Belling Sterling 90cm B900i

Don

DonAdelaide

A cook's delight.

Purchased in November 2016 at Harvey Norman.

Safety
Product is used: Daily
Mitch H.Belling

Hi Don,

thanks for the great review :)

Induction top oven

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
H & S

Thank you Glen for your phone call and help to resolve this issue

Georgie

Georgie

Repairs within a week

Bought the oven and in the first two days had to report the oven knobs were raging hot. Service technician came out and said repairs are needed to replace the cooling thermostat. Seriously, it's brand new, it shouldn't need repairs. Their warranty also states repairs may be done with 'refurbished' parts. Totally unacceptable. I don't want a repair job, I want a replacement. Trying to get feedback from Belling Aust Dist.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Ruben R.Belling

Hi Georgie, so sorry to hear this has happened. We have sent you a private message requesting some additional information from you. Thanks.

HotbakeBrisbane

$5,500 paid -- up for major repairs $$$

Great looking appliance however well over-priced. A few minor issues with rust developing on corners of cook top. Shelves not the easiest to move, magnets & seals not great, heat seems to escape from right oven and unit becomes quite hot to touch. Would expect a longer life than 6 years for a premium appliance. Waiting on quote for new circuit board, fans.. have been told it will be expensive. Watch this space for repair cost, will advise!

Date PurchasedJun 2012

Nikolas

NikolasSydney

Nearly perfect

Looks great and love the clean finish
The 3 separate oven compartments are the highlight, you can use one all all 3 ovens where needed

Only things keep in mind is the power usage for all 3 can be high relative to a standard oven and unfortunately the Stainless finish is prone to scratches. We have had it for just over a month and the stainless on the cook top has some very noticeable marks/scratches.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

John PAU

love our oven but had a problem

Date PurchasedJul 2015

BathMcCentral West, NSW

Great product, some issues with customer service which have since been fixed.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

unhappyshopper

unhappyshopperSouth Riana, Tasmania

Love the oven but the service sucks

I feel in love with this oven the moment I saw it. Took a couple of goes to master a sponge but baking days are so much easier. Service however is at the other end if the scale. Only 4 years old and the induction cooktop died a painful death. Belling wanted to charge us nearly 50% of the cost if the oven to repair it. Know your rights people. Consumer law states the expected life if an oven is 13 years, top of the range should rightly be more. And be warned they used reconditioned not new parts for repairs. Being out of warranty is not a justifyable excuse for shoddy parts if your appliance is within its acceptable life. Our oven was repaired for $150 labour cost only, a tenth of what it would have been.

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Anne50

Anne50echuca

The Best!!!!!!

Have had my new Belling stove for 10 months now and I do not know how I lived and cooked without it. I ca cook many trays of biscuits all at the one time, cook meat, roast veggies and have dessert baking all at the same time. Easy to clean, looks great and very efficient. Thank you Belling for a wonderful and time free appliance.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Candice C.Belling

Hi Anne50- Thank you for your review of our product. We very much appreciate your comments!!

Jane

JaneWellington New Zealand

Love t!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Kemmy

KemmyFootscray

Good investment on the whole

The induction cooker is fantastic as it allows for good control and efficient heating. However, I am not so happy with the tall oven as it has hot areas which burns eventhough it is fanforced. The telescopic rails in the small oven were wonky from the start and I made a complaint but was told the rails will improve with use but it hasn't. I am not happy with this at all.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

akb

akbHobart, Tasmania

Best Oven Ever!!!

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Best unit getting around

Sensational ovens (2) heat up fast , can cook a roast in the small one , 5 trays of vegetables in the tall one and grill something and use all 5 zones at once. Cleaning the top is a breeze ,bit of spray and wipe away , burnt food can be scraped off with a razor

December 5th 2017 Update: Best unit by far

Still a great unit , however the knobs are starting to peel, but can fit up to 8 trays of food in it at once
As well as 5 induction zones , can boil a kettle in 30 seconds , easy to clean , all rack come out to
Clean

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Donna Mc

Donna Mc

Belling B900i

Was a bit daunted at first with all the different settings on the ovens but after a bit of practise I am now quite confident at using this oven. Food is evenly cooked through even if all shelves are being used. Whether baking cakes & muffins or doing the Sunday roast, everything is well cooked & ready at the same time. Love the convection top , how easy it is to change temperatures & how easy it is to clean. The multiple alarms that can be set for each individual ring that is being used & how it switches itself off when the timer is up. The ovens also have their own timers which switch off when time is up. Extremely user-friendly. Also looks great.

