to give her bottle when out and about and she drinks it down with no issues. Given its organic we feel very content too that we are not feeding her any foreign chemical. It is bit pricey compared to other formulas but well worth the price.

Best formula!!!

I started my baby on nan her poos were watery, she was vomiting with every feed and was so crying all the time. The day I switched her to this formula I saw an immediate change I saw my baby smile for the first time. She enjoyed every feed and her poos were 100%better. I can not complain about this formula!!

Agger

AggerMelbourne

My baby loves it!

My baby loves this formula. She rejects all other formulas. It is easy to prepare and tastes like breast milk. I chose to use Bellamy's Organic Step 1 as it says it is organic. Very easy to prepare and easy information on the formula tin and there are no side effects untill now as I can see. Highly recommended but If the price can be lower, that will be better.

Alan H

Alan HAU

good stuff

As far as formula goes this one is pretty decent price wise. Many others we had issues with and some just came up not long after feed time. It might be just the quality or something that is in those other ones but we have never had problems with this one.

eka2323

eka2323Geilston Bay

Constipated my poor baby

I purchased this as I thought “organic” is better than some other options - it was for the evening feed only and breast fed for all other feeds and it constipated my poor baby. I’d hate to see what would have happened if I was having to feed this formula for all feeds rather than just one.

heichai

heichaisydney

the only organic powder

Hi this is the very best one you can find in the market, it taste good, and no too expensive.
not too hard to fine from the supermarket of woolworhts or in coles, sometimes even can be purchased from chemistwarehouse.
the whole family love this product so much thank you

Sanchi

SanchiMelbourne

Love it

My baby loves this formula and it was really great compared to the previous one I used (Nan). The old formula had a bad smell but this was really nice and no smell. Also it was frothy ans easy on baby’s tummy...
Once I started using Bellamy’s I never went back!

Bellamy's OrganicBellamy's Organic

We are delighted to hear the wonderful feedback! Thank you for your support and we wish you all the very best with your little one!

See all Bellamy's Organic Formula reviews

Angie

Angieasked

Step 2 Follow-on Formula

If my child has eczema, is this milk suitable for her? Or is it better she drinks fresh goat’s milk?

Dear Angie,
Thanks for your enquiry. Under 12 months of age, breast milk or infant formula should be the main source of nutrition. Fresh pasteurised milk can be given in small amounts with food.

Regarding use of Bellamy’s Organic Step 2 depends if food allergy is or isn’t the cause of the eczema for your little one. What has your baby’s doctor advised?

If food allergy isn’t the cause, removal of the food/s won’t reduce symptoms. However in some young infants with severe eczema, removal of certain food/s may result in better eczema control which should always be conducted under the supervision of a medical specialist.

Kind Regards,

Kristy M.

Kristy M.asked

Formula

What are the ingredients for Belamy's Organic Feed Thickener? Does it have Cow's Milk or Goats Milk?

sukhwinder s.
sukhwinder s.

Hi, it is 1 number for newborn,cow milk, thanks

Hi Kristy,
We actually don't manufacture a thickener. If you do have any questions about our products, please don't hesitate to send us an email to hello@bellamysorganic.com.au
Kind regards,

Babyflynn

Babyflynnasked

Step 2 Follow-on Formula

Hello, ever since we switched to stage 2 last week my son has been waking up at night almost every hour either being hungry or just fussy. He is 6 months old and thought we change to stage 2 as we couldn’t find stage 1 in the supermarket anymore. Is it because stage 2 has less nutrients compare to stage 1? Thanks

Hi there,

Both Stage 1 and Stage 2 formula comprise of key macronutrients, vitamins and minerals to support the growing needs of an infant in their first year of life. Their fundamental difference is in the type of protein. Stage 1 Infant formula is a Whey protein dominant formula which is easier to digest. Stage 2 Follow on formula is a casein protein dominant formula which may take longer to digest and can create satiety in your baby, particularly as they commence on solid foods from around 6 months of age. In addition, an infant’s iron requirements increase from the age of 6 months. Our step 2 formula contains more iron than our step 1 formula to accommodate for this developmental requirement. Stage 1 Infant Formula now indicates 0-6 month age specification but can be used up to 12 months in line with Australian and New Zealand Food Standards Code. Parents and carers are able to choose which formula is designed to meet the specific nutritional needs of their child.

Stage 1 Infant Formula:
0-6months
Contains DHA Omega 3
Contains GOS prebiotics
Formulated to meet nutritional needs of a baby 0-6 months
Whey dominant formula: whey is a protein that is easy to digest, and gentle on the tiny tummy

Stage 2 Follow on Formula:
6-12 months
Contains DHA Omega 3
Contains GOS prebiotics
Formulated to meet nutritional needs of a baby 6-12 months
Casein dominant formula: Casein is a protein that takes longer to digest, and keeps a baby feeling fuller for longer

Kind regards,

Anwen
Anwen

Hi bellamys, if you choose to continue using stage 1 up to 12 months, what are the dosage guidelines? Does it remain the same?

Bellamy's OrganicBellamy's Organic

Hi Anwen, unless advised otherwise by a health professional, it is recommended that at 6 months babies should transition to Step 2. Step 2 meets the nutritional requirements of this age group. The concentrations of vitamins and minerals differ in Step 2 and it is also a casein dominant formula. Moreover, our feeding table is available at www.bellamysorganic.com.au if you wish to view the preparation method of our different formulas.

Get an answer from our members and Bellamy's Organic representatives