Bestjet.com

Bestjet.com (page 3 of 51)

Listing monitored by Bestjet.com

• Trip Completed Yes (3) · No (2)
  • Ease of Booking
Chuba
ChubaSouth Australia

Cancelled the booking

Bought tickets on 8/12/18 and found out two days ago from the airline company that the ticketing agency (Bestjet) had cancelled my booking. In the message from the Airline Company they mentioned that the strange email that I received from Bestjet on Sunday 23 December 2018 "was unauthorised and is under investigation by the company’s administrators".
The most informative web resource I found is https://finance.nine.com.au/2018/12/20/12/31/bestjet-budget-travel-collapse-customer-complaints with explanation what happened and what to do next.
Good luck to everyone who has suffered from bestjet getting the money back!

Everything people say is true

Millypilly
MillypillySouth East Queensland, QLD

Nervous moment

When I first read the email from Bestjet I thought it was a hoax. I did a quick online search and realised the horrible truth. I booked my flight with SIngapore Airlines to the UK in early October. I emailed their customer service and received an email saying my ticket is still valid. It will be a nervous time until I’m on the flight in June. I really feel for those poor people who had their money taken when the company knew it was going bankrupt. This was my first and last experience with Skyscanner, next time I’ll buy direct from the Airline.

Sad
SadHunter Region, NSW

Big regret

We booked in September with them luckily our ticket was paid for and has been confirmed with Thai Airways and are due to fly in April 2019.
I just got off the phone with Thai Airways and they said that we have no problem as we booked with the old owners of bestjet, as they received an email from the administrators. All airlines should have received the same email. I suggest you contact your airlines again.
All recent bookings are the problem.
The lesson is to book through a travel agent as we will do for all trips we go on from now on.
Feel very sorry for the innocent people caught up in this mess and hope you can get your money back.

Anun
AnunPerth

Dodgy company, finally in liquidation, but at what cost?

Bought tickets on 14 Nov, paid, got booking confirmation from emirates. Today (23 Dec) tried online check in, had problems, called emirates only to be told the booking was never ticketed and was cancelled on 21 Nov!
The company went into liquidation on 20 Dec, but those cancellations were done far before that. This shows the company management intentions very clear!
This is not a company going bust, this is fraud! Continued after ownership changed on 5 Nov.. I wonder how such a company was allowed to operate after that many issues.

Bestjet and virgin Australia

Was good

I booked my tickets August 6th I received my e-ticket same day, my flight with Singapore Airline on 17 jan. I was worried about my flight I call Singapore Airline and confirmed my flights also picked my seats so I'm safe good luck every 1

JAD
JAD

Absolute morons

Always been a rort of a company. Other than all the poor current ripped off customers, Bestjet being in administration is the best Xmas news ever! Good riddance to an absolute turd of a business with greedy selfish untrustworthy owners/operators. Now ban the wife indefinitely...like the husband was.

Ashbyinoz
AshbyinozPort Macquarie

Bestjet cancelled our tickets

Marea
MareaRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Action Group for Bestjet Fiasco

There is an Action Group formed on FB for all of us that have been affected by this Fraud of Bestjet
It is a closed group so if anyone would like to join
Please send a request on Bestjet Fiasco Action Group

Sharowar
SharowarPerth

Bestjet collapsed and their unprofessional customer service.

jezabell
jezabellleichhardt

Lied about refund

shock!

I have used Bestjet many times and had some amazing deals. I had no idea they were shonky as I've recommended Bestjet to friends. I hope that most customers get their flights or money back. Thankful that I didn't have any current reservations but I very nearly did.

A bit worried

I wake up this morning with an unpleasant e mail which notify me regarding the current situation with bestjet upon receiving e mail I decided to contact the direct airline they confirmed that my ticket are booked and sent me an email to verify the information which I felt so relief hence I made the booking in early October however I still felt uneasy about the situation.
I feel for all those travellers who had their tickets cancelled.

Jev
JevBrisbane

Same as everyone else. Received e-ticket but it got cancelled without our knowledge.

Pretty much same as everyone else. We made 2 bookings. Received our etickets for first lot booked at the end of October. Called up airline and apparently it got cancelled and refunded. Our second booking at the end of November we never even received etickets for. Received the Bestjet ALERT email yesterday.... in shambles right now. Need a central location where we can all discuss how to go about this.

UPDATE: thanks for your help everyone. I've contacted my bank to request a charge back.

Find out how Bestjet.com compares to other Booking Services

E-tickets got cancelled without my knowledge!!!

