MPN: BOM609CX
See the Best Wall Ovens in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bellini? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed
Andrew C.
Andrew C.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Extremely poor quality

Recently moved into a house that had this "Bunnings special" installed. Within two weeks the lower element failed tripping the circuit breaker, and today the tempered glass front spontaneously exploded.

The internal construction is extremely poor quality and the parts failure rate is a reflection of this.

On the plus side the controls are ergonomic and the grill works well.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Brianna
BriannaSydney, NSW

Glass door exploded

I live in a recently renovated rental property, this oven has only been used for 5 months and the inside glass of the door has exploded. After reading the rest of these reviews it seems that this is a common issue. This product should be banned! DO NOT BUY THIS OVEN.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Other Wall Ovens

Shaunaghb
ShaunaghbVictoria

Oven tripped safety isolator switch on meter board !

Purchased this oven in September 2016 from Bunnings. No real issues except dials are not easy to understand and grease drips between glass on door which looks like a 'sealed' unit. Then yesterday, tried to use oven and it tripped the safety isolator switch in meter board specifically marked as OVEN. Now discover Bellini only offers 2 year warranty-thought under Australian Consumer Law that it would be 5 years as product not fit for the purpose it was intended ??? 4 days out from Christmas so no idea what to do :(

Purchased in September 2016 at Bunnings Warehouse.

EJL
EJLSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very frustrating experience, glass exploded throughout oven

We purchased a 60cm Electric Oven BOM609CX from Bunnings 1 year ago. We have now made our 3rd warranty claim. The first time the fan stopped working, then it wasn’t heating properly and most recently the glass exploded and shattered throughout the oven!!! This is seriously a massive safety issue. The service time has been slow on each claim, parts need to be ordered, the inconvenience with a toddler has been massive and it’s been overall a very frustrating experience. With a week out until Christmas we now have been told we need to wait until the end of January because the oven door is out of stock. We are very dissatisfied and do not recommend this oven. We will never buy Bellini again.

Purchased in December 2019.

Wall Ovens

Find out how Bellini BOM609CX compares to other Wall Ovens

Ian B.
Ian B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Exploding Glass in door

Last night the glass on the oven door exploded in my daughter's rented home. Luckily she and her 3 children had just gone into the lounge and nobody was injured or worse. This appears to be a known problem. Why hasn't this product been banned and the suppliers prosecuted. Every effort should be made to locate existing ovens and replace with a safe unit.

Safety

Exploding door

Just had the oven door explode everywhere, my 2 year old was walking into the kitchen and copped the shards of glass in the face. Cutting her lips, feet and hands. I also have cuts to legs and feet... and a cut where the handle got me. Will be cleaning up glass for months, it's everywhere.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Pip
PipWellington

Door just shattered

Hi there
I just experienced my oven door shattering. I have left a message with Bunnings NZ (where I purchased around 1.5 years ago) to call me in the morning.

I will ring the warranty number but the feedback from the warranty help line is not good.

This is absolutely dangerous and worried about the hobs now.

Will update once I receive a phone call from Bunnings.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021
Tonyc224
Tonyc224Canberra

Never ever again will I buy cheap...

While I purchased this almost 2yrs ago I have never really been happy with it. The oven itself worked ok, however the hinges on the door are fragile and break... And try getting anything out of their after sales service... Stay clear of this product... It came with a kitchen purchased through Bunnings and cheap it was, and cheap we got. All started just out of one yr warranty...

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Other Wall Ovens

iamagirl69
iamagirl69South Australia

Installed this model oven into my rental investment property-nothing but complaints.

I had this product installed into my rental (investment property) some twelve months ago by the builder, only to be inundated with complaints from the tenants. It seems you need a step by step guide book, on how to work the damn thing? It also has a nasty habit of shutting off after only short periods of time (between ten and 15 minutes usually) which makes cooking anything over a longer time period, a lesson in futility. Ended up having the electrician pull out the damn thing and replace it with another brand wall oven (Miele) which the tenant(s) now rave about. I would not waste any money purchasing this product. It looks good, but that is about where the positives end!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Wall Ovens

Find out how Bellini BOM609CX compares to other Wall Ovens

Madeline
MadelineSydney, NSW

Exploding Glass

Had the oven installed two weeks ago. Two days later while cooking two chicken breasts, the oven door suddenly exploded shattering glass everywhere. It was the internal glass panel but it blew the glass out and bent the door. I'm so annoyed that this happened but grateful that my grand children weren't standing there at the time. Bunnings immediately paid me back and I've bought a Westinghouse oven now. Bunnings also paid for the new installation. I have not had any apology from Bunnings or compensation or heard anything from head office, just the Kirrawee branch that I bought it from. I'm also disgusted that they're still selling them. This is disgusting. I'm thinking of going to the newspapers about this.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017