Big Dog Raw Food

Big Dog Raw Food (page 2 of 2)

• Pet's Life StageAdult (20) · Puppy/Kitten (7) · Senior (1)
  • Side Effects Yes (5) · No (22)
  • Smell

JESS

JESSSydney, NSW

This stuff is awesome!

The food has been awesome for my dog. She had some skin issues as a puppy and we switched diets from Hills kibble to Big Dog. It all cleared up in just over a week so we stuck to the food. She’s now 5 and is super happy and healthy! Never looked back! She has no issues with anything since then and her teeth have been great, we feed dried for her to chew on mainly as well.

I recommend this food to everyone! We had a vet tell us to try it and we can’t thank him enough!

Purchased in December 2014 at PetStock for $23.00.

JEHR

JEHRSouth East Queensland, QLD

My dogs inhale this food!

Purchased in October 2017 at PetStock for $25.99.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Sheridan

SheridanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Big Dog Raw food for cats - the cat range is amazing!!

Purchased in April 2019 at PetStock.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

Shannon D.

Shannon D.South East Queensland, QLD

Wouldn't go anywhere else!

Purchased in March 2019 for $23.99.

Steph G

Steph GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best decision we’ve ever made in regards to my furbaby’s health

My dog has gone from such a fussy eater to absolutely thriving on big dog pet foods and never leaving a speck of food left in her bowl. As such a high energy dog I struggled to find a food she’d actually eat to compliment her very active lifestyle and maintain her weight.
With big dog pet foods not only is she able to maintain a healthy weight she is absolutely thriving on it. We get comments all the time about how gorgeous and healthy she is and I put it down ultimately to her food. Dinner time is now her favourite time of day whereas it used to be a struggle to get her to eat. I can have peace of mind knowing I’m providing her the best possible life she could have.

Purchased in January 2017.

Big Dog Pet FoodsBig Dog Raw Food

Thanks so much Steph, for your review! We love it when we hear positive stories of how healthy dogs are on our food and these stories are made even better when we know how much they look forward to meal time! The Big Dog team :-)

Big Dog is the ultimate raw food!

My dog loves big dog raw food. He has had it since about 6months old. He loves the kangaroo and fish. But really he eats all of them. He eats it so fast we had to introduce a slow feeder cause he loves it that much. We top his food or treat balls or snuffle mat with the freeze dried bites and he goes crazy for them. The raw bites are a great addition on a hot day I just add them as a raw cold treat. Definitely recommend to anyone who wants to get their dog on a wholesome, healthy, human grade diet. My dog is a healthy weight, has healthy poos and doesn't pass stinky wind. Raw food by Big Dog is really the best thing you could do for your pup.

Purchased in April 2017 for $28.00.

Big Dog Pet FoodsBig Dog Raw Food

Thanks so much for the review Lauren! We couldn't be happier to hear how much your boy loves his food and how healthy he is :-) The Big Dog team.

Jessie

JessieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Our Big Dog diet is the key to my pups health

My two Frenchies have been on Big Dog since they were puppies and I wouldn’t trust any other raw food brand to feed them. I wa meticulius in my initial research checking the compny background, history, reviews, stockists and most importantly where they source their ingredients from. Big Dog was the most outstanding provider I found and I’ve never looked back. Their range is fantastic and meets all my pups needs. It is the greatest peace of mind knowing I’ve found the best meal k can for my pups. Thanks guys.

Purchased in March 2019 at PetBarn Physical store for $25.00.

RudolphandHermey

RudolphandHermeyNew South Wales

The best dog food ive ever come across

My dog went from constant weight fluctuations and bad wind to starting this food a few yrs ago. My dogs weight maintains at a steady healthy weight. Not windy. Scoffs it down. Great packaging. Ingredients are fantastic especially being human grade. Price is good for feeding 1 dog.

Purchased in February 2019.

Big Dog Pet FoodsBig Dog Raw Food

Hi RudolphandHermey, thank you so much for your kind words, we are so happy to hear our food has helped with your pups weight and digestive health. The Big Dig team :-)

Yvonne V

Yvonne VPeel, WA

fully balanced RAW meals.

