Bernina 700D

Bernina 700D

See the Best Sewing Machines & Overlockers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Amelyn

Amelyn

A great overlocker!

This overlocker was given to me as a gift. It is the base model of Bernina's overlockers. It is a very sturdy machine, I have found it to be very reliable. It has consistent stitching, does not come unthreaded easily, and once you get the hang of it, is easy to use.
The only annoying thing is that the differential feed dial and stitch length dial are both inside the casing, so not as easy to adjust as higher models.
Sturdy, reliable.
Hard to access differential feed and stitch length dials.

loulou121Vic, 3810

Easy to use and sews well

I love this overlocker! It was the first that I bought and I couldn't be happier. I've had it for 4 years now and I have not had a problem with it in that time, and I use it on a weekly basis. I find that as long as I pay attention to threading it up correctly it sews perfectly. Any problems that I've had with sewing I can totally attribute to human error; that it, me doing something wrong! The manual is easy to understand and the machine itself it easy to operate. The threading is colour coded which makes it very easy.
Easy to operate; Good Price; Sews really well.

bargearseSydney, NSW

There must be better

I have never liked this machine very much because it malfunctions for no reason. You can be making perfect seams on ordinary knit fabric and then suddenly, it'll stop sewing & the thread will get stuck and bunched up in the metal plate. You'll then waste the next hour having to extract the caught thread and then have to rethread the machine even though there is no evidence to suggest it is not threaded properly. At least the machine is pretty easy to thread but I'm with the other reviewer that you need extra light to do so. I'm in the market for something new and won't be replacing this with another Bernina.
Easy to thread
Malfunctions for no reason

Anna Rovensky

Anna RovenskySurabaya

Bernina 800DL overlocker

Liza H

Liza Hasked

My overlocker was working fine. But now it is working slower and slower. What is wrong?

bargearse

Tough to say really. Maybe it needs a service or perhaps something with the motor? Mine is still going but occasionally hungry and chews fabric.

soniabb47

soniabb47asked

Hi i got a 700D but i lost the book ..i forgot how to set the stitches can u help me please

bargearse

Hi there - Try this link for the manual: https://www.bernina.com/en-AU/SupportData/BERNINA-Nah-und-Stickmaschinen/Overlocker/Manuals/700D-800DL/Instruction-Manual-700D_800DL_EN_DE_FR_ES.

loulou121

Here's another link for a copy of the manual - Good Luck! https://www.manualslib.com/manual/447345/Bernina-700d.html

LJ03

LJ03asked

Is it a loud machine?

bargearse

I don't find it loud really but I've never had really expensive quiet machines so I'm used to a bit of noise.

Get an answer from our members and Bernina representatives

CategorySewing Machines & Overlockers