Better Home & Building Inspections

Better Home & Building Inspections

2.0 from 1 review

See the Best Home Inspection Companies in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Poor Inspection with a lot of faults missed.

Hired this Company to do a pre-purchase on a house a Victor Harbor which was done in good time. Cost of Inspection was $450.00. Relying on this information I went ahead and bought the house. This house has a balcony, and according to the Report received it was inspected and found in reasonably condition. Shortly after moving in I whilst under the balcony I found the main support beam was cracked in places and had a section of rot and had been patched. I had a local carpenter do an inspection and told me that it was probably not safe to use the balcony until repairs had been carried out. I made a complaint to the individual who did the inspection who attended at my house and viewed the rotten cracked beam. Inspector's very words to me were "he only does a visual inspection, he doesn't don't poke and prod everything". Was not impressed at all and would definitely not recommend.
Done in good time, good communications.
Missed rotten timbers in the balcony which he had marked in reasonable condition. Missed electric roll a door not working and also missed the electric pump the the bath spa was also not working.