Big W Photos

• Job Satisfaction
  • Timeliness

Dee77
Dee77

Beware, the new software is poor quality compared to the previous one.

I have previously ordered many Photo books from Big W with great success, however the new software has less options for background colours and embellishment, and is not user friendly. I am currently frozen out as I try to add more photos and the screen freezes and I cannot go back to the project. Total waste of my time. The last book I printed had text cut off the top of many pages, yet no warnings displayed when I was creating. They lure us with half price specials, but can't deliver the quality. Never again!

Quality Slipping

This would be the 7th canvas photo I have ordered from Big W Photos and unfortunately this one is a bit of a disappointment. The canvas isn't as tight to the frame as the others and there is part of the end of a staple sticking out of the wooden frame. It was ordered as a portrait but the hanging strap is for a horizontal picture. I will be using velcro strips to hang it, so I can get around that problem. I am just disappointed in their quality control, I hope the canvas wont sag over time. Please don't let your standards slip.

UNHAPPY

I Have been trying to order for half hour. Not giving right info to allow order. Can't get a password to sign in. Not easy although have done ordering before.

Carla Zizek
Carla ZizekSouth East Queensland, QLD

Convenient

Very convenient but the last 2 sets of photos I have had did have lines through them I was disappointed with photos quality was good colour was also good it was just the lines

laine6
laine6Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Photo books

I used to love, love ,love Big W photo books but this new format is just so basic, boring and so much more time consuming to create. There are no frames, no embellishments, no themed templates and. you can’t rearrange pages. Backgrounds have to be added page at a time. I’ve made a couple of books using this new format only because they were on special. Having said that the actual finished product is excellent.
Think I’ll be looking for something better and less boring even if I have to pay more.

Kith
KithSydney, NSW

Very disappointing

The online photo order platform is very disappointing. I placed one order, I was charged but the order didn't process. Had to contact support and manually get it processed ( it was not an easy task to get help from support for that). Then one of the print in that order was not what I expected ( the portal didn't show a correct preview). The photo came out landscape when I wanted it in portraited. Placed another order for that and that too got stuck!!!

Kellie Nolan
Kellie NolanSydney, NSW

It's ok..

No borders or embellishments anymore so not as great to do album's etc. Was much better before the site upgrade a few years ago. Can't make new projects from albums downloaded awhile ago. Had to add them all over again.

Debmac1
Debmac1Perth, WA

Postage exhorbitant

Great if you want to collect from a store (free). Specials are great value and easy enough to use but postage was more than $40 - about 40% more than my total order and that was standard delivery. In excess of $1200 for express. You can't see delivery fee before you order, different to Big W usual order rates, and can't use Everyday Rewards. Of course it takes a bit of work to compile an order so you are going to pay the postage rather than repeat the whole process on another app. Will be wiser next time.

Store LocationOnline
Sandyk
SandykNorth Queensland, QLD

Photo Book options of backgrounds etc. unsuitable

Ruth P
Ruth PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very disappointed

I am very disappointed with the new website. It is very difficult to navigate with very limited features. I loved the old website. Will be exploring other companies for my next book.

Not happy
Not happyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disappointed

Very disappointed with the new site, I have completed many photo books over the past few years and they have been great. I’m So angry and disappointed that I am unable to reorder previous projects and the lack of features in the new site, no frames, borders or embellishments. Will have to look elsewhere.

Joanne
Joanne Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

New web update crazy.

I have been using the Big W Photo site for at least 7 years to make Photo Books for clients that I take on holidays and I am very disappointed with the new site. Really NO BORDERS for the photos. No little embellishments to add. Very boring, I may look else where.

Dee W.
Dee W.

So Disappointing!

Before 2021 I completed 4 family history books and they have been fabulous. I have just started no 5 and am devastated to find how boring its going to look!!! What's happened to the photo frames and embellishments that make you want to turn each page? I feel like cancelling my progress, despite having paid upfront. I have put so much work into this and am going to be disappointed with the result!! Does anyone from bigw read this??

Photo books - New version disappointing.

Among the various frustrations of using the new version of Big W photo books is the lack of numeric placement of items on the page. The previous version offered a set of numbers for the placement of text and images: eg. left - 260, top - 85. This was useful for being consistent with page numbers and images. In the new version items are placed by eye. I find this to be a sloppy solution.

Store LocationOn line
Brian
Brian
Raeleen W.
Raeleen W.Darwin, NT

New Version of Online Photos is Terrible

Not user friendly. Missing embellishments and borders/frames. Always used Big W Photos for photobooks and calendars. Hadn’t noticed the missing items until I had uploaded all my pics into book