Big W Photos

Big W Photos (page 4 of 7)

See the Best Photo Printing Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Big W

• Rates and Fees
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Timeliness

Laura L.
Laura L.Sydney, NSW

Terrible customer service!

Terrible customer service! The tall lady whom of which has a pale complexion, purple/red hair, wears black squared glasses and round, is very rude (works at Stockland Wetherill Park based store). Messed up printing order 2x, had to go back there and wait for her as she blabbered on with a different customer for 20mins. Had enough so went over and asked for my paid photos that were simply sitting there. She made such a rude face and didn't even say sorry. Regret going to BigW for the photos. Wished I had went to Officeworks or Kmart which have nicer employees.

Amanda W.
Amanda W.Central Queensland, QLD

Over a month and still awaiting family’s Christmas present

Ordered a calendar for family for Christmas within time frame received with incomplete calendar called and said it would be reprinted and still a month later awaiting family’s Christmas present to be reprinted called up local store numourous times to be told they will call when it’s ready.

Nomads
NomadsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy to use program.

Good value and Pleased with final product, however ......
Be aware photos are printed lighter than your originals. You Need to adjust the contrast or brightness to get original true colors.

Disappointed

Ordered a 2020 calendar for a Christmas present and received a 2019 calendar. Was mucked around and had rude customer service from workers just trying to get my order so wont bother asking for my calendar to be fixed and probably wont use Big W photos again.

Ouranita
OuranitaSydney

Poor colour quality and clumsy photobook creating process

I wanted to try Big W photo printing services for single prints and photo book gifts. A very disappointing result for single prints. I ensured the images were high resolution, high quality and individually adjusted for best settings in Photoshop. The colour cast and brightness/contrast results on the prints are extremely disappointing. Faces/skin tones look very washed out and pasty. I had ordered these prints to send as gifts. Now they are in the rubbish bin.

The photo book process is clumsy and laborious. After several hours creating a photobook, the software would not allow me to complete the purchase - it stopped midway through the ordering process and would not allow me to exit or proceed further. Disappointment all round.

Chele
ChelePerth, WA

Software not user friendly

Follow up with the staff is exceptional. They are always there ready to help. I now will have a great memory of my trip in photo book form, although the photos are not pristine quality, despite having the book reprinted for me at no extra cost.

photo books and the site

I have been making my family photo books since 2010 one maybe 2 every year without fail I have to say the website hasnt changed it really needs new backrounds, emblishments, frames and a lot more new and modern items in there, the site is slow and very often slow to load any photos in there and it not my computer or internet speed it would also be helpful if you could do more editing in the program as well
Come on guys keep up with the trends and get more in there

Blurry photos

I ordered 300 photos (first time ordering photos online) and am terribly disappointed. The photos arent sharp as they should be. And some heads were chopped off at the top. Not sure if this was a bad batch.

Angela
Angela

Not very happy

The soft cover photo book came damaged, cracked on one side and bended, not packed properly to protect the photo book. No email confirmation about the order, although the order came pretty quickly.

Really poor quality prints

I ordered some prints and canvases. The prints were so dark the people in them looked as if they had a different skin tone. Really disappointed with the quality and the fact they took almost 2 weeks to print the canvases took less than a week. No advantage to ordering on line at all.

Andy
AndyDarwin, NT

Online experience great, in-store service needs work!

Online specials were great, web page user friendly, and finished products i.e, calendars and photo books were great. Free and timely delivery to a store near me is an attractive feature. Pick up service was poor as it was unattended twice. Maybe a counter bell or buzzer be installed to notify staff?

WING
WINGSydney

Not what I expect.

