BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2

BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 (page 2 of 4)

3.4

• Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
  • Off-Roading Frequency

Zak

ZakPerth, WA

Can run over sharp steel, but can't handle wooden twigs.

Purchased in October 2018 at Bob Jane T-Marts for A$1,182.00.

Tyre Mileage 6,000 km
Car ModelSuzuki 2004 XL7
Tyre Pressure Used26 PSI

TitusGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Low wear, excellent grip, treat them nice and they will last years.

KO2 265/75 R16 on original steel factory rims.
Purchased the day I picked up my new BT50. Now have done 50000 Km with slight wear showing. I expect another 50000 out of them.
Around town in a loaded work ute, great.
Highway speeds fully loaded towing a caravan, great.
Gravel, corrugated dirt tracks, great. With the van, awesome.
Muddy, sandy horrible outback tracks, great. Beach driving excellent with reduced pressure.
My only concerns was in an unloaded ute in heavy rain they can loose grip. If you drive like a professional and read the conditions you can't fault them.
Just manage the pressures and rotate.

Purchased in February 2016.

Tyre Mileage 50,000 km
Car ModelMazda BT-50 Mk.2
Tyre Pressure Used39 PSI

Unimpressed

Tread wear and chipping that bad at 10,000 km service of my hilux 4x4 that localToyota service refused to rotate them. Should have stuck to either “Mickeys” or
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrak that I get 70 to 75,000kms out of on the harsh gravel roads that I spend most of my time on. Been waiting over 3 weeks to hear from Michelin rep. Never again

Purchased in October 2018.

Off-Roading FrequencyDaily

Mick

MickIllawarra, NSW

US Recall on BFF KO2'S

Ive had BFG's for over 20yrs, but never the new KO2's. I came here to read the reviews and to do a bit of pre-purchase research and noted a few people have complained about tearing sidewalls. Dug a bit deeper and found that there was a recall in the US for this specific problem, back in 2015 or 16. Unfortunately it appears us insignificant Aussies got conveniently left out of that.

Out of curiosity, has anyone experienced issues with these tyres more recently (2018-2019), as they may have fixed the issue?

Purchased in March 2019.

noel

noel

Excellent tyres

Wear extremely well sticks to the road in wet, dry snowy conditions very good wearing tyre on a 4wd Hilux that is used for towing a large trailer all the time.

Purchased in March 2017 at Bob jand moonah.

Tyre Pressure Used45 PSI
M Holden

M HoldenHobart, TAS

Amazing!

So glad I switched to these tyres. My parents got 200,000 kilometers out of theirs which is why I decided to try them. They are not noisy on the road and grip really well. I've had them on for nine months now and they get regularly rotated and not even a sign of wear as yet. I'm super happy with them and the price is worth is several times over!

Purchased in May 2018 at Bob Jane T-Marts.

Tyre Mileage 14,996 km
Car ModelToyota Prado J120
Off-Roading FrequencyYearly
Chels

ChelsGoonellabah

Exceeded my expectations!

Love my set of BF'S! This is my first set and I will be buying the same set when I am due to buy more! I highly recommend to anyone who wants to take any terrain from snow to mud. Theirs a lot more quieter than I thought while out on the highway

CarFord ranger

RegBemboka

very poor

Car2014 Dodge Ram 2500

BF Goodrich ko2 speed rating

Totally disappointed with the speed rating of the BF Goodrich Ko2. As most of the modern SUVs are a lot faster than the speed rating ( s ) I feel it should be a minimum of a H speed rating or or a speed rating of v. So come on the bF Goodrich you have been around long enough to know better.

Car2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK 3.0 v6 crd

Dangerous in Wed Conditions

Bought these tyres as a package with the vehicle, great tyre in dry conditions, plenty of grip off road. When using them in muddy conditions, keep spinning them moderately to clear the lugs.
However in wet conditions on sealed roads they are more than dangerous. Thankful for traction control cause without it, you'd be off the road. They feature a very hard compound which is great for wear and longevity but hopeless for grip on wet sealed surfaces. Although my vehicle isn't a power house, I can still drift at 80Km/H.

Car2017 Ford Ranger PX2 XLS

Won’t stay balanced

Not so good for my 285/55R20, all 4 are bad. Ride good, nice wear but they won’t stay balanced. Had to be balanced twice the first week I got them, rotated them at 5200 miles, balanced them twice and they won’t stay in balance. Hopefully my shop will get them replaced under warranty.

Car2015 Toyota Tundra Limited double cab 4x4
Dragonflz

DragonflzDarling Downs, QLD

Great Tyres well worth the price

Car2000, Nissan Patrol Wagon GU2
Glenn.M

Glenn.M

Wait there still going

I love these tyres they look super tough they handle the tough business & they are gonna last me a good 3 years. A little joke there but seriously the life you gonna get out of these tyres are so much better than the competition. They handle great on the road, get you down the beach for a fish or surf & love hitting a challenging 4wd park.

CarFor courier
Luke G

Luke GGeelong

Best tyres

I have been using these on my 100 series for years, best i have done was 100,000km.
Drove from Geelong to Cape York and back, great on the road and fantastic on the Telegraph track.
In mud, sand, rivers and the road the performed fantastic, i highly recommend these tyres

Car2001 Toyota Lancruiser wagon, 100series turbo diesel

Micky O

Micky OGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best Tyre I ever had

I've been using BFG A/T on my 4x4s ( Landcruiser/Hilux) for the last 20 years. I've tried others that were cheaper but in the long run were more expensive/km. I just sold my 2002 cruiser and the the buyer was gobsmacked with how many kms I got ~ 120,000! I do four wheeling occasionally, nothing too heavy so they're fine. When I get a new (used) fourby the first thing I do is replace the tyres with BFG's.

Car60/ 80/100 series landcruisers as well as two Hiluxes.
S.B.

S.B.Broussard

Ok

These tires are ok I find they are a little overpriced they last well but do make a good bit of road noise they seem to hum a lot when I am slowing down they do very well on wet pavement which is a plus I can’t have tires that slip and slide on wet pavement that’s dangerous

Car2007 Chevy truck

Low Kms

Only got 40,000kms with my new set of tyres, have a caravan but only done around 15,000kms towing it. Thought I would get more kms than what I got. Now I'm considering another brand. Had Goodrich A/T before on my prado and got nearly 80,0000kms. Not sure why I should consider get these tyres again

CarNissan Pathfinder 2012
Tezza

TezzaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cost and Reliability

I have used BF Goodrich tyres now for the last 4 years and I purchased the All Terrain KO2 of which has been all over Australia on road and Off and sometimes on real challenging tracks. I would like to say these have been the best tyres I have used as I have done 90,000 km with this set and still have probably another 10 - 20,000 km to go with only 1 puncture. The side wall protection has prevented many punctures and this has made my trips cost effective and also time efficient. Highly recommend

CarNissan Patrol 3.0 litre 2016
Rav

Rav

All around positive

I like the KO2. Huge traction improvement in the wet compared to the old KOs. I like everything about them from toughness to traction to sidewall puncture resistance & the aggressive look. Why 4 stars? I’ve done 20,000kms and doesn’t look like it’d do more than 40,000. We’ll it doesn’t matter, I’m hoping to change to KM3 once they’re out.

CarLand Rover Discovery 2