Big W Photos

Big W Photos (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Photo Printing Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Big W

• Rates and Fees
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Timeliness
  • Return Claim MadeYes · No (59)

Photobooks gone to sh*%

Have created and purchased photobooks with Big W for years. Since the new update which is terrible and a nightmare to use. I am not happy at all with the product compared to what I used to receive. I was so excited to pick it up after having to find out myself it was ready to collect which they normally send a message, but not now.
Opening up my photo book to view...I find my front page has a white line down the side...but with my 9 other photobooks I’ve created never had this issue.
The new back cover also makes it feel dodgy and is white instead of black and glossy like the old ones which made it easy to clean them.
Very disappointed.

Store LocationBig W Taigum

Photobooks and absolute disaster

I have done several photobooks through big w in the past, now they’ve changed their platform to Fuji and it’s a disaster! Way more difficult to work out, can’t save your job and not at all user friendly!! I don’t know why they changed.... they’ve lost me.

TAO
TAOQueensland

Photo book nightmare

Store LocationOnline
Heather Shaw
Heather ShawVictoria

Photobook. Shocking service and program

This program is hopeless since they changed to Fuji. Can’t even change page order or do banners etc Project Kept freezing 3 hours on hold for service. Emails answered 4 days later. Only to be told I didn’t save project. Even tho I have done lots of photo books and was up to page 70. Lost project and lost me as a customer until they fix their program

Store LocationOnline

L&R
L&RSouth East Queensland, QLD

BigW PHOTO BOOKS. Now MUCH harder to compile

Lobita14
Lobita14Sydney, NSW

Photos and books are ok

I have not problem with the photo lab quality of their products, but some of my last two photo orders were never notified to me. I needed to call to the store and chase orders, and find out that one was never done (after 2 weeks) and another one was done but never got the email telling me that it was ready for pick up.
Not sure if it is miscommunication between staff or simple a problem with their email notification system.

Store LocationMacarthur Square, Campbelltown, NSW
JDY
JDYGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

the website will test your patience

The website literally kept crashing and I have to start all over again for 20x. It is not user friendly. After exerting too much effort, the whole album was empty—

Also, you have to upload photos a numerous times— then end up with no photo uploaded. The “save” icon doesnt save anything.

Cathy J
Cathy JGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Average quality

After hearing a few good reviews from friends, I decided to go with Big W to get some prints done.
Ordered 2 x canvas prints and a couple of photos.
First of all I was supposed to get free shipping as I’m in lockdown in Vic (as stated on your website) yet still charged the full price for shipping - not happy.
Canvas prints arrived today. One of them was pretty good, the quality was great but the second one was dark, blurry and very poor quality. So bad in fact that I’ll have to get it done again.
The photos I ordered that were ‘next day’ still haven’t arrived and were done a week ago.
Not impressed!!!

Moiramappers
MoiramappersSydney Surrounds, NSW

Photobook nightmare

Since changing to Fuji photobooks the ease of creation has bombed. Can’t rearrange pages, can’t step backwards, doesn’t have embellishments or borders, and most infuriatingly of all you can’t clear used pictures. Therefore when creating a 100 pg photobook you must scroll through hundreds of photos each time. Prints are great but forget the photobooks!

glynintassie
glynintassieBarrington

So disappointed in new BigW Photos web-site.

Store LocationBigW Photos on-line.
Diane
DianeSydney, NSW

BigW photos new platform

Staci
StaciAU

NOT ABLE TO SAVE

WHY doesn’t the app allow me to save my project?!!! What’s the point of creating something if you can’t save it? I’ve lost everything. Don’t waste your time. Far more reliable apps out there.

Store LocationOnline app

Find out how Big W Photos compares to other Photo Printing Services

Hours and hours of work lost

I had a 16x12 project saved on old site which took me many hours to do. Without warning it was deleted because they are no longer printing that size album.

David
DavidSydney, NSW

Changed website and lost project I was working

My wife was working on a book to send to her parents in the UK with 400 photos. Big W upgraded without warning and we lost many hours work. Would risk using them again.

Store LocationOn ;ine

I found what I was wanting to do not very user friendly

I was putting a photo on 2 coffee mugs. When I received them they certainly were not what I was expecting. There was not enough explanation on where to place the photo. I thought I would be getting a full photo on one side of mug but I got a very small photo (postage stamp size) on the side of the mug opposite the handle. I have been back into my store to see what I had done wrong and how this happened but didn’t get much joy as the staff didn’t really know what happened.

Store LocationGeelong

All sorts of problems with new big W photo website

Words & photos to blurry to see. I've used 2 different browsers with the same result. You need to zoom in to read the text you type but the type option doesn't work on zoom so when you type you have to zoom out again & everything is unfocused. I am getting headaches doing my books. The features are very limiting without many backgrounds to choose from & no borders. No embellishments. Fonts are very limiting to & bare no relationship to the sizes they were before. Also doesn't seem like any of the suggestions to improve the site have been actioned. Very disappointing.

michelm
michelmSydney, NSW

A real head ache to work with.

Store LocationWinston Hills and phoned Maryland
Susan
SusanHunter Region, NSW

Very dissatisfied

I ordered a cushion cover with my late fathers portrait on it for my mother for Mother's Day.
Dissapointed would be an understatement!
I uploaded a photo of my father and his dog, and this is how it was printed,with the top part of his head missing.
Needless to say, I won't be using the service again.

Store LocationNSW
Kiera C
Kiera CPerth

New Photo Book Website is TERRIBLE

If I could give 0 stars I would. I was making a photo book for my mother's 50th. After spending ten 12 hour days on my photo book, when I went to order, the whole thing was gone, despite saving always. It just went completely blank whilst in my cart. I will now not have a present. The time off work and life that I took out to complete this I cannot get back. There is no number to call either, just an email. Devastated. Disappointed. Angry. Will NEVER use again.

Terrible

Ordered a set of stock standard photo, all the same size 4 x 6 and all the same finish. Paid express post for them think they should arrive in a week or so. 8 days later I finally receive confirmation they have been shipped. I wouldn’t expect them to be shipped straight away but 8 days later? Appalling service. No communication, couldn’t even track the order. Will not use again.

Store LocationOnline photoshop
Grammy
GrammyNew South Wales

Recent upgrade disappointing

Having recently completed a project was keen to complete another album. Have found the upgrade has removed a large number of features. Background, embellishments. Will be looking at other sites.

Unhappy with upgrade of site.

I have made dozens of beautiful books for friends and family over many years. Most with big W I always found their site to be the best user friendly site of all. Background colours and themes seem