Berlei

Berlei

See the Best Underwear Shops & Brands in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Kaye

KayePeel, WA

Poor quality

Have been buying the same berlei barely there bra for years. The quality has deteriorated. Even though I drip dry and use a lingerie bag to wash them the underwire has fallen out after only a few washes . Will be re thinking my next purchase

Store LocationBonds

Pebs

PebsSydney, NSW

Total Disappointment

I have been very happy with bereli bras even buying them for other family members. However, after buying several bras model no: YYN7 sports bras, I have noticed they have become discolored & material near bra hooks is wearing thin, holes in material. Bras also get bad smell to them.

Sizing Very large
Delphine

Delphine

shocking bras that used to be good

I recently bought 4 barley there berlei bras, not only was the 16d on all 4 of them a hit and miss, two being smaller than the other 2.
basically they are now garbage, threw them in the bin, never had such ill fitting bras with such a high price tag.
noticed the made in Indonesia on the label, Im guessing they are made for pittance and a highly inflated price tag gets attached.
They used to be the best bras you could get, never buying again.

Sizing Very small
Product Appearance Not as advertised
Store Locationberlei on ebay
Therese

ThereseMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Only bra I wear

I have been wearing the Berlei Barley There Contour Bra for years and get them in a few colours (I'm a 10DD). They don't show under clothing and are very comfortable. I have to put them on the tightest clip at the time of purchase and a smaller size like an 8DD would be best. After about 6 months the fabric colour fades and they get fluffy under the armpits from wear but last a lot longer anyway. Last time they rubbed around the back strap but after about 2 washes it stopped.

Store LocationHarris Scarfe

Leisa

LeisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed

I purchased a lift and shape mesh bra. After wearing 3 times and washing, in a bra bag, the cups stretched and it no longer provides the support I need for E cup breasts

Store LocationOnline

judy59

judy59Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Two bras lasted 3-4 months

Both bras are badly made. Wire broke and punctured my skin.other the strap cannot hold the fingers trying the latch your clasps and get weak and make a hole. They need to address the design

August 7th 2019 Update: Bad customer service

Take so long to reply to your message. Credit given of $40 when I spent $90 on two bras that did not even last 2 months. Really bad customer experience. Wires broke and pierced my skin other one back strap was weak

Product Appearance Not as advertised
Store LocationBerlei online

Ros

RosSydney, NSW

Wires poking out after only a few wears

I have been wearing Berlei bras for about 15 years and have always been happy with their quality and longevity. I bought some new ones last year and after only 3 months the wires have poked through the fabric and the sharp ends were sticking into me. I e-mailed them and they told me to take it back to the shop where I bought it with my receipt which unfortunately I no longer have. I'll never buy Berlei bras again.

Store LocationMyer

Oneandonly

OneandonlyBrisbane

Poor Customer Service

After only a few months one of my bras started falling apart so I emailed Berlei customer service, hoping they would replace it. Instead I was given a $30 credit but the bra costs $70 so it in now way covers a replacement. Won’t be buying from Berlei again!!!

Tania

TaniaBrisbane

Amazing comfort

I have never felt such comfort so comfortable just amazing. Very easy to buy online. Lovely fabric fits perfect and I have a fake breast so really happy.

Suzyq

SuzyqSydney

Quality has definitely deteriorated

I've always worn the barely there bras for many years, I overlooked the last problem with the last three I bought ( wire poked through only after two or threes wears) and bought two more recently, the fit of the latest bras are slightly different (smaller) and the material is thinner so the support isn't there for a 16D bra. I will not be buying Berlei anymore and feel the price is not in line with the quality offered. Why would you change what was great to an inferior product! Many people I know are saying the same thing and I'm happy to discuss this further,

and this

Do NOT buy from Berlei

Do not buy from this dodgy company! 2 months later I am still waiting on 2 bras I sent back for an exchange. I have called, emailed, called again, emailed again and have heard nothing! When I did get through it sounded like I was speaking with a 16 year old who had no idea what she was doing, I was told I was getting a refund... that was a month ago.

There are so many better brands out there with great customer service. Steer clear of this pathetic company.

Terrible service. Dont waste your money.

nicky14

nicky14Peel, WA

Worst online company ever

Purchased 2 bras, upon arrival 1 did not fit, got a return number from Berlei and prompty sent item back for a larger size. Almost 3 months later I have not received the replacement. All attempts to get in contact with this company have failed. They do not reply to case numbers or emails. I am out of pocket but they really don't care. Avoid at all costs. They were once a reputable company but now they have been taken over by Bonds they are beyond awful. This was the only bra brand I would ever purchase but now I will be finding a replacement that does not steal customers money. I will be forwarding matters to Australian consumer protection shortly. Out of the thousands of online purchases I have made, this is the worst!

Still waiting

Still waitingBrisbane

Frustrated and braless

Sharon

SharonAshburton

Online ordering is terrible

I can't get anyone to respond to my 5 queries since 20/4/2018, because I want to return one ill-fitting bra, and I bought underwear in 2/for deal, only received one pair. I will never order with them again. The service is the worst I have ever had.

Quality of Berlei has gone off

I agree with a similar review I read today, I am 67 and have "always" bought Berlei bras but the quality has gone off, are they only designed now to last about a year and no more? Mine are falling apart and I always wash them in a laundry bag. I need to buy more bras but now asking myself why pay more for a brand name if the quality is not there. I'm thinking of paying less, perhaps a Target brand or K-mart which should last about the same time for half the price. Disappointed as they are a comfortable bra but quality no longer there.

Joanne L

Joanne LPerth

Comfortable Undies, Will Buy Again!

My first time buying undies from Berlei and they did not disappoint. They're so comfy and the fabric is great quality as well. Their sports bras are also really supportive.

Leila

LeilaMelbourne

Great bra, very bad service!!

Bad online service

Exchanged an order, but wanted to get a refund eventually .

But the on line service staff was saying "need to receive the exchanged order , and then send back again, asking for refund . And they haven't sent out the order yet.

Not efficient at all .

Very comfortable bra ever! i used to have a shoulder and back pain but the first day i wear it i fel

i used to have a shoulder and back pain but the first day i wear it i felt light feeling of my back.I can tell the quality is very good.try it AND YOU will see it to yourself.It fits really well to me.

Nina

Ninaasked

Has anyone else had their order simply cancelled because apparently since the order was made all the stock has suddenly run out?

MustangShelby
MustangShelby

I purchased my bras from my local David Jones. Sorry i can't help there.

rose

roseasked

Has anyone experienced skin iritation with berlie minimiser bras?

Marcey

Yes I am going insane with two I purchased in june! Itchy at the back all the time whie wearing it! Only relieves by not wearing it on a rare day off! Have worn this type of bra for 20 + years no problems! I paid 150 dollors for the two and am really suspect they may be made of something bad now?

cuc vo

cuc voasked

I recently bought two Berlei strapless bra from Myer, i wore one but the moment i wore that i got really ichy and red where the silicon strips were, i tried it again one more time but it happen again. I told the lady who works at Myer what happened, she asked me to put baby powder before i wear it but i am scared to try it again. I still have receipt, am i allow to exchange to a different strapless bra? because i need to to wear it next week for an important event.

Justine17
Justine17

I would return the bra. I work in retail in high management. Simply say you are dissatisfied with the product or it is faulty and they will issue you with a refund. I have heard powder can be effective but maybe try another brand. Sometimes worth paying a bit more for such specialised products.

Get an answer from our members and Berlei representatives