Belling Richmond BR900DFCNG/LP (Black)

Belling Richmond BR900DFCNG/LP (Black)

Worst experience with Belling oven 90cm

I am very much disappointment with this product. I bought it 3 years ago. I had some difficulties with the stove. It showed some error. It was within the product care. The electrician attended and stated he cannot fix it. The company do not product the spare parts. The product care company gave me the value of oven. I looked the price at Harvey Norman. It is doubled. I cannot afford it that much now. The product care company that they will replace it the appliance with no extra cost. Now, they changed their statement. They agreed to give me some credit and I have to pay what ever on the total price. It is unfair. I trusted on Belling company and I thought it would run longer than three years. I will not advise others to buy the Belling product as it is expensive and expensive to replace it. I am stuck now and do not have money to buy new one. I am surprise the company cannot replace the spare parts. I thought the product care would replace the product with no extra cost. Disappointed.

Purchased in August 2015 at Harvey Norman for $3,600.00.

Safety
Preheating Speed
Product is used: Daily
Hi Naimish, sorry to hear about that.. I would have a chat with product care about your experience and see how you go from there :)

Cooks nicely and looks good

Brought the older style to match our house. It was on sale like around 40% off so got a good price and it came with gift cards as a promo. After we brought it someone told us we would regret it because they are unreliable BUT 8 mths on and happy to say the opposite. It's a bit fast/hot but cooks things the best out of any oven I've owned. It's been easy to clean and I like the 3 different sized sections, they are fantastic. Nil problems at this stage.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!

Worst oven ever!!!

I decided to replace my 10 year old oven with what looked like the perfect oven, the Belling Richmond 900DFT. The oven was so hot that it melted the side cabinets next to it. A very unsatisfied customer, buyer beware. It’s a dodgy piece of eyesore that’s destroying my kitchen.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Gwen, it is really concerning to hear of your experience. Have you attempted to contact us to arrange a Belling Technician? We have sent you a PM requesting further information. Thank you.

i'm actually pretty happy with this

got it a few days back via express delivery. haven't had a chance to try it yet so i will leave a more detailed review when i do try it later. heard really good reviews on this before so i'm actually pretty excited to give it a go. maybe it could be the best oven ever lol...

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
We think so ;)

the best dont know why they stopped it

is is the best oven I’ve owned - and that’s a few! I mostly use the small bottom oven. It cooks pork belly so well. The grill is great and the long oven is great for quiches and cakes etc. it look kills and very luxurious

i am very very pleased

Date PurchasedApr 2013
Love this review :)

Perfect

Easy to use and set up highly recommend it it heats up quickly and easy to use sleek design affordable cooks food evenly takes time to heat up when grilling would recommend doesn’t use much power. The front glass door gets hot and wouldn’t recommend using it around kids they might burn them selves on the glass

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hello Sharyn, Thanks for the review glad you like your belling appliance, in terms of the glass it isn't double glazed so we recommended leaving the cooking to the adults ;)

No complaints!

This free standing oven is amazing. We purchased it in our new home as we have an open kitchen. Not only does it look stylish ( we think its the best visual out of them all ) But the food comes out with perfection. Very easy to use. Very basic manual and also has great reviews and comes highly recommended. I have an acquaintance that has also bought this after having a sophisticated dinner at mine. Heats up really quickly! No complaints as yet!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Glad you love it! :)

Serious safety issues

Purchased a property with this oven already installed as part of a 56k kitchen makeover which is lovely, however the oven is appalling , 1.oven sides overheat 2.doors have warped because the door magnets aren't strong enough to support the door close. 3. heat escapes above the warped door which has caused knobs to perish ,4. fans seize up and stop the oven from heating up and all this has been observed within a 12 month period. Today I have written to Belling via their online form for someone to come and look at this oven . A 2 year warranty for an oven costing over 5k is shocking and the amount of people experiencing the same faults over and over again should warrant a recall. I will be taking this further (https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/) if a satisfactory resolution from Belling is not forthcoming. Will keep you posted on the outcome !
Update to this situation. Belling contacted me , shortly after this complaint was made arranged an inspection of the oven , the repairman Identified each of the problems l had mentioned and assessed that the problems were NOT connected to incorrect installation or user misuse.
The repairman ordered in a new fan , dials and magnets for the door . The oven was fixed within one week free of charge !
The one thing that l will say is that once the faults were acknowledged the company acted in good faith to resolve the issues .It may be that this particular model is not the best representation of Bellings products however the swift action taken to address my complaint had restored my confidence in how important Belling take the aftersales of the product . Thank you Belling very happy that this has been resolved .

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Hi Christina, we do take all instances of concerns in respect to consumer safety with the utmost seriousness. We are glad that upon learning of your concerns you were happy with our subsequent response. If you require anything else, please be in touch. Thank you.

