Better Trailers

See the Best Vehicle Accessories & Parts Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Better Trailers

3.4

Fantastic

I called Better Trailers after a major issue with our caravan. They assessed the issue, fixed the van on the day, and diagnosed some more critical issues. I had four phone calls during the day to discuss progress. Thanks heaps guys.

Hi Glenn.
Was a pleasure, hope the rest of your holiday goes well.

Hans Ignals
Hans Ignals

Disappointing paint finish

Rust began to appear six months after purchase. It was apparent that no rust proofing was applied prior to painting. Paint peeling off wheels
Good quality build, but a poor paint finish.

Scott M.Better TrailersSend a private message

Sorry to hear about the paint.
We try to do the proper prep but sounds like somthing went a miss. Please feel free to contact us as we pride ourselves in customer satisfaction.
Thanks for you review
Better trailers

jiefuster
jiefusterSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Just brilliant custom build!!

Needed a trailer for my microlight - used sketchup and emailed to Better Trailers. Scott provided the most competitive quotation and the team was happy to build to the plans, and the trailer worked a treat, despite being a one-off build. The 'can-do' attitude and personal interest shown in helping me complete the build went so far beyond what I was expecting of any trailer build company, I would recommend them very highly indeed and be happy to go back anytime. They also built our pony club trailer a few years ago (that's why I approached them for a quote) and that was an equally strong and well built trailer. Thank you - just a terrific team.

Scott M.Better TrailersSend a private message

Thanks Jiefuster we try to give the same service to all

Disappointed
DisappointedCanberra

Would not recommend

Really disappointing. Rang asking for help/advice in emergency situation for drum/rim/tyre replacement and ended up getting hung up on when couldn't provide exact details of what's needed. Gave benefit of doubt with possibly being disconnected but got told 'don't want the job!' and hung up on again. Not a great way to get business when you can't give simple respect..

Scott M.Better TrailersSend a private message

Very surprised at your experience, We pride our self on helping people even if they are unsure as to what they need or are only fishing for info. Sounds like you caught us on a bad day. It does happen sometimes.

Vehicle Accessories & Parts Shops

Find out how Better Trailers compares to other Vehicle Accessories & Parts Shops

A very professional operation

I had a 6x4 box trailer built and as far as I am concerned, if is shiny new, tows well and carries stuff, well that's a good box trailer. The real point here is the way they updated me over the 3 week build and not just the boss. The helpful and professional attitude carried across to the two other staff I dealt with. A very good buying experience

Scott M.Better TrailersSend a private message

Thank you for you positive feed back.

Jake
JakeCanberra

Better trailers live up to their name

I am very happy with the 6 x 4 trailer I purchased from Better Trailers in Fyshwyck in Canberra. Scott and his team were helpful when I was looking for a trailer and with post purchase servicing and repairs. The trailer has proved to be sturdy and reliable. When due to use it required very minor repairs, the guys at Better Trailers were happy to repair it. I would recommend them to anyone wanting a locally manufactured trailer.

Looking after our customers is a pleasure. Thanks Jake

How are Better Trailers still in business?

Custom trailer built to poor quality, wrong dimensions, and two flat tyres the next day. Under engineered and cheap parts. Coupling sheared off while driving along. Heard many similar issues with other customers.

Specialized garden trailer

We found the team at better trailers excellent to deal with. They involved us in every step of the build. Delivered before time and with everything we agreed on. We highly recommend them.

Great customer, Thanks

Very happy

I purchased a custom made hotrod trailer delivered on time and budget. At Better Trailers
Good old fashion service.

Great Product

I recently purchased a custom made car trailer from Better Trailers, I was recommended to them by a friend. I was very impressed with the manufacture of the trailer. The owner was very helpful, staff were friendly. All in all I was very impressed with the over all product. I do not agree with any comments that have been written about Better Trailers.
Reliable

peterw23
peterw23Canberra

Bad Quality Components and Workmanship

Cheap & Nasty

Had a custom trailer made, and Better Trailers had the cheapest quote on the market. Was told 4-6 weeks for completion. Ended up being 4 months. The owner [name removed] came up with every excuse in the book and constantly delayed / avoided any responsibility.

The trailer seemed good on completion, but rust appeared after a month, and then spread. They obviously use cheap second hand materials for the trailer body & frame.

When I had the trailer inspected, the mechanic said a lot of the work was pretty poor. Very cheap bearings etc used which needed to be replaced wand the tyres werent roadworthy.

Avoid.
looked good on completion, price
rusted, broken promises, slow service, poor quality work.

TwoTees
TwoTeesHome

Poor quality, cheap components, bad service