BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2

Price on BFGoodrich 265/75/r16 all terain

Mine were $300 each

Fred

Fredasked

What pressure should my bf Goodrich all terrain ko2 tyres be at? I have them fitted on my motorhome

Titus
Titus

The manufactures recommended pressure listed on the compliance plate.

Matt75asked

Hi Team,

Car: Foton, Tunland 4X2 2014 model (Dual Cab)
I love the look of the BFGOODRICH 245/70/16.
I have absolutely no intention of any off road activity (4x2 dual cab).
My daily commute consists of 50% highway and 50% in built up areas (all bitumen).
Has anyone else purchased these tyres strictly for non off road use?
How is the life in these tyres?
My driving style is to obey all posted speed signs, zero hooning and after 80,000km in my vehicle I'm getting 7.4L/100.
Feedback is appreciated.

Gazajr

I would not purchase these tyres for sealed roads. The grip on wet bitumen isn't the best. My empty dual cab ute goes sideways on roundabouts.

Tezza
Tezza

I do a lot of bitumen touring as well as off road and these tyres are incredibly long wearing and also if you do go off road appear to be bullet proof as I only got 1 puncture in almost 100,000km

Matt75

Thank you for taking the time to respond, much appreciated.
On this occasion I have gone with; Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure.

Micky Oasked

I just replaced my stock tyres on my 2014 Hilux with BFG 265/65/17 A/T KO2. They ride just fine but I noticed on three of the rims on the inside the dealer put lead strips about 2.5cm x 15 cm. Must be about a half a kilo! That doesn't seem right. On the fourth rim there is a 40 gram balance weight. Is this acceptable practice or is this a known issue with the new BFGs. This is the fifth vehicle I g=have installed BFGs on and never noticed anything before.

BTBloke
BTBloke

Hi mate. I see nobody has answered you. that's because most will think it is a dumb question. However to answer your question and take some worry off your mind the problem is not with the tyres. The issue is with the rims. and its not really an issue. Don't panic about it there is nothing wrong, it is just to balance the tyre with balance with the rim.

Micky O

Thanks Mate... I brought the tyres back to the dealer and they rotated the tyre on the rim. Ended up with 25 gram! All good. And it was only on one rim not three as written above!

Chris Aasked

I have these on my 6.5t iveco daily twin wheel.
I have been told it won't pass the plate test.
What weight can each tyre carry?

Black Wolf
Black Wolf

Hi Chris,
I'm no expert but I just went out and checked the tyre wall and it reads:

Max load single is 1360kg at 80psi cold
Max load Dual is 1250kg at 80psi cold

I hope this helps.

Chris A

I read the plate and requires 225/75/17 .
Front and rear on a twin which is is.
Then it says weight 118/116 ?? That's where I'm stuck!
I don't have this to see on my KO2'S.
I was led to believe as KO2'S had thicker side walls so they carry a lot more weight.
I think only no proof till I get van back is it was more the 7.5t Mark as opposed to the 6.5t I only need.

Zpl25asked

Looking to put the new BFG All Terrain T/A KO2's on my 2015 Prado. Have factory Dunlops on there at the moment which have worn out in 30,000kms. I use my Prado for around town/school drop off etc and contend with up to 20 roundabouts most days......My question is, am I wasting my time even considering these tyres?

pete
pete

get a lighter car !

Zpl25

Thanks Pete but it is used frequently for camping and adventures and a larger family doesn't really fit in a smaller car!

Smoogus
Smoogus

ZPL25, based on my general comments and previous experience, Plus others commenting in this review (even prado drivers), I would suggest you at least try something other than the dunlops. If you can afford the BFG's (hunt around for a price like on tyresales), the % of positive reviews imply you would be better off.
Having said that, if the Dunlop's on your prado were the Grandtrek, there are several great reviews on them, but perhaps its down to where they were made...
I found a comment on the review page that may be pertinent. http://www.productreview.com.au/profile/108306.html
"It appears the key with these Grandteks is where they were made. In my experience the Japanese ones are very good but the Thailand ones are terrible for wear. I only got 19000 out of a front set. The Thai ones are rubbish. Trust me.
NotHappywithDunlopAT3 posted on Jul 31, 2011".

Henry01

Henry01asked

What's the ideal pressure to run on corigated, rough, rocky road sitting on about 80-130km have 315/70/17 BFG KO2 on 200 series TD with lift exhaust and chip?

Poddy Nevers
Poddy Nevers

Run at 20% less than manufacturer recommended. So if 50 psi run at 40 psi. If 30 psi run at 24psi

Tonyasked

Is the BF Goodrich all terrain KO2 a good choice for a dual axle caravan doing mostly bitumen, some gravel plus some protection for bitumen shoulders and sharp edge concrete annexe slabs? Caravan ATM is 2.6 tonne.

thanks Tony

Nikali
Nikali

We put the bf ko2 in our hilux . So far all good and we have been in a few hunting trips .

Happychapie
Happychapie

Hi Tony
I believe the BFGoodrich KO2 would be over kill for the application you describe, however if you put this tyre on your caravan, they have excellent all round protection and id be a firm believer on a dual axle caravan, you may never have to buy another tyre for it

Tony

Awesome to hear thanks Happychapie. Bob Jane in Hervey Bay have them on special at present so they are only slightly more expensive than the less premium brands. I have placed my order! cheers Tony

Peterasked

I have had the new KO2 on my near new 2014 200 Series Lands cruiser for only 3 weeks and my fuel consumption has gone from 14.5 to 18.014. Hoping it's not the new tires. Any opinions?

SteveK

Did you change much of tire size? I can imagine a small increase in consumption but that is a huge increase, doesn't sound right. Check your tire pressures make sure they're adequate.

Peter

Thanks Steve, I inflated them from 40 to 45 this morning but I think I have found the problem. A new Steinbauer Chip is known to cause huge fuel increase in some models and I have had one installed 3 weeks ago. Am researching this. Thank you,

SteveK

No worries, are you running diesel or petrol ? Unless you are running significantly more boost and driving like a nut you shouldn't be using so much more fuel in a petrol due to a tune in same conditions. Most of the time manufacturer's run it rich to allow for variations in fuel, if anything your tuner should have brought the AF ratio leaner whilst increasing boost somewhat cancelling out the increased boost, and they should very well have tuned it throughout the load and rev range, not just a full throttle. I'd be asking if they had mapped it properly across the load rev range, and what AF ratio they tuned it at - show the where they positioned the wideband sensor. If they just gave you one size fits all map rather than a custom tune and you were told otherwise, I were you I'd be getting my moneys back and going another tuner. Anyways, sounds like a nice rig, enjoy :) KO2 should be much better than my experience with the KOs

Get an answer from our members and BFGoodrich representatives