BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2

BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for BFGoodrich? Claim your listing.
William
William

my current tyres for a 2017 camry are hard and bouncy
which brands of tyres suitable for a sedan car has a soft tyres and comfortable rides?

Ali
Ali

Regarding bf goodrich KO2, I wonder if I can install them so their white letters are inside and not visible. Regads

Keithy
Keithy

The KO2 is the All-Terrain tyre, and for the purpose of this question it matters not as both the Mud Terrain and All Terrain have the white lettering.

The answer to your question is yes. Just let the tyre shop know when fitting your new tyres that you'd like the white lettering on the inside, they will be more than happy to oblige.

Cheers

Marc B
Marc B

Hi Ali, yes you can. Cheers

Carl
Carl

How many kms on average are you all getting WITH CONSTANT load on?

Grant M
Grant M

I got 80,000kms off my old KM's on a 1992 GQ Patrol. Size was 33 * 12.5 R15. Major issue was sidewall punctures - 3 over the life of the 4 tyres.

KM2s are a new pattern, so I'm not sure about these.

jamsie
jamsie

Do they hang on in the wet roads I am running BFG AT 265-75-16 and get 100,000 plus so what about the muddies should I change I tow a caravan 3Ton?

Michael

I depend where you go with your 3Ton caravan.

If you head on muddie road it is better for you to get the muddies so that you don't get stuck. From my experience there is a 30% increase in traction from AT to KM2.

If you stay on the bitumen and off road or dirty road when it is not considerably muddie then the AT are better. You have more traction on the wet with the AT. Probably the same percentage the AT loses on the mud, the AT gains it in the wet.

Consumption goes up 10% with the muddies and life spam goes down to 80,000.

So considering that you need grip to slow down the 3Ton, specially on the wet, my advice is to stick with the AT.

Hope this help.

Ghost

Have you found your fuel economy effected?

If so by how much? ta

Michael

10% unfortunately, but I'm happy when I can use them for what they are made... off road.

Ghost

Yeah, I agree on both counts. I went ahead and bought them, very happy with handling, grip, wear, looks and levels of road noise. Pity about the hit to the old fuel economy though. Cheers

Baz4wd
Baz4wd

I have a new set of KM2s and having difficulty with vibration 90-100km fitted to landcruiser 105, anyone else having a problem?

Steve
Steve

I had the same issue. I cleaned mud from the voids in the brake rotors and it was much better. The problem was fixed when I asked the tyre shop to remove the tyres from the rims so I could paint them. There was very large peices of hard mud on the rim lips. Describe this as being if you had left over margarine on your knife and scraped it on the lip of the container. Was on 2 rims like this. I think the rims where not cleaned by the tyre installer. I scraped it and tyres were painted and refitted. AOK

Eric
Eric

Hi about to fit a set of these on a spare set of rims for my off road forays on my 2003 Jackaroo in 255/70/16 size. I'm sure they're a great tyre but would like to know from people who have them about road noise, I really don't want to be going down the road with "wow wow wow" coming through the windows? Any thoughts appreciated

Bryce.C
Bryce.C

You will get a constant howel not so much a "wowwowwow" but its not what I'd call bad. I have 33inch bfg mts on my cruiser and I can drive at 110 on the freeway with he windows down and radio on and still chat to the Mrs without raiseing my voice.Windows up, and the mrs sleeps in the passenger seat. Maybe im that boring, or maybe the tyres are quiet (when compared to other mudies)

I got a mate with the same car as me and he runs micky t claws. Yeah they are better in the mud, buuuutt bad at everything else. Even with the windows up we cant even yell at each other. And thanks to them on wet roads hes now writen off an x5 and a 100 series

Extra Information

Brand Manager for BFGoodrich? Claim your listing.