Date PurchasedSep 2015
Steph

Steph

Quick heating and hot oven

Quick boil on stove
Can use small oven when only cooking for 2 and large side when feeding a crowd!
Would of loved to do the cooking class to learn to use all the functions but they cancelled on 3 different occasions and never booked me in for another when I asked to be informed when next one was

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Deb

DebMelbourne

The heart of my kitchen

This is the best oven I have ever used, I'm very happy with everything about this stove/oven the induction cooktop is fabulous I had never used induction before I got this and belling even gave me a day in their test kitchen to learn how to use it and all of its wonderful features. I would highly recommend this oven to anyone. I have a big family so cooking is really something important for us it's what makes our home a cosy safe place to call home.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Spacious!

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Candice C.Belling

Thank you for your review of our product HP4567 - we very much appreciate your feedback!!

Jan

JanHampton Victoria Australia

In Love

Our oven was purchased in October to go into our new kitchen. Initially I was a little anxious using the induction top as I had never used one previously. I am now 'IN LOVE' with my oven. It has a massive oven cooking area but can use the small oven when not needing to to cook much. The induction is amazing and so easy to keep clean. I have recommended them to my sister in law who is wanting to purchase a new 900 soon. Thank you Belling

Date PurchasedOct 2016

JohnnyHobart

Yes you can have a stress free life in the kitchen. If you don’t buy this

Only if you DO NOT buy this product, premium priced product for a product worth only cents, warning bells should have rang as soon as we unplaced it, the oven knob was not even connected ", since then I've replaced the knobs at my cost, now the hot plate won't reset, looks like I'll throw it out.....

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Ruben R.Belling

Hi Johnny, it is concerning to hear of your experience. We have sent you a direct message requesting some further information. Thank you.

Used cooktop once !!!

Used the cooktop once !! There was a loud pop and the whole cook top now won't work. That was over a week ago . Service department are impossible to get on to and when you do I found them difficult. I have had this appliance since April 2016 and used it 4 times !! I am so annoyed. I decided to not be swayed by reviews and give it a chance. Decision I now regret.
Although job logged to repair that was over a week ago and I have heard nothing from belling.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

PeterP

PeterPasked

We purchased a Belling Sterling 900, freestanding stove with induction top B900DiB about 4 years ago. It was put in storage for over 3 years while the house was completed. It was installed with the correct cabling by a licensed electrician less than 12 months ago.
We now have the following problems in order of importance to us.
1. After using the right handed oven we either can’t use the induction top because of error messages e2 and beeping or the top right hot plate automatically sets at 9 without touching any settings. Error still occurs next day.
2. The fanned oven (bottom left) doesn’t work at all anymore and was only used a handful of times in total.
3. The frame is rusting at the joints.
We love the concept of the stove and it cooks beautifully but is rapidly becoming unusable. After using the oven we have to use a portable cooktop to continue cooking. What can we do about the faults?

Mitch H.Belling

hi peter,

sorry to hear, please send us a message with your contact number so we can assist :)

Hotbake

These are known faults with this cooker, I have experienced the same.

George

Georgeasked

Dear Belling I am prewiring a dwelling in WA for a Richmond BR900i
The owner was told that we could wire it for 3phase
Can you confirm this please and let me know how many amps for each phase so that I can select the correct cable? George Carey EC3368 [details removed]

Ruben R.Belling

Hi George, 16amp, 3 phase supply.

Thanks.

Maz

Mazasked

BR900ICR Is the Model ( I think)... we are just now installing our kitchen cupboards around the oven. Should we leave a gap between oven and cupboards or can we put them hard up against the side of the oven. Wondering about any fire risk.

John P

I just checked one of the user guides and it says "This cooker may be fitted flush to the base units of your kitchen". Ours is fitted with no gap and we have not had any problems..

Candice C.Belling

Hi Maz - the Belling range cooker needs only minimum clearance to be able to be moved forward for service (should it be required) The only exception to this is if the cooker is fitted against cabinets with a low temperature tolerance ie vinyl wrap. In this instance, we would encourage you to fit a heat shield which should be available from any kitchen cabinet manufacturer/supplier.
If you do have any further queries relevant to the installation of your appliance, please feel free to visit our website: www.belling.com.au and download the installation guide and/or specifications sheet relevant to your model.

Get an answer from our members and Belling representatives