Bernina Aurora 440QE

Bernina Aurora 440QE Questions & Answers

12 questions from our users

Cheryl

Cherylasked

I am going to make a fusion quilt and want to take the squares with me into hospital, to crochet around them. Something to do whilst recovering. How can I Blanket Stitch around the edges [1/4” in] using my Bernini 440 Quilter? Been a while on the shelf and I need tutoring in the setting up of the blanket stitch to give me 14 loops along each edge for crocheting. Can someone help me out?

CHone

CHoneasked

Where can I buy a stitch card for my Bernina Aurora 440 QE please? I think in Melbourne.

Sueasked

I am looking at buying an Aurora 440Quilters Edition Bernina, approx 7 years old. Very good condition, always serviced. Could you tell me what I should expect to pay? Sue.

Barbara F.
Barbara F.

Hi Sue, I’m just wondering the same question. What is this particular worth second hand???
Need to know what is the right price to pay, cheers Barbara

Sue

Hi Barbara, I posted this 7months ago but didn’t get a response. I have since bought the machine for $1,000. I spoke with the guy who serviced it last and he said he would ask $1;200. This would come with a warranty from the store. My machine come with a lot of extras, different feet including the BSR which I was told is quite expensive. It is a lovely machine, I don’t think I got a bargain but I am very happy with it. I guess it depends if it has been looked after and had it,s servicings regularly. Hope this has been helpful, Sue.

125TMZ

125TMZasked

Where can I purchase a “needle threader” for my 440.
It is the inbuilt device that pulls down and swings around the needle.
I am in Caloundra Qld Au.

Marilyn

Marilynasked

I was sewing with my machine, the machine started to stitch backward , so I stop sewing. When I started to sew the machine would not work. The power was on but, the foot pedal did not respond. What did I do wrong?

Aub

Aubasked

Can't get my Bernina 440QE to sew numbered stitches on the card. Please help.

Have you been helped?
Press the hash if you choose a stitch with 2 digits.

Press the hash for a while longer until you see a one; then add the remaining 2 digits for a 3 digit number.

Patchyrose

Patchyroseasked

What is the hook on the front left hand side for?

Jessica

You can buy a magnifying glass set that attaches there

rose

roseasked

the top thread is showing on the bottom of my quilt ..why? I am only sewing straight lines colour on the top and black on the bottom... have changed tension on the top and I am using gutermann thread can't fix it any ideas please regards Roseamary

bumbazonke
bumbazonke

Have you tried to thread your bobbin cotton through the eye if the bobbin, and use a walking foot. Hopebthis helps...

Felicia Cinexi barosa

Felicia Cinexi barosaasked

got sick 7 years ago and now want to get back to sewing but can't remember how to change stiches. How do I get to zig zag and put it back to normal? Please help....thank you.

Josephine1348
Josephine1348

Felicia, Hi,

I am so sorry, but Ii cannot help. I sold the Bernina quiet some time ago, and can't remember how to make this change. I would suggest phoning a Bernia shop or going to Peg's Pieces in Sutherland as they sell Berninas and give lessons. Pehaps a phone call to them would help.

merinda.tuohey

merinda.tuoheyasked

I have the Bernina 440e and can not remember how to get the blanket stich on it to do applique?HELP please. Merinda

Jessica

There are 2 types of blanket stitches, #45 and 46. The only difference is 46 is a thicker stitch, which will look more like its been hand appliqued. If you cant remember how to get to number 45 on your machine (or 46), Just look at buttons with 1-9 (blue buttons ) on the right hand side of your machine. Underneath button number 7 is a white button with a # over the top. Press that, then press button 4 then 5 (or 6).
If you want to get to the stiches that have 3 digit references (for example stitch number 146), Hold that white button with the # until the number 1 appears on the screen then key the remaining two digits ( so for 146, you would then press 4 then 6)
Hope this helps.

PellaQuilterasked

When were the last Bernina Sewing Machines made in Switzerland?
Where are they presently made. I was told that my 440QE was Swiss made in 2011 however nothing on the machine says Swiss made.

Jessica

I dont know when they were last made in Switzerland or where they are currently made, but on the front of my bernina 440qe, on the front of the machine, it says "aurora 440
Bernina" then in smaller red writing underneath that it states "made in Switzerland"
Hope this helps.

Antoinette C

Definitely made in Switzerland.
Bernette made elsewhere- I think Thailand- or China
Bernina the only sewing brand not taken over by the Chinese

PellaQuilter

All of the Bernina Aurora 440QE, as well as all other 400 series Aurora and the Artista 600 series, were made in Switzerland. I believe that the newer machines are manufactured in Taiwan except possibly the 880. My 820 was Swiss made.

jen

jenasked

My QE440 buzzes when I turned it on, after not using it for several months, unplugged for 1 month. It's only 2 yrs. old, not a lot of use. Checked and recheck outlets, and plugs...no change. Buzzes while machine stitches.

Annette
Annette

Is your bobbin winder still engaged?