Bestjet.com

Bestjet.com

Listing monitored by Bestjet.com

A bit worried

I wake up this morning with an unpleasant e mail which notify me regarding the current situation with bestjet upon receiving e mail I decided to contact the direct airline they confirmed that my ticket are booked and sent me an email to verify the information which I felt so relief hence I made the booking in early October however I still felt uneasy about the situation.
I feel for all those travellers who had their tickets cancelled.

Tickets still valid!

After reading that bestjet had gone into administration, I called Garuda Indonesia in Perth to confirm if the tickets bought from bestjet are still valid. Thankfully, they are. I have used bestjet in the past, and haven’t had a problem with them. Always much cheaper than the rest. A shame the have gone under.

So far so good

I got my e-ticket 2mn after booking.
I wanted to choose my seat on QF flight operated by EK but I wasn't able to do so. I went to manage booking in EK website, I have been asking to pay an extra $180 for a seat.
Bestjet didn't give me the option to choose or buy prefered seat at the time of booking

Sputnick
SputnickSydney

Name Change Variation

On receipt of my E-Ticket I noticed the surname had been entered twice and the middle name omitted. Besjet requested a name change correction and was refused by Etihad . Bestjet then suggested to cancel the ticket and refund the cost, less a small administrative fee. Then I was to buy another First Class ticket to replace the original which I did. They informed me a refund may take 12 weeks. My concern is, having read the overwhelming negative reviews about Bestjet , the chances of an early settlement is very unlikely. Stupid not to have read the reviews before buying. Has anyone experienced name change problems?

vicky
vicky

ONLY BOOK IF YOU ARE NOT PLANNING ON MAKING CHANGES!!

Best jet has great prices, no doubt. It is best to ONLY book if you have confirmed an exact date! They will not listen to you if you require any changes to your flight including cancellations, changing of flight times/dates, seating etc etc..other than that, the process is easy and you will receive your E ticket, confirmation etc within 24 hours.

JoH
JoHMelbourne

Double check the baggage!!!

Great price, although return flight did not include checked baggage & I was unable to change direct through airline due to being booked by through Best Jet. Best jet were going to charge $140 p/person to make any changes & baggage price on top of that! Was cheaper to pay direct to airline upon check in! Other than that all went smoothly with flights/confirmations etc

Mark
MarkBrisbane

Cheap Airfares- Expensive to change

A group of friends and I have used multiple times over the last 3 odd years, all online. Cheaper airfares, but be aware of high admin fees to change dates etc. We have learnt to accept, cheap fare equates to no change without significant cost. Booked all economy class tickets and mainly all to Asia, eg Bangkok, Phuket, Manila, Singapore etc. Not one problem so far. I personally travelled 6 times last year. Very sad to see all the bad experiences others have experienced. My last booking was on the 15/03/18 and promptly received confirmation with eticket following the same day. Two other friends independently made exactly the same booking all on the same day and received all okay as well.

emma
emmasydney

Average online agent

I used twice of their online booking via their website. The prices are good and the tickets issued are valid for travel. I did not make any changes after booking confirmation, which is fast within 24 hours. Worth to try if you are not going to change dates.

Lgifford
LgiffordGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Check details carefully - go direct with airline if you can.

Ok for a cheap travel agent, but be aware that if you want to make changes you'll be charged twice: once by the airline and then again with Bestjet's admin fee. It can add up to $$$$s. Very basic customer service but then you get what you pay for...

Find out how Bestjet.com compares to other Booking Services

Alright, service communication needs to be clearer

I booked flights 2 days ago although realised I booked them to England instead of Amsterdam. 5 minutes later I called and cancelled them and received my money back 2 days later. Initially I was very worried I.T would take a while considering best jets reviews. But happy!!

need to be flexible when travelling

I book through Bestjet from Sydney to Europe through Beijing return.
AirChina cancelled my return flight n I got an email from Bestjet just 48 hours before my scheduled flight.
Ended up stay one more night in Beijing at my own cost. The service for reschedule is ok but I think you have to be flexible and confirm your flight likes three days ago just like the old days.
I'll blame it on AirChina not Bestjet.

ok

Had a problem on my booking like many others here, got charged a lot for it but at least a solution was found a the booking is now ok. I will avoid them from now based on the reviews.

The customer service person was uneducated, could not speak english fluently and rude

challissydney

Tryed payment by Mastercard debit...hit for fee

Went through the flight booking process. Got to the end and Hit with 1.9% fee for master card debit payment. The payment options clearly say Debit cards fee free!!!! Thanks for nothing!!! Oh well off I go to fly365 and saved $10 on a $1450 airfare. That's a beer for me prior to departure thanks.cannot see any reason to believe this agency is any better or worse than the other s.only book online if you're comfortable going DIY

challis

In B.jet terms and conditions they say POLI is accepted .that's fee free.jetstar uses POLi too. So I rang Bjet and they said only card payment s!!! Their T and Cs are inconsistent. I less star..

mujopa
mujopaAdelaide

Refund not forthcoming despite repeated calls and emails

I booked my flights to the USA with Bestjet.com but due to some tragic event, I had to reschedule my plans. I tried to change dates and the fare difference was $ 3,000 for a $ 1,589 ticket. I thus resorted to cancelling as I there were cheaper flights available at $1,450.

I was refunded after calling and emailing a few times. I have since then deleted my original posting.

Ly C.
Ly C.asked

i booked ticket with bestjet.com and they cancelled my ticket as I confirmed with MAS. They said they refunded already but I no idea how they do it because I paid with Poli payments

Sav
Sav

Mate all I can say is don't buy. They withdrew money from my credit card but never paid to the Airline. Therefore, I had to rebuy another ticket from the airline. I reported to my bank for a dispute.

Salim A
Salim Aasked

How l can get back my payments of ticket??

epazst
epazst

Please visit https://www.pilotpartners.com.au/notice-of-appointment-of-administrator-bestjet/ and https://www.pilotpartners.com.au/advice-to-customers-of-bestjet-travel-pty-ltd-administrators-appointed/ for further instructions.

Other option to contact your credit card provider if you paid by credit card

Prasanthi
Prasanthiasked

Hi, i have booked a flight (cathay pacific) from chennai to sydney on 28th january. Now i want to change the date of travel to either 3rd or 4 th of february. My name is Prasanthi Konduru and my booking confirmation number is RBMVMD. Can you please let me know the cost? I am trying to reach out via mobile and email support@bestjet.com but not able to reach.

Cait S
Cait S

You won’t be able to get in contact with them as they have gone into administration. You will need to contact the airline directly and hope you can change dates, although it may not be possible. All the best!

Get an answer from our members and Bestjet.com representatives