20Big Dog Raw Dog Food

78% · 7115 · 16%

dmcg
dmcgSydney, NSW
  Raw Dog Food

Convenient and balanced by nature! No synthetics!

Big Dog products have been amazing for raw feeding my dog. His fur always looks shiny as well as being overall healthy. I feed Big Dog with confidence that I’m doing the best for my dog. My only negative is - BRING BACK THE BIG BITES!!!  Show details
Smell
Chick
ChickGippsland, VIC5 posts
  Raw Dog Food

Cat and dog both excellent

My rehome boy loves it, he is really healthy and happy. Started my new kitten on Turkey cat and same. Very healthy and happy. Tell all my friends about it. Thanks  Show details
C H
C HMetropolitan Adelaide, SA23 posts

Best dog food

My Labrador loves Big Dog. The range is great and she loves them all. Would never feed her anything else. Her coat is shiny and she's never been healthier. 1 Show details ·  1
Larelle
Larelle South East Queensland, QLD

Great product

Great raw food, my Bull Arab pup loves it. The conventional packaging is great and easy to store in the freezer. We add extra veggies like carrots, celery, beetroot ect.
We have tired cheaper brands but less satisfied with the quality than Big Dog.  Show details
Smell
Lucy W
Lucy WSydney, NSW7 posts

British bulldog loves it

Moved my bulldog puppy onto this stuff as she became super fussy and didn’t enjoy kibble and sachet foods... we moved her over slowly, initially using Dr B’s raw food, which was a struggle... she didn’t seem to like that either. So I took a chance on Big Dog, hoping to find something she will eat no problem and this seems to be the one! Smashes it morning and night :)

I shopping about pricing up raw diets for her, and this stuff came in on budget compared to other brands that deliver etc. Only problem I have no is freezer space but I wouldn’t really say that’s a negative :) Show details

STEVE
STEVEMetropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts

MY JACK RUSSELL LOVES IT

My boy loves the raw food but I've read reports of a risk of bacteria developing in raw dog food meats as it's not tested like human grade raw meat. Is this possible with big dog food  Show details
Bas
BasSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Good but confusing guides

Our 8 month old dog loved being switched from kibble to big dog raw food. Unfortunately we’ve been struggling to get the right product due to constipation and bowel sensitivity. We thought that the chicken kibble caused diarrhoea so switched to the raw chicken and then combo and finally the kanga but are now struggling with constipation. There is a puppy feeding guide for the kanga but it doesn’t come up on the websites list of recommendations. We’ve been to the vet several times now battling diarrhoea and constipation and it’s awful seeing our dog struggling with her bowels. But she does love the product and overall we feel it’s miles ahead of dry kibble.  Show details
Smell
Winebuff2000
Winebuff2000Sydney, NSW5 posts
  Raw Dog Food

Excellent product but a little pricey

Purchased the “Combo” Big Dog raw food 12 pack is $24.99

Amazing amount of raw foods including chicken, beef, crushed bones, salmon, offal, fruit and vegetables conveniently packed by the portion

The dog eats better than I do lol
I wouldn’t give my dog anything else

It’s a little bit pricey considering I give 3 to my dog on a daily basis so I wish they were a bit cheaper, but overall excellent product Show details

Smell
Steve
StevePerth, WA9 posts

Gave my dogs diabetes

My two border collies have been on this for many many years with nothing else just the odd kangaroo tail and both dogs have came down with diabetes it has to be this food as both can't have it by chance, I would avoid feeding my dogs this if I was you, Show details
Smell
Big Dog Pet Foods
Chocolate_tiger
Chocolate_tigerBrisbane5 posts
  Raw Dog Food

Convenient without compromising on health

My dogs love all the different varieties on offer and it's great having a range to choose from with varying fat contents so that you can tailor to your dogs needs. The prepackaged raw is a great way of feeding my dogs top quality food without spending time making my own batches. It also gives me peace of mind that the bones, organ and muscle meat ratios are balanced. Show details
Smell
Leslie-Anne B
Leslie-Anne BAU4 posts
HappyMummy
HappyMummySouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Easy easy!!!

