Better Batt Questions & Answers

Peter
Peter

Which country are your batteries manufactured

Better Batt   DM

Hi Peter, Our factory is located in Shenzhen China where most branded products and accessories are made.

Kind regards,

robyn S.

Can you advise which is the best battery for a Dyson V8 Absolute+ handheld vacuum cleaner please.

Hi Robyn, Please let me know the following so I can check this for you:

1. The part/model number printed on your original battery.
2. The output voltage and capacity of your ORIGINAL battery. This should read something like "21.6V 3000mAh".

Hi Johann, this is what I've found on it:
VD5 AU JHA41131
21.6V 2800 mAh 65 Wh this number was on one part of the battery
21.6V 425 W and this number was on another part of the battery
Hopefully this is right??!

Better Batt   DM

Hi Robyn, Would you be able to email us a photo of the original battery label to sales@betterbatt.com.au so we can check the battery part number for you?

robyn S.

I've now taken a photo and sent you an email. I look forward to your response.

Better Batt   DM

Thanks, Robyn. We've received the photo and you should find the battery here:

external link

Thestorydude

Is it possible for you to manufacture all your batteries in either Japan or in Australia? I've done some research and find that the quality that comes out of Japan is far superior to the country you have contracted to make your batteries. Not to mention that the exchange rate between Japan and Australia are more favourable.

Better Batt   DM

Hi Thestorydude, If such manufacturing exists in Australia and Japan all the manufacturers need to do is reach out to us and we'd gladly consider their proposal.

I wouldn't be so quick to paint all manufacturing from a particular country with one brush though.

Just like Japan turned around their reputation for poor quality, shoddy products a couple of decades ago, so too has China.

Do you own an Apple iPhone, Watch, iPad, MacBook or any other Apple product? Not only are Apple products manufactured in the same city where we manufacture our batteries but they switched from using Samsung (South Korea) manufactured cells to Chinese manufactured cells in all of their devices a couple of years ago.

Apple is just one of many examples producing world-class, high tech products in China.

Thestorydude

Thank you for that response Liam.

Did you know that Apple was considering moving 1/5th of its production out of China because of what was happening at Foxcon?

I honestly believe that workers are treated better in Japan than in China.

I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss or paint one country with one brush like you have suggested, but I do believe conditions may have improved in Japan or in Australia.

Because of social media, if a company does something shoddy or shady even, people will know and said company will have a lot of clean up to do after that.

Believe me when I say that I have had nothing but positive experiences and image of Japan and believe the conditions are far better than what it used to be a couple decades ago like you've pointed out.

偉兵 宏.
偉兵 宏.

There is a difference in quality between 'made in China' and 'assembled in China' though, even if they both labeled as 'made in China' in the market. Given to the facts that many enterprises from the States, Japan, south Korea, Europe, etc are repatriating from China, there will be less and less 'assembled in China' and more and more 'illegally copied in China'. Other than 'assembled in China', all the rest are of no decent quality at all.

Thestorydude

Something that confuses me though. If a product label reads: Designed in <insert country here> and assembled in China, does that mean the components were made in the country they were designed in and then shipped to China for assembly?

Better Batt   DM

Hi Thestorydude, If you're referring to Apple's use of "Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China" it means:

1) The Apple engineering/design team is located in California

2) The parts are made in multiple countries (not just China)

3) The parts were assembled in China

In modern electronics, parts are sourced from all over the world. In our batteries, for example, most of the PCBs are manufactured in the USA, however, since most of the other components are manufactured in China the product is labelled "Made in China".

Carmel Zammit
Carmel Zammit

Hello - please advise if you carry VAX Air cordless vacuum battery Model No BH03120ANZ REV A (TO SUIT CHARGER MODEL NO BH03200ANZ) - PLEASE GIVE ME A PRICE and also if I buy 2 will it be cheaper.

thankyou Carmel Zammit Mob [Number Removed]

Better Batt   DM

Hi Carmel, I have sent you an email regarding this inquiry.

Gerry
Gerry

I purchased a better batt rechargeable battery that won’t charge on the better battery charger. The Sony batteries will. What can I do?

Better Batt   DM

Hi Gerry, Please contact us so we can sort this out for you: external link

Tricky P.
Tricky P.

Hi I live in Brisbane and need a charger by Thursday. Is this possible thanks

skiman
skiman

I live in Brisbane and I ordered a laptop battery and some printer ink on 17/12. The laptop battery was dispatched 19/12 and arrived 23/12 via Couriers Please. The ink came via Aust Post and was delivered 21/12. Given this was the week before Christmas I was happy with the shipping times. I am not sure if they have express post options, if you email the company they are super responsive or give them a call 03 9024 6914 sales@betterbatt.com.au

Better Batt   DM

Hi Skiman, We are pleased to know that you are happy with our products and services.

