BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2

• Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling

Brad

Brad

Good tyre but crap in the wet

I purchased some ko2 for my bt50 with good reviews from a mate, i found the tyres good in the dry and not to noisy on the bituman. In the wet is where the problem is with these tyres, found them fine in a straight line but to easily slide out cornering, i had no faith in these tyres in the wet. On the positive side i got 70,000 out of them rotating every 10,000.

Tough and reliable but not outstanding

Purchased in January 2017 at Bob Jane T-Marts for $350.00.

Grant M

Grant MMid West, WA

Good tyres but noisy

This is my fourth set of BFG’s, one km2, two sets of ko’s and now this set of ko2s. Have had desert duellers, Cooper STTs, Falkens too.
I like bfgs for the low wear, but god the noise on my Pajero is shocking. I swear they are as bad as the km2’s, and almost as bad as the Cooper STTs. Take away the noise and I would be one happy customer. My wife absolutely hates them.

Purchased in April 2018 at Tyresales.com.au.

4WD Tyres

Find out how BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 compares to other 4WD Tyres

Megan

Megan

Thought they'd be better

Not bad tyres. Can feel the difference in the ride. It's rougher than the duellers. Terrible traction in the wet, I have to drive extra slow or switch to 4H.

Purchased in October 2019 at Tempe Tyres for $1,400.00.

Cockney68

Cockney68Melbourne

Thought they’d be tougher

Went for these as reviews said they were a good tyre for towing etc and pretty tough if you do a bit off road. Only 400kms in and coped a puncture in a rear tyre due to a small not overly sharp stick and not off road. I know these things happen but disappointing when they state on their site....” split and bruise-resistant sidewall rubber and a thicker, extended shoulder to prevent sidewall failures “ they should add Not including small sticks.

Purchased in October 2019.

Malcolm

MalcolmSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not happy with sidewall construction

I purchased 6 KO2 30/10.5/16 tyres for my HZJ75 Troopcarrier last year. In The Kimberley I holed three sidewalls (despite running appropriate tyre pressures and using thoughtful driving technique), once on round rocks, once on sharp rocks and once by a tiny stick. Very, very disappointed with their sidewall protection performance.
I heard similar reports from other outback drivers while travelling. I've done this trip several times in similar vehicles and conditions without drama, though not on KO2s...
I'm due to head out bush again and am going change to 16 inch rims and another brand of tyre this time, not BFG KO2s.

Purchased in May 2018.

S.B.

S.B.Broussard

Ok

These tires are ok I find they are a little overpriced they last well but do make a good bit of road noise they seem to hum a lot when I am slowing down they do very well on wet pavement which is a plus I can’t have tires that slip and slide on wet pavement that’s dangerous

Car2007 Chevy truck

Good tyre but......

Put these tyres on my new Ranger 18mths ago. I have now done 70,000km. I am certain of another 10,000 at least. My only concern is a small split in one of the tyres that has been like that for around 20,000km. It's like the external wall of the tyre has started to seperate and peal like skin that has been sunburnt. It has gotten slightly worse over time but hasn't caused any issues yet.

CarFord Ranger dual cab XLT
Happychapie

HappychapiePerth, WA

ho hum

Ko2s have now done 30,000 ks, 60% bituman,20% dirt roads/tracks 20%CROSS COUNTRY, and dry river banks. Wear 40% these tyres are quite on bitumin, grip well on wet roads, as well handle my GU wagon well on dirt roads up to 110kph, pot holes, bulldust holes etc.
These tyres have 3 puntures, two thru the sidewall outer lugs, and one between the tread.
All these puntures were caused by australian hardwoods (Mulga) so shouldnt be a minus in purchasing these tyres.

Car2004 Di GU Patrol wagon
4WD Tyres

Find out how BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 compares to other 4WD Tyres

Mike

MikeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Pretty Good Everywhere, a Little Nervous In the Wet

Have had these tyres fitted since the car was new, so I cant compare them to the Grandtreks.

Have done 15,000 Km's in all conditions and have found them pretty good overall, but sort of a compromise everywhere at the same time. One thing that i'm not overly happy with is their performance in the wet. Although I haven't had any big moments, they always feel nervous and on the edge of grip.

Very quiet, at least on a Prado. Wear seems non existent so far.

Took a ton of weights to balance every wheel. Don't see other tyres needing this sort of weight qty.

May try Toyo or Good Year next time.

CarToyota Prado 2015