The absolute best raw food meals for dogs. Human grade ingredients, no preservatives or additives, nothing cooked, not preserved, no fillers, no wheat, no grain, no rice, no pasta, just wholesome good balanced meals.
BEFORE using bigdogpetfoods raw...1 dog with pancreatitis, nearly died at 3yo(on vet pres food), I researched pancreatitis for 18 months, I found bigdogpetfoods raw/kangaroo, it SAVED his life, he's 8yo now, living, loving life, no flare ups......
I have a 2yo frenchieX dog, she loves her bigdogpetfoods raw, healthy, happy, satisfied..........THANKS for good natural raw food.

Purchased in February 2019 at Pet City for $27.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Julie Miller

Julie MillerAdelaide, South Australia

Good Well Balnced Raw Diet

I have always fed a raw diet, as it is completely natural, not highly processed like dried dog foods. I have made a home made balanced diet for many years, but will often buy some Big Dog when stuck for time, I board dogs in my home so home made can get time consuming. Big Dog although not as good as mine, is completely balanced, and I haven't found any dogs that won't eat it. Can't believe one review who cooks it and then said dog doesn't like it. It is a RAW food, not meant to be cooked

Big Dog Pet FoodsBig Dog Raw Food

Thanks Julie for the positive review! We're glad to hear that our food is a great alternative for you when you don't get a chance to make it yourself. Kindly, then Big Dog team.

Lilysmum

LilysmumNewcastle

Excellent diet for my Schnauzer

My mini Schnauzer has had digestive issues including a serious case of pancreatitis. We were recommended to go to a raw diet, but I then found Big Dog Wellbeing frozen food in our Petstock store. She loves it, and she seems to be doing really well on it (2 months now) and no digestive issues.

Mem E.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

My dogs wouldn’t eat it after six months.

I was happy to find this raw food available for dogs. At first my two small dogs ate it cooked and they ate it. They prefered Big Dog to even good quality dried food and supermarket sausage, so I was happy. But in time they became less enthused until eventually they refused to eat it - they would rather starve. In curiousity I tried eating it myself. It was inedible, very bitter. Sometimes it didn’t smell fresh when thawed too. I was shocked. So, sadly, I cannot endorse this brand.

Jill Emery

Jill EmeryMalua bay

My Westy loves all the flavours but I give him the kangaroo it's less fat

My dog loves all the flavours but I keep to kangaroo it's less fat wouldn't change a thing his skin even looks better.

Big Dog Pet FoodsBig Dog Raw Food

Thanks so much Jill! This is so wonderful to hear and we're glad your dog loved his Kanga. The Big Dog team.

Sick, Twisted, Disappointing

Used this food for a couple years. I have a picky German Shepherd who actually would eat it. He likes each sachet in four, easy-to-pick-up sections when he eats, so he doesn't get his face dirty.

Tonight, he was particularly picky. So I hand-fed him. In one of the little sections of one sachet, I found what appeared to be a cat claw still attached to its base. Funny, the BEEF Big Dog RAW does not list CAT in the ingredients list. I sincerely hope that this was not a cat claw and belonged instead to one of the animals listed in the ingredients (chicken, beef, etc).

I was mocked by what appeared to be the official Facebook account when I brought it up on Big Dog's Facebook page. Hopefully I am mistaken, but it is very disconcerting.

MandaJ

MandaJSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stopped using due to the smell

arff arff

arff arffnsw

absolutely fantastic product

This is by far the best dog food i have ever come across. My dog digests the different ones realy well. Easy to separate the portion sizes. Been using for years and have never had a bad batch. Price is reasonable.

Big Dog Pet FoodsBig Dog Raw Food

Thank you so much for the great review! We are so happy to hear that you're pleased with our food and more importantly, that your dogs loves it! The Big Dog Team.

shootingstar

shootingstarWOULDN'T U LIKE 2KNOW, Nsw

About Time!

Finally meat without preservatives!! I usually buy human grade mince but this is great! I stopped buying pet meat due to preservatives!! Fish & beef is great the dogs love it!! Good price, great packaging individual portions & there is no leakage from this packaging!!