The booking was made on 25th of October, 2018. Had to send an email to remind them and to get it confirmed after 4 days. Got even the e-tickets. It was all paid. But recently they canceled the bookings and got the refund from airlines without notifying me. Is it not a criminal act? They have gone under liquidations is not my problem. They should either honour the ticket or refund ASAP. But, apparently they are non-reachable. They don’t exist anymore.

Bill Gupta
Bill GuptaNorthcote

Paid monies did not get e ticket Airlines Cancelled.

Booked with Bestjet on 4 Dec for travel in May 2019 and paid in full by Credit Card for travel in Emirates andvtill date did not get tickets. Received an email today to cobtact airlines for non cancellation of tickets if we received e ticket. Contacted Airlines who mentioned that ticket was cancelled on 11 Dec 2018. Bestjet phones are not responding. So lodging dispute with Bank to reverse the transaction since Bestjet did not fulfill their obligations to issue ticket and committed a fraud while they were trading before they went into administration.

Coley
ColeyMelbourne

Bestjet liquidation airline unable to guarantee validity of booking for May 2019!

Just found out today that Bestjet under liquidation. Have flights booked with Emirates for next May. Contacted airline and they have confirmed they have my booking but feeling very uneasy about the whole situation as airline have advised that they cannot guarantee the validity of the booking. :(

Javed
JavedWEST RYDE

Can they cancel our confirmed ticket after they have gone into liquidation??

Hi all, i confirmed with the airlines they have confirmed my ticket but also adviced that they won't be able to honour the ticket if the agent cancel them from their end in future.

So is it possible for bestjet tocancel ticket after they have gone in liquidation???

Annie SA
Annie SASouth East Queensland, QLD

Best jet

Well say goodbye to my hard early cash!! I booked back in September I even rang best jet to see if all ok, rang airline was never booked

Sam.L
Sam.LBrisbane

Bestjet nightmare

After waiting for more then 2 weeks for my etickets this month they finally arrived only to now find out that they were cancelled by BestJet and refunded to them and the company has gone into liquidation. Everyone who has brought tickets from them, call the airline to confirm your booking is still valid. I have no idea what to do next, I didn’t pay by cc and travel insurance won’t cover it.

Arpit
Arpit

My Ticket cancelled by airlines

I booked my ticket through Skyscanner- bestjet. Received my eticket last week from bestjet after multiple calls to them and this morning I found out that my ticket has been cancelled and money refunded to agent without any notification to me. When I call Singapore Airlines, they say their head department is looking into the issue and they cannot provide any timelines as how long it will take or whether airlines will honour the ticket already booked?

I will be contacting my bank to see if anything is possible in regards to refund.

James
JamesSydney

Contact your bank ASAP

Bestjet has gone into administration. The website is down and calls are not being answered. I am told that if your tickets have been issued, the airlines will honour them. If not contact your bank ASAP to try and get the payment reversed. The contact for the administrator is bestjetgroup@pilotpartners.com.au

Rowdy
RowdySydney, NSW

No contact

Changed flights no problem but lost half the total cost which is still better than nothing and flights already taken, but now nothing on the refunds from the changed flights. I suppose lucky but unlucky. Cannot contact them as of now.

Its only a bad experience if you have to change your flight

I love that its cheap but i HATE that you can't change flights without a massive fee. I always have to make sure i dont need flight changes. Otherwise get travel insurance to cover it.

It took me about 8 weeks to get my return flights sent to me via email, going to India in a few months.

For domestic flights or short notice flights, i usually get my tickets within the 72 hour window.

Ly C.
Ly C.asked

i booked ticket with bestjet.com and they cancelled my ticket as I confirmed with MAS. They said they refunded already but I no idea how they do it because I paid with Poli payments

Sav
Sav

Mate all I can say is don't buy. They withdrew money from my credit card but never paid to the Airline. Therefore, I had to rebuy another ticket from the airline. I reported to my bank for a dispute.

Salim A
Salim Aasked

How l can get back my payments of ticket??

epazst
epazst

Please visit https://www.pilotpartners.com.au/notice-of-appointment-of-administrator-bestjet/ and https://www.pilotpartners.com.au/advice-to-customers-of-bestjet-travel-pty-ltd-administrators-appointed/ for further instructions.

Other option to contact your credit card provider if you paid by credit card

Prasanthi
Prasanthiasked

Hi, i have booked a flight (cathay pacific) from chennai to sydney on 28th january. Now i want to change the date of travel to either 3rd or 4 th of february. My name is Prasanthi Konduru and my booking confirmation number is RBMVMD. Can you please let me know the cost? I am trying to reach out via mobile and email support@bestjet.com but not able to reach.

Cait S
Cait S

You won’t be able to get in contact with them as they have gone into administration. You will need to contact the airline directly and hope you can change dates, although it may not be possible. All the best!

Get an answer from our members and Bestjet.com representatives