DP-P2, DP-P1, DP-P2TB
See the Best Set Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Beyonwiz? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Recording Quality
  • Software
  • Reliability
Kenny LTownsville

Great features, terrible execution due to insufficent testing before putting out to market

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Lasted only 14 months

expensive to buy and when it worked it works well but it's very unreliable and it broke down 14 months after paying around $800 very disappointing . Will not buy this piece of rubbish again for their sales dept customers vote with their feet and I will buy a Panasonic or topfeild.

ColicSydney, NSW

Problematical - save yourself the trouble.

Rubbish! Constant trouble.

Only can be repaired in Sydney & it takes 4 weeks then plays up again within a few weeks.My friends is the same & both are less than 14 months old.The stores we got them from will not sell them anymore due to too many complaints.. Do not buy a Beyonwiz. Believe me they are rubbish!

I've got a DP-P2 2TB version and it's just as bad as yours.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I'd only recommend this rubbish to someone I really don't like.

Set Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs

Find out how Beyonwiz DP-P1 / DP-P2 compares to other Set Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs

alitwino
alitwino

Terrible

a reasonable unit but the Beyonwiz product support is a joke - sent pictures of the faulty remote with the sticking LH button, I offered to pay for 2-way freight and even offered to buy a remote and get a refund later so that we wouldn't be without a PVR, all to no avail - they are determined to see us without a PVR for a week on a $1000 unit for a lousy $20 junky remote - go figure - their bloodymindedness re customer support has lost me forever regardless of how good the product is.
it's a good unit but can be quirky
service is a disgrace ; won't output component at all (to an AV Sender for example) if you have a HDMI cable plugged in - useless, as all the others will.

SouthPark
SouthPark

Paul S.
Paul S.asked
DP-P1 / DP-P2

I would like to get a firmware upgrade for a DP-P1 but i'm having trouble finding it as i have just purchased one second hand. Any help?

stu
stu

Sorry mate,not sure if it can be done?

heath
heathasked
DP-P2

when I set the machine to record a program, say at 8pm on ABC or SBS it is recording the program after that time.
The machine has been set to daylight saving time so that is not the problem.
at present if I want a particular program I have to record the programs before and after.
Any ideas?
Heather

Bob M.

Hi Heather, I have noticed that the machine often starts recording a program a minute or two after it starts. I work around this by starting the recording time a couple of minutes earlier than the TV guide on the machine indicates. (I also extend the recording time a bit at the end, in case it goes over time - not wanting to miss the endings!). You can easily do this on the Pop-Up Menu (press 'Pop-Up', 'OK', then 'OK' on the remote, & follow the instructions).

Good luck, Bob

Kenny L

Hello. These days, the culprits are usually the TV stations, eg "SEVEN" etc. They now have a habit of starting 10 to 15 minutes after the tv guide scheduled time. Eg...if the tv guide says 7:30 for MKR, they might start at 7:40 PM. I don't know why the TV stations are allowed to do this, since I believe that the tv guide time needs to be followed closely, since it should be like arrival/departure times of bus and trains and planes. Needs to be accurate and followed.

There is a feature of the dp-p2 called 'padding'. So, in the user manual, look for the padding feature (in advanced setup), and in particular, look for 'pre-padding', which is an amount of time that you can include..... which is an amount of time to automatically start recording before the 'tv guide time'.

Wenno
Wennoasked
DP-P2

I have a DP-P2 it's showing error0000 how can I fix it

Bob M.

Sorry, can't help you, I have never had this error message on my DP-P2.

Kenny L

Most likely failed capacitors on the power supply circuit board. If somebody can take a look at the power supply and identify the failure there, then it should be possible to solve this issue. Basically, repair the power supply, and all should be ok.

wombatini
wombatini

Hi, This problem will show up when the electrolytic capacitors in the switchmode power supply become faulty. If you are electronically inclined it is an easy and relatively cheap fix, BUT you must know what you are doing otherwise you could damage it or worse still - kill yourself. This is a well known problem - not only Beyonwiz but others as well. Who ever you get to repair it tell them you want low ESR capacitors rated at 105 degrees C and a good brand such as Panasonic or Nichicon.
Cheers,

Beyonwiz DP-P2

Beyonwiz DP-P2TB

Beyonwiz DP-P2TB

1.0
CategorySet Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRsSet Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRsSet Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs
Internet ConnectivityEthernetEthernetEthernet