Big Dog Pet FoodsBig Dog Raw Food

Thank you so much for the positive review! We pride ourselves on being 100% natural, no preservatives, no synthetic vitamins and minerals, only naturally good fresh food. We've so happy to hear you're loving it! The Big Dog Team :-)

David J. Mallett

David J. MallettMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect at Last

We have loved two silky terriers and both experienced digestive problems after consuming common supermarket pet foods. A few years back and after a recommendation, we changed to Dr Billinghurst (Doctor B’s) BARF that was a marked improvement although with minor digestive problems. This food also contained fresh blood that was off putting to our fussy dog. Our present Silky Terriers loves Big Dog Raw Food brand and has never eaten faster, and never been happier and healthier.

Big Dog Pet FoodsBig Dog Raw Food

Hi David, thank you so much for the positive review! We're so happy to hear your Silky Terriers love our food so much and are doing so well. Kindly, the Big Dog team :-)

Sharon

Sharonasked

My welsh springer puppy is very itchy. She has been raised on only raw food- dr barf and big dog alternated with chicken wings & frames. Can u suggest what should I try plz. I bought the combo patties and a vet suggested I cut out chicken.
Thanks sharon

Try Big Dog Kangaroo as it's a single source protein and it helped though hasn't eliminated our Reggies itching. We have come to the conclusion that Reggies itching does seem to be seasonal and products that contain Neem have helped.

gloria_birdsallasked

Would a change from dry grain free dry food be okay for our senior labrador/staffy?
She has been doing well on Ivory Coat Ocean Fish for many years but recently has to be coaxed to eat (she is 13-1/2 yrs). Had skin problems when younger but grain free seemed to fix that.

Big Dog Pet FoodsBig Dog Raw Food

Hi Gloria, thanks for getting in touch with us. Our food would be great for your senior pup! I would recommend our Wellbeing range as it's a great low-fat option for senior dogs and it packed with superfoods to help in maintaining healthy joints. If this is her first time trying raw food we definitely recommending transitioning over a 10-12 day period, slowly increasing her Big Dog portion in the following ratios:
Day 1-3: 20% New 80% Old
Day 4-6: 40% New 60% Old
Day 7-9: 60% New 40% Old
Day 10-12: 80% New 20% Old
Day 12+: 100% New Diet.
All our recipes are great for skin health as they contain no cheap fillers or any synthetic vitamins or minerals. She would need to be fed around 2% of her bodyweight in food.
I hope this information helps and don't hesitate to get in touch with us if you had any other questions! You can reach us here: info@bigdogpetfoods.com

Kindly,
Dayna from Big Dog :)

Thank you Dayna!

gloria_birdsallasked

Would a change from dry grain-free dry food to Big Dog Raw Food be okay for our senior labrador/staffy?

Hi Gloria, it's impossible to give a definite answer cos all dogs digestion differ so much. BUT, if it was me.... I'd mix 1/3 Big Dog to 2/3 the dried food and increase Big Dog over the following couple of weeks. There are some reports that dogs digestion can't cope with a mix of raw and dried food and this worried me when I was transitioning Reggie onto Big Dog, but decided to believe those that said it wasn't a problem at all and luckily for us, that proved to be the case. Reggie can't get the food down quick enough as he loves it so much. Even though he is young and your lady is of a mature age, I'd imagine that the softer raw food will be much easier to consume. As our vet suggested to us, start your lady on the kangaroo, one source protein and easy on the digestion. I have never written a review on dog food before but am so happy to have finally found a product that has been so marvelous for Reggie, that I wanted to share our success story with everyone! The ingredients are so healthy and aligned so well for dogs tummys. So go slowly and I hope that all will be well...another thought, I wonder if her teeth and mouth are causing her issues, that may explain her reluctance to eat kibble...kindest regards

gloria_birdsall

Hi HTH, thank you for your very helpful answer! Good thought re mouth issues - all OK at recent vet visit (and she loves crunching carrot), but we will definitely keep checking. I really think she could be playing the "elderly lady" card as she enjoys the food once she gets started, but only if we add sardines or other tasty morsels. That's fine, but the Big Dog food certainly looks more appetising. Will try the go slow approach as you suggest. Thanks again.... kindest regards, Gloria

Get an answer from our members and Big Dog Raw Food representatives