Amazing oven

love this oven it cooks my fish perfectly and is very quick. Not loud at all and my food somehow taste better after. My favourite features are the buttons and the heat. Perfect size and perfect colour for my kitchen as well. Would definitely recommend to my mum and dad its perfect.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Thanks for the great review, Yusuf.

wow what can i say

The fiery dark depths of eternal damnation be upon us. This oven is overwhelmingly and positively hot as pancakes. You know what, its hotter than the bottom of my laptop. This oven is hotly recommended, no words can describe the heat of my passion for this product. Please buy it.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great product

Controls are straightforward, temperature exactly as per settings as I have used a thermometer to test accuracy. We are very happy with the way it cooks, the space in the cooking areas and the access to the oven area. There really is very little extra that we would want from an oven as it has all the features we desire

Date PurchasedOct 2017

perfect!

amazing at cooking and easy to clean. If you're looking for a good thing to use just look at this one because I've never been so happy before. You pay for quality, heats quickly. Cooks well and consistently, has great functions. would definitely recommend purchasing one of these. Pricey but worth while.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Worked well for a few years

I bought this oven 3 years ago and has worked very well. It heated fairly quickly and looks sleek and nice. A few months ago the oven started to heat really slowly and cooking and baking had to be planned a while before starting (to get it to heat up). At first it was good but it just cannot last.

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our product. If you have concerns regarding the performance of the cooker, we would encourage you to have the appliance assessed by an authorised service agent in order to locate the cause of the issue. Please contact our Customer Care team by phone: 1300 556 816 and provide your postcode in order for details to you nearest agent to be supplied.

After 2 years and several repairs - a lemon

We first bought the oven in Dec 2015 and, when it is working, it was great. However, during this time each oven has 'died', and in the largest oven on the right-hand side has needed repair twice. Parts are also an issue - often have to wait eight weeks for a part to arrive from OS. If the next repair does not fix issues it looks like it will be time to evoke consumer guarantee rights under the Australian Consumer Law and ask for a refund or replacement for this unit from Harvey Norman. It is disappointing that our previous 'cheap' ovens have been more reliable and consistent than this purchase.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Quick update: Still waiting 6 months later for the part. We were due to get it repaired, when the reps called to inform us, yet again, that the wrong part had been sent. Maybe another 8 weeks to 6 months - who knows! From the conversations had with the repair people and other owners - it sounds like the majority of the delay in parts comes from the company in Sydney handling these matters. Basically, no stock on hand of parts, massive delays in ordering and having those parts shipped and I am sure that the significant delays work in their favour as the warranty period dissipates.Hey Josh, Can you please send us your contact information via direct message and we will look into this for you. Thanks.Hello, I cannot find an option to direct message you. Unlike a reviewer, which has a private message icon, the same icon does not show for 'Belling Official'. Can you direct message me with your best contact details, please?

Great oven

Great product IMO. Basic tech, but reliable, well made and easy to maintain.
Not sure what the bad reviews would be talking about, haven't experienced any consistent manufacturing issues. They are expensive but have a value range available if you don't want the ultra chunky look.
Great cooking tool and easy to clean.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Don't waste your money.

I feel your pain. Long oven was door not shutting . I got mailed the new magnets as well. Still didn't fix the problem. Then sent out a brace for the inside of the door. Knobs peeling, rust has occurred on the bottom of the door skin. The middle hob works when it wants to. The paint finish is coming off the top of the stove top. We purchased an extended warranty and the hob is covered, but I was informed it had to defective all the time before it can be repaired. The rust and paint peeling we were told is cosmetic and therefore not covered.

Date PurchasedJun 2013

Very good

It easy to use and easy to clean it. Very comfortable use it to cook food. Much better than my last one. Enjoy use it to bakery food! It also good to cook meat and try something new! Love love love love love love this one one one one one

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Hi Emily - Thank you for your review of our product. We very much appreciate your comments!!

BEST EVER OVEN I HAVE BROUGHT

I have wanted this oven for a few years now and we purchased a 12 year old home and decided to put in my dream oven. I now have 3 ovens in one or 2 and a griller (this can be an oven as well)
My favourite features are you can heat up one oven in 5 mins the tall long oven on the right has four shelves it is the one I would use the most. The main oven at the bottom heats up so fast and cooks your food to perfection.I love this oven and if I ever move again I will be buying another one. Everything I have cooked so far has been excellent
I am in my sixties, so I have used a few ovens over my life but this is by far the best ever
Last thing I brought the Red one it gave my cream kitchen the WOW factor.
THANKS BELLING

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi harro 42 - Thank you for your review of our product. We very much appreciate your comments!!

Excellent Range Oven.

We have had the Belling Range oven for just over a year and it is great. The three oven options let us cook a variety of food at the same time and with five gas cookers, including a hot plate, on the stove top, we are spoilt for choice!
We are very happy with our Belling & it really adds to our kitchen aesthetically as well.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Bad service

Had an induction top repair new part $800 plus labour. Have been pleading for a report so I can claim from my insurance. Keep getting passed from Belling approved repairer to Belling and back! Really bad service! i gave up!!! I own 2 Belling one induction one gass I love both but I will think twice if I ever have to replace any of them! Parts are expencive.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Hi Andre - as per our PM conversation, I will forward your concerns to our New Zealand counterparts in order for them to address as appropriate. Unfortunately, given that we are able only to assist in relation to Australian units (and associated service agencies) I am not able to offer further guidance in this instance. My apologies again for any inconvenience caused Danielle on behalf of the team at Belling Australia

See all Belling Richmond 90cm BR900DF reviews