My fussy dog loves it!! He had no reactions and had tried most flavours. He suffered from some skin issues at one point and the sensitive twinge helped him immensely during recovery. It’s so convenient!! Show details ·  1
Smell
Indy
IndySydney, NSW

Convenient and healthy

I started my 2 dogs on BDRF as a short break, as I was getting tired of being elbow deep in a bloody bucket of chopped meat, offal and grated veges every week. "Temporary" has been 2 months now. The different varieties of Big Dog allowed me to meet their personal preferences and both my dogs love Big Dog Raw Food. I give my frail elderly dog the sensitive skin, chicken or turkey patties and my young active dog the kangaroo, beef or lamb, and they love the stuff and eat every bite. I would like to try rabbit and salmon but these never seen to be available at my store. I'm happy that it's both convenient for me and good for them. Show details
Smell
Nikki
NikkiSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts
  Raw Dog Food
Smell
Nikki
Jasmine C.
Jasmine C.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts
Francis Hector
Francis HectorSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts
  Raw Dog Food

Still waiting for [name removed] to reply to me from 18 months ago?

I complained to the owner that I was not happy with the last few boxes of Big Dog Barf I purchased, mainly because the meat ( if you can call Mush meat) stank of offal.
His reply was they’d look at the formula and get back to me with a reply and a voucher as I’d bought 3 boxes that I ended up giving away.
18 months later and I’ve not heard back from them or him.
The so called meat is so mushy and truly stank of offal.
I now feed the SPD Raw and it looks like real meat and veg or Complete which is all ethically farmed pure meat, not meat meal, no bi products etc.
So yes Big Dog Barf you’ve lost me and a few dozen people I know.
Very poor service, shocking product. Show details

Katy
KatyAdelaide4 posts

Constipation

The dogs liked the food, but have been constipated since starting it about 2 weeks ago! I bought it years ago and returned it for that reason, believing there are too many bones, but forgot that when I bought some this time! Bones are the second ingredient listed on the Rabbit box. I won't buy any more. And like someone else said, the wrapping on each patty is flimsy once cut, with a lot of blood pouring out almost immediately. Show details
Smell
Big Dog Pet Foods
Hammish The Horrible
Hammish The HorribleSouth East Queensland, QLD10 posts
Michelle T.
Michelle T.Wimmera, VIC4 posts
  Raw Dog Food

The Best Dog Food Around!!

In the past I have made my own BARF with great success for my Dobermanns, But when got a new puppy, he simply refused to eat it!! So then reluctantly I switched to canned food! Now I have another puppy and I’ve decided to try BARF once again, and much to my delight I can buy it ready made from my local PETstock, how good is that!! No more mincing, chopping and mixing, it’s all done, frozen and ready to go.. And much to my delight both my dogs love it. They have beautiful shiny fur and are in great condition. Thank you Big Dog BARF for making my life so easy!! Show details ·  1
JRL
JRLWestern District, VIC

Brilliant!

We have been making our own raw food for the past 2 years. It was just a stroke of luck that we noticed this food at our local pet shop. Absolutely love it. We don't have to go to 4 different shops to locate all ingredients any more and the prep time is now zero. The condition of both dogs has improved also so this stuff is obviously better quality than what we were feeding. Happy pups and happy us. Cheers big dog! Show details
Princess
PrincessNorth Queensland, QLD9 posts

Truly Wonderful Dog Food

I have been making our own raw dog food for the past 6 years, and have just recently switched to Big Dog Food. Im so glad that I did. Not only is it much more convenient, but the unexpected positive results Im getting with my dogs has been a huge plus. We have a Catahoula x Bull Arab and a Lhasa x Shiz. My big girl shed a lot of hair. I could vac every day and it still would be everywhere. Now - hardly a thing. Shes got less itches, coat is shiny and hardly anything falls out. Both the dogs condition is perfect. Both dogs love their dinners. Thanks again for a great product. We tell everybody about it and now have a few converts! Show details ·  1
John boy
John boyIllawarra, NSW2 posts

So easy

Heaps good ingredients so much easier than trying to source it yourself.
Give my dog raw meaty bones as well as the barf patties .
Well done for bringing out dog food thats not garbage Show details ·  1
Angie
AngieHunter Region, NSW2 posts

Excellent product

I wanted to feed my caviliar pup raw food but didn't know where to start. I discovered big dog for small dogs and he loves it, I also give big dog big bites and some meaty bones. This product is affordable, healthy and safe and easy to prepare. Show details ·  1
Smell
Morri
MorriGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

General inquiry

Hi big dog team. Just wanted to know if you need to use the probiotic powder with your food for the essential vitamins a dog needs or is this used for dogs that have sensitive stomachs and skin conditions only? Show details ·  1
Holistic Gay L.
Holistic Gay L.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC
  Raw Dog Food

It saved & healed my dog from colitis!

