Bepanthen Ointment

Bepanthen Ointment

See the Best Baby Skincare Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bepanthen? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.3
Sim1here
Sim1hereSydney, NSW

Bepanthan

The Bepanthan ointment is quite efficient in providing a barrier in preventing nappy rash. It's reduced redness and prevents twos from sticking to babies bits. It comes in various sizes and the tube makes it quite easy to apply to a wiggly worm.

Purchased in February 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store.

Not too bad

I snatched my stomache due to the belt making me itch so I went to the chemist and bought some benthanthim and found it pretty good at settling down the itch so I bought some more after development of a heat rash and found bentanthum quite soothing at a rapid rate

brian

Not as good as the original bantham cream though

LynNortheast, VIC

A GREAT TRIED AND TESTED PRODUCT HAS STOOD THE TEST OF TIME

It is great to see this product is still on the market after 27 years.
I used Bepanthen on my babies bottoms and it cleared it up in a couple of days.
I also used it in my nipples when they were chaffed and raw from the baby sucking, it really helped.

Dee
DeeSydney

Great for nappy rash!

I'm a FTM! I tried this product after revving a few recommendations. It had cleared up my babies ugly nappy rash within one day and since iv been using it everyday!!! It's amazing and you can't go wrong with trying it out! Sudocream is good however this works wonders for bad nappy rash,
Inexpensive, works well, reliable
Not available most places

Harley006
Harley006NSW, 2233

Great product for irritable skin

A product that works on nappy rash and irritating skin. Only a small amount is needed and sooths the rash instantly. My daughter suffers from eczema and this cream has helped her immensely. A must buy for parents of kids with nappy rash and/or irritable skin. Only needed to be applied sporadically.
Inexpensive, reliable, happy baby!

craftymumma
craftymummaQLD, 4055

Good

This is a fairly good nappy cream and is an effective water barrier. I would use this more to prevent nappy rash, rather than to treat it. It has a pleasant smell and is gentle on the skin, so I do like to have some around the house.
This cream will last a long time on the nappy change shelf! You don't need very much of it and it is a very effective barrier cream, so it will prevent nappy rash from occuring.
It is a little too oiley for my liking, as I prefer Sudocreme for nappy changes. If you use oiley nappy creams with cloth nappies or modern cloth nappies, it can be harder to wash them.

jd8
jd8

Good

I needed a good nappy rash cream so after reading reviews on different creams, I was totally won over with this product so I went out and bought one..good thing it was on special! I recommend buying this product as it treats the nappy rash very quickly..worth buying!
The healing process is quick which is great! It's safe for everyday use and the tube lasts a long time as you only need a dab of cream.
When you smear the cream on to skin, it feels quite thick and pastey. Quite expensive cream to treat a babys bottom!

The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-baby-product-awards-for-2020
katherbig
katherbig

Good

Bepanthen has been fantastic for us and I have happily recommended it to many people. Even when the redness/rash was due to food allergy, it made a significant reduction in the redness.
Very effective. Smells fine. Smooths on easily (not too thick). Lots of recommendations from friends. Trusted brand. We got a little sample tube in our bounty bag with bub arrived. Available at the supermarket.
Only seems to be available in a very large tube. (fine for home, not so good for nappy bag). Because it is in a metal tube, where the tube is bent often has developed cracks. We have only used a small portion of the tube (it lasts ages!) but might have to throw it out?!

heytherek
heytherek

Good

I like this product and it does really work when your baby has a nappy rash. I have used it off and on over the past year or so and it is very easy to apply and use. It has a nice feel and texture about it. A bigger packet size would be an improvement.
It is a great cream that is not too thick and spreads really easily. It is good for very delicate baby skin and helps to make baby comfortable when a rash has developed.
Sometimes you can go through the tube quite quickly and it does not come in a big enough packet.

OPL09
OPL09

Good

A effective cream, not too thick and easy to spread. We changed to a different brand because of the tube spliting but miss the consistency of this cream.
Easy to put on. Pleasant fragance. Seems to work in preventing nappy rash and fixing up irritation when it starts
The metal tube tends to split- so you don't end up using the whole tube.

careypayne
careypayneQLD, 4670

Good

This product is easy to find in just about any supermarket or chemist. It works really well and it smells nice. It rubs into the skin and doesn't leave any residue. It helps with nappy rash but seems to take a little while to actually work - maybe a couple of days. But it is a good product and we will definitely keep buying it. Can be used for things other than nappy rash - rashes on arms and legs from dry skin and carpet rash.
Easy to use, smells nice, applies well. Readily available.
Not much - might take a few days to work but seems to be ok.

katty_murt
katty_murtNorth Queensland, QLD

Good

Have been using this cream before bub was born. Is also great for sore nipples and other skin problems. rashes etc. Love the product but if its too costly, would maybe recommend cheaper products that do te same thing. Excellent product. Highly recommended.
Great for babies rash, no oily residue and cleans up the rash quite quickly. You can use this cream for ANY skin problem and comes in VERY handy around the house
There are some other nappy rash creams that do the same thing for less cost. Product is expensive for the tiny tubes you get

royboy999
royboy999

Good

We initially used this to soothe a rash on our baby's face which worked quickly in reducing the redness and restoring the skin. And now we also use when he gets a nappy rash. Such a useful cream, if only it came in a flip top lid.
It works in soothing bubs rash. Smooth formula without residue.
Has a screw lid which is difficult to undo with one hand.

EmmaF
EmmaFAustralia

Good

overall, i'm happy with this product. we haven't had to use it too much, but it has helped with the few occassions we've had bad nappy rash. it doesn't have a yucky smell which is great.... could have a nice smell to make it more appealing i s'pose, but it does the job its meant to and thats the main thing. hubby swears by it for his tatoos as well.
has been great at reducing bubs nappy rash, like that it sinks straight into the skin so leaves no residue on him.
flip lid would be better.... a twist off cap means two hands.... bub has time to roll over and away from me.... frustrating....

Rosemel L
Rosemel Lasked

can i use bepanthen for my daughters pimples?

Izzie
Izzieasked

Does anyone know if bepanthen does anything to ingrown warts?

Taylah C
Taylah C

I highly doubt it but I’ve heard tea tree oil is good. Google some natural remedies :) goodluck

Grumpyasked

I have been given Bepanthen Nappy Rash ointment for very dry and sun damaged skin on the forehead and face, is it able to be used for this problem?

Lyn

I can't see why not, just don't go out in the sun with it on as it may help sunburn you because of the oil content.
If you really want something for dry skin buy Coles Aloe Vera Gel with Green tea and for an excellent skin repair buy 'JERGENS Ultra Healing Moisturiser' from Woolworths, they are both brilliant products.

Grumpy

Thanks Lyn for your reply. I will give the cream a try and the other two that you mentioned sound really good also.

Lyn

Jergens l came across by accident, something different sitting on the shelf of the chemist.
I was booked into the doctor to have a growth removed by my doctor which he had previously tried to burn off twice before, l thought it can't hurt tp try this new cream on it so l put a little dob

• GTIN13: 9310041901916