Bendigo Bank

Bendigo Bank (page 2 of 11)

Branches and Online

Beware of this bank which just scams its customers

I had a home loan with a smaller bank refinanced to bendigo bank. I was told the only way to get equity out was to transfer from a home loan to business loan. The rate was 0.2% higher and everything else was the same. I agreed. About 4 years passed after getting the loan and everything was fine. The property value had tripled, I never missed a payment, and then out of the blue the new bank manager told me that I was supposed to have submitted my tax returns for those 4 years and the bank had accidently not told me, they just assumed I would know that since it was vaguely written in the contract. I no longer had the company so couldn't submit any documents. They raised the rate to almost 10% (from 5%) overnight, meaning I had to somehow find almost double the mortgage payment on a single income. My 50 hour work week I almost doubled, almost 100 hours a week to keep on top of the payments. 3 years have passed and despite going through 3 different bank branches, complaint centers etc, bendigo bank has yet to resolve the issue. I've had to resort to legal action as their banking process is beyond 3rd world and corrupt. I say stay away from the bank. They are cheats, liars and scammers!

People are just so friendly at Bendigo

I've been with Bendigo bank for 5 years now and they are such a great team. Everytime I go there the team is always so friendly and always offer to help me with learning how to save properly and giving me tips and tricks on how to get a better percentage rate. I've loterally never had a bad experience there, no matter what bank I go to. I've found them very reliable and the customer service is just exceptional.

New Website

The new website is a disaster. It is difficult to navigate and when you ring customer support for assistance you waste endless time as they try to navigate it. It would be the worst banking site I have have to use in my business..

Good bank, terrible interface changes to online banking.

I've been with the Bendigo Bank for many years, after it first opened. I have found them good and reliable with ATMs to be found in most places. I felt confident using their online services to pay all my bills however they have introduced a completely new interface that is a giant step backwards. Past payments no longer provide the dates payments were paid and it seems as though the number of Bpay are limited. I have been paying off a gas bill that wasn't reflected in the bills I was getting and was threatened with legal action only to discover that it was an older customer number. Bendigo had removed the active customer number account with their new dumbed down interface. Seriously BB, the system you had worked perfectly fine and was far superior to this new dumbed down system. Now it's just broken. No dates shown for past payments...seriously BB!

The peoples buissness bank

We have had a buissness account with the bendigo bank for 7 years we have never been over drawn in this period ,we turn over around $ 280.000.00 per year.the rain has affected our abilty to finish our works,we ask for a $5000.00 overdaft (temporary) up to the middle of February 2019 , the answer was we cant do that apply for a credit card we dont have any credit cardsso in desporation we apply for a $ 5000.00 credit card and guess what they knock us back.Even though our figuers show a turnover ok f $185.000.00 for 5 months and a estimated profit of $47.000.00 for the period ,and not to say we dont have any credit cards at all we have a impeccable credit rating that will stand to any scrutiny .Seriously dont put you money into this truly incompitent bank and they should stop the false claims that they are the small business bank.

Shocking online banking platform

The new online banking platform is a horror story. After 20 years with the Bank I am actually thinking of leaving. The old platform was streamlined, simple and clear. Now it is cluttered, full of symbols/pictures and looks like it was designed by a 12 year old girl for other 12 year old girls. For the first time in my life, I am actually making mistakes with my transactions. The pages are so busy and spread out that I am picking the wrong things to click on. Why did you do this Bendigo?????? The Banking that I used to be able to knock off once a week in a couple of hours now takes me three times as long.

Thought I'd been scammed

Customer service put me at ease when I was thinking I had been scammed. Thank you Bendigo bank you are the best.

SMSF

If you are a financial planner you could open an SMSF for your clients with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank and receive commission through an internediary agreement. This bank is known to accept forged forms and does not even protect your money from being stolen by your financial planner! They don't even seek authorisation from you before the transaction takes place either.

Love the safety etoken

Bendigo bank is great, they transfer payments early, there secure system for transferring people funds is quick, easy and very secure. We wouldn't be with any other.

new online "experience" very unfriendly cannot work out how to manage my payments... 8-S

No idea how to use the new online banking experience, cannot find any instructions anywhere on how to use it... apart from some interactive garbage... cannot access the online support as they are all "busy taking other calls"... very user unfriendly ... brought this up late last year via online message and the patronising reply pretty much implied...too bad...classic is going... get used to the new system...

Absolute garbage

Been with bendigo bank for about 20years. Never had any problems with online banking before now. How this joke got approved is beyond me. Payments I haven't used in a decade are still there, payments I make every month have gone. Seriously I'm not a programmer but I could make a better program than this steaming pile of crud. Will be looking for a new bank asap.

The worst experience with banking!!! Unfriendly manager and useless!

Manager is very unfriendly and very condescending when he speaks to me with his tone of voice.