My dog been suffering from colitis and I did everything to help her. I read online the raw diet is best to heal colitis. I tried big dog and I chose it but over "proudi" raw food because big dog has vegetable with the meat for fibre. From the very first day, my dog's poop was little, firm and healthy.
And big dog meat is human grade which is a great bonus. Show details ·  1
Alyssa K
Alyssa KSydney Surrounds, NSW22 posts
  Verified Raw Dog Food

Ally
Ally

Great food!

I have a very fussy beagle. He doesn't like kibble, rice, kangaroo, veggies... I purchased this after he suddenly decided he didn't like his other raw food anymore. We alternate between turkey and sensitive skin (fish) and he eats it so quickly, and goes back to his bowl multiple times to make sure he hasn't missed anything.
I'm also very happy looking at the ingredient list and its much cheaper than the other raw food we were purchasing. I'm very fussy with what we feed him (Ziwipeak for brekky, all his treats are natural and unprocessed), but am happy for him to eat this. Show details ·  1
Mickey
MickeyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC6 posts

Perfect!

My Toy Poodle started on the Small Breed Combo and I haven’t looked back.
I had her on raw meat and she refused to eat dry food so the transition was easy. I found it hard and a lot of fussing to get all the vitamins she needed with plain raw meat but this barf combo has it all. Best of all, it’s so simple and she woofs it down. She is now 10 months old and has been on BD Barf for 2 months now. Show details ·  2
Fortune_Giselle
Fortune_GiselleBrisbane2 posts
  Raw Dog Food
Smell
Emily
EmilyDarling Downs, QLD

Dog loved it but

My German Shepard pup absolutely loves it however it gives him the worst diarrhoea which is a shame because it’s so affordable and such good quality, might go back to it when he’s older Show details
Finn
FinnNorth-West & West coast, TAS6 posts

Finn just loves Big Dog

Finn is a Kelpie/Border Collie X. .Runs 10 /15 ks on the beach everyday .Swims all year round .Never runs out of energy .Just loves his Big Dog for dinner .I buy the combo pack to mix it up a bit Show details ·  1
Chloe
ChloeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC
  Raw Dog Food

KAOS LOVES IT! For a fussy dog he destroys it in a heart beat !

I have a German shepherd called KAOS! He’s a very fussy eater and I’ve tried so many different things even RAW but he just didn’t like it until I got told about Bigdog. WOW what can I say he absolutely loves it! He’s now excited about breakfast & dinner because of the BIGDOG LAMB! Absolute_kaos1 Instagram !! Show details ·  1
Smell
Mary from the dairy
Mary from the dairyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC38 posts

Big Dog Food for my furkids

Best food I have ever fed my two dogs.
Rahni, my rescued Stafford (now sadly deceased) loved hers, as does my new rescued Stafford 'Nala'.
I will not buy any other brand of food for my furry kids. Show details ·  1
Smell
Scott R
Scott RSydney, NSW2 posts
Melissa
MelissaCentral West, NSW324 posts

Get it at Pet Barn

Yes my dog liked the food, BUT......some of the flavours gave him the runs, so I did not persue this raw food brand again because I was so OVER all his loss stools which was occurring about 2 to 3 days weekly and the vet couldn't find anything wrong so I put it down to the food, plus I didn't like the smell of the food itself. Show details
JESS
JESSSydney, NSW

This stuff is awesome!

The food has been awesome for my dog. She had some skin issues as a puppy and we switched diets from Hills kibble to Big Dog. It all cleared up in just over a week so we stuck to the food. She’s now 5 and is super happy and healthy! Never looked back! She has no issues with anything since then and her teeth have been great, we feed dried for her to chew on mainly as well.

I recommend this food to everyone! We had a vet tell us to try it and we can’t thank him enough! Show details ·  1

JEHR
Shannon D.South East Queensland, QLD
Steph G
Steph GSouth East Queensland, QLD
  Raw Dog Food

Best decision we’ve ever made in regards to my furbaby’s health

My dog has gone from such a fussy eater to absolutely thriving on big dog pet foods and never leaving a speck of food left in her bowl. As such a high energy dog I struggled to find a food she’d actually eat to compliment her very active lifestyle and maintain her weight.
With big dog pet foods not only is she able to maintain a healthy weight she is absolutely thriving on it. We get comments all the time about how gorgeous and healthy she is and I put it down ultimately to her food. Dinner time is now her favourite time of day whereas it used to be a struggle to get her to eat. I can have peace of mind knowing I’m providing her the best possible life she could have. Show details ·  1