Errol

JEFF
JEFF

Do you stock Sony video8 batteries for model cccd-v8af-e camera & batpack np-22 6v 1300ma .? Jefsil@yahoo.com.au

Better Batt   DM

Hi Jeff, We don't stock the NP-22 battery any longer, I'm sorry. Good luck with your search.

RJF
RJF

Do you sell Epson genuine 277XL printer ink?

Bob
Bob

Not to do with my review

Better Batt   DM

Hi Bob, What we sell are Better Batt Ink Replacements for Epson 277XL that you will find here:

external link

You can also call us at 03 9024 6914 if you need any help. Cheers!

Tom
Tom

Hi, I just wanted to ask a question in relation to your batteries for Lenovo Thinkpad laptops, more specifically for the T530 Thinkpad model. The T530 falls under the models that began the trend in Lenovo's Thinkpad line to including a 'Battery Safeguard' or 'BIOS Battery Whitelist' starting with the T430. This meant that batteries that were not officially manufactured by Lenovo would be rejected by the laptops BIOS configuration and would refuse to charge them. Do your batteries that are clearly advertised for these products have this problem? I would just rather not buy one of your batteries (which I am sure are perfectly functioning batteries other than that they would possibly be rejected) and it not work due to this software implementation. If I was to buy one of these batteries and it did not work, would I be able to return it and receive a refund?

artemis

Hello Customer Service, could you please advise is there a list on your web stating the capacity the battery holds. I am looking at the Samsung NP Q330 please.

Thanking you,

Hello Artemis,

I believe we have gone into more thorough detail on this through email now. We list capacity ratings on our website under the Specifications tab, although I understand you were more interested in the number of hours our battery would hold charge. This will depend on many variables such as the operating system in use, screen brightness, WI-FI, and more. The best way to estimate how long a battery will last, is to compare against the number of hours you go form your original battery when it was brand new.

I hope this helps!

stantheman
stantheman

Ordered 12 November - misunderstanding on payment process. Paid and debit cleared my bank 19 Nov.

Now 25 November and STILL waiting delivery. How long? Am I just the stiff one or what? Situation now desperate if not here tomorrow will cancel order and go somewhere else.

Stan Bannan

Isaac Panaretos

I have now contacted you by phone regarding this shipment. As discussed it was shipped on the 24th and has been delivered today on the 26th. Payment cleared into our account shortly after being made on your end. Sorry for the misunderstanding regarding the payment and delivery. I trust everything is working as expected now!

Isaac

Come and join us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/betterbatt

www.BetterBatt.com.au

Email: sales@betterbatt.com.au

Phone: 03 9024 6914 (+61 3 9024 6914 for international calls)

SJ
SJ

Has anyone ordered Sony Vaio battery from Better batt? please share your experience.

Cheers

Hi SJ,

Sorry for the delayed reply here. I hope that you were able to find some useful testimonials on our website before your purchase.

Larraine

I need a spare battery for my Canon SX700 camera which comes with Canon NB-6LH 1060 mAh battery. According to the reviews, the short battery life before recharging is one of the few negatives.

The Better Batt battery is an NB-6LH 750mAh. Price is much cheaper than Canon but will the lower mAh be enough? Haven't had the camera very long but think I got about 200 - 250 photos & 2 short videos before the Canon battery needed recharging.

Pauline
Pauline

I can only tell you re my own experience and that has been positive. Our Better Batts have actually lasted slightly longer than the original ones. With two batteries for our camera we feel very confident that we can get plenty of video and still shots.

Isaac Panaretos

Thanks for your query Larraine! Although the capacity of a battery is an important thing to consider when estimating charge times, another thing that many people are less aware of is that Li-Ion batteries such as the NB-6LH will deteriorate with age. This makes it just as important to purchase a battery that has been manufactured recently to avoid any loss of charge before you even receive it! Our battery rated at 750mAh should give approximately 70% compared to a 'brand new' genuine Canon branded battery. At the price of $12.47 you could probably afford to purchase two batteries and alternate them to receive an even longer charge than one of the genuine Canon batteries. You will also qualify for free delivery when ordering two items at the link below:

ps. We also offer a 400 day all inclusive money back guarantee for peach of mind :)

Larraine

Thanks Pauline & Isaac. Isaac- do your Betterbatt NB-6LH batteries have a chip for communicating with the camera to indicate battery life, etc.?

Get an answer from our members and Better Batt representatives