Noone seem to know the basic process. We tried to pay off the fixed interest rate part of out split loan. Ask the bank manager at Picton branch for a payout figure and he replied " I cant help you with that, you need to call the 1300 number". I So I did and got the payout figure which was not accurate and ended up having surplus. After instructed to go into any branch to get it closed, I called up a different branch to double check if I can come in to do that which they said "no" because I havent pay off the loan. I told them there should be a surplus so they check and and came back to me with the bad news. " sorry, unfortunately because you have a surplus and no account link to it, we cant close the loan".

So after spoken to a few people, and Parramatta branch was quite helpful, they contacted the loan department and get the information for me which emailed to the Picton branch. I was told to fill out a discharge form for the account to be closed. But before the discharge form was completed and sent in the loan account automatically closed with my surplus was taken out with out any warning about when and where it has gone.

I do not think they can take the money out of my account and charge me a discharge fee without out my consent but they did.

new ebank plattform is a mess

Have been with bendigo bank for over10 years use to like using there e-banking (old classic version) it wassimple easyto use ...new ebankig is confusing cant find anything my payee list half is not thee ...think will be changing my pay into INGDirect if this does not improve.

Robbed me blind

The Bendigo Bank expected this and they deserve every last bit of venom I can muster. Although the customer service side of the operation at Maroochydore was always efficient and friendly. However, the management let them down to such a point that I hated them. I'd been a good customer for 25 years, until something went wrong. I tried to explain that my drink was spiked in Ukraine and I lost my credit cards. I blocked the cards immediately upon release from hospital. The only place the PIN was stored was in my head. The thief that used my card did so with my pin. To this day, I will never know how this happened. The bank obviously had more idea than I did. Starting with the manager at Maroochydore, the State manager and everyone else above all declined my application for compensation because my pin had been used. I had no idea what had been purchased until the Bendigo came up with the purchase agreement. The purchase was for gold necklace and other electronic equipment. They knew at Maroochydore that the only thing I ever wore was a watch and I had no room to bring home any electronic equipment. They also knew that I had to leave without paying my hotel bill. They knew that when I woke after having my drink spiked, I was tied to the bed. All this time, the thief was having a spending spree with my credit card. They hid behind this convenient pin usage and were certain that I must have disclosed the pin number. To add insult to injury, I tried to organise an emergency card and the Bendigo assured me it would arrive before I left the hotel. Needless to say, they didn't get it to me and when I spoke to Visa, they advised that Bendigo had only just got the request to them and I had no chance of getting a replacement card. The incompetence of this organisation is astounding. I am now with a bank that wanted my account, give me great service and helped me transfer all of my money, direct debits and credits without any fuss. Leaving the Bendigo Bank was most satisfying. It was like getting a weight lifted from around my neck or scraping excrement from the sole of my shoe. Good riddance.

Terrible Experience with credit card

I applied for credit card online and requested for $3500 credit limit. I have monthly surplus income of $5000 so I thought shouldn't be any issue getting this card. My application was rejected by their automated system.

I reached out to their customer advocate team to seek clarification on rejection however they didn't reply for 6 days. When I followed up via phone, I was advised that they forgot to respond to my email due to staff training issue. Great!

I was advised that my application was rejected due to no. of credit enquiries on my credit file. They suggested to re-apply in branch where their staff has discretion to consider my application but online staff works within given stated policy.

This new application will result in new credit enquiry. It is a complete joke that their branch staff can work out of credit policy and make exemptions but online staff won't budge.

Stay away from these jokers with flawless systems and policies.

Service Service Service

Have been with Bendigo for 10 years. Bendigo makes my life easy. The people are great and the branches exist where I need them. The internet banking has been trouble-free.

Old Fashioned Banking

My mother has been using this Bank for a number of years and I have taken over control of her accounts since she went into a care facility. I find the staff friendly (not wanting me to use the ATM outside) and nothing too much trouble. Today I needed to ring the Bank of Bendigo, East Ringwood, and to my surprise I found the telephone number on the internet and even more surprising was actually answered by the Bank Manager herself. An excellent branch and after talking to my husband will be transferring from the NAB to The Bank of Bendigo,

New e-banking platform is a mess

I use e-banking to manage my 4 accounts using the Classic style, which is uncluttered and works well on my PC.
The new design platform is too spaced out with stupid icons etc.
I wrote to the bank 3 times and they said it was better because it makes ebanking more pleasant!!
The platform looks like something out of Playschool.
After all banking is about numbers, and some text.
Their so called pleasant look is just opening the door to more errors.
They have lost the plot!

Can't pay anyone anything.

Every time I try to at a new payee their stupid system won't allow me to do it. You have to download a 3rd party app then ring them up and confirm a code. You get stuck on hold forever! I switch between phones a lot which causes me to be unable to ever pay anyone any money. If you want ease of banking do not go with Bendigo.
I've put in numerous complaints about their stupid system but never get any help. After 15 years with them I just can't handle it anymore and it is time to move on.

Not sure id go back

Banked with bendigo for around 2.5 years - motrgage only
the rates in the end where not so competible
customer service was on and off - staff tell you different things and they often want you to go into a branch which isnt easy when you work an office job yourself to get down there
they also charge hefty monthly account fees $20 per month on each account