If you are look for instant prints and you do have choice, I recommend you to go OFFICEWORK rather than BIGW or KMART. I used all of three services print 4x6 and 5x7inch photo. The colour is far different from the actual photo and edge cutting[bleeding area] is not quite actual as well. The border one will look nicer than no border on [overall comments]. It happen couple times print ghost shadow for the photo. Quite disappointed and I don't think I will use it again.

molly_chick
molly_chickGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Slow and Tired website. Needs updating

I have been using Big W's online photo calendars for at least 10 yrs now and create many every Xmas for friends and family. Although the price for the calendars are reasonable when they are on special, the website is so slow to load up and I think Fujitsu or Big W need to update the boarders and backgrounds and embellishments they offer for the calendars. In the whole time i have been creating these calendars it is still the same things i can add as to what it has been for the last 10 yrs. Please update your embellishments and boarders for the online calender's and update your website as its always slow to load up and to sign into and to upload my photos to it. If i could find somewhere else to do my calender's i would .

Warren
WarrenFar North Queensland, QLD

Do not Expect to get what you see!

Kathy
Kathy

Your software stopped working before the discount deadline..

Well I’ve been trying to take advantage of the photo book sales in this past month. The sale ended 15 minutes ago and I’ve been battling to get your fujifilm software to load for my $94 (now $124) album for 2 hours. Deadline missed... unreliable software... I can’t even get the projects to load.
What a waste of 4 hours creating this book for the deadline.
Oh! And the pop up said to contact support for help... but there’s no link or number.
Oh! Oh! The mobile app wouldn’t recognize my password when I tried to pay for the project via that..

Paula
PaulaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed

Just got my order today and I am a bit disappointed. I ordered a black & white canvas but the color came kind of sepia. The quality of the canvas seems ok, but not happy at all with the color.

Cols
ColsSouthern and Hills, SA

Not helpful service

Waited eternity for service which was not helpful and then another assistant tells me something different after I already had lost 160 photos, proceeded with another way and lost 260 photos Not Happy

cant order photo book

I have tried to get on the website to order a photobook it keeps wanting me to download android app and I'm trying to do it on a surface2 which is not compatible with the app why won't it let me just do an online order so frustrating chat lady tried to help but couldnt

Nessie
NessieMOOLOOLABA

Terrible Quality

The photos I had developed at Big W are extremely poor quality. The paper is very thin and the colour quality is worse than a basic home printer. Very disappointed and won't be using this service again.

Ashley
AshleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst system ever.

Spent 2 hours of my life trying to use the competitive system at runaway bay big w for it to be deleted and then not have a layout I needed for the right picture. Horizontal or virtical which all pictures come in. Will never go back and they missed out on a photo book worth $200.

Kim G
Kim GGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

photos great - personalised items NOT

Heather J
Heather JBundaberg 4670

Instructions for making a photo book on line.

I found using your photo book program very limited in instructions & explanations on how to use the program & the symbols provided & what they actually do. Staff in store were confused also & could not provide much information either.

Ellie
Ellie

Poor Quality Photo Book

After reading many good reviews, I created my first photobook with BigW, the software was easy to use, I got a good deal and ordered an 8x11" Personalised Hard Cover Book. The quality of the printed book was not good at all, the photos I got by my mobile phone with 8-12Mb camera looked very bad and I could see the dots in each photo. Some of the photos were taken by a professional photographer, but even they don't look fresh and the colors are disappointing. The paper is thin and wont last too long! I wasted $60.

Julie
JulieMallabula

What's changed?

I have done several books in the past and been thrilled with the outcome.
After getting back from a trip, I have tried to do another one.
Most pictures are failing to upload, site "locks up".
Help button goes to an automated helpdesk which has failed to help me.
Help via fb gave me a phone number.
Have been sent links to update javascript, which my browser does not support.
Was also advised I could go instore, to upload pics. Travelled a 1hr round trip to closest store, spend approx 1 hr there uploading pics, to my account... got home to find they are not there?
Have never had a problem in the past, but I am feeling totally frustrated now.

Very poor quality photos

I order quite a large number of photos via their online site. Upon collection I discovered the photos were of an incredibly poor quality. The photos are flat in colour, have an odd greenish colour cast and lack sharpness. In the past I've used office works (which is cheaper) and I would recommend them as the quality is considerably better.
Big W may be great for photo books based on previous reviews but I recommend you get photos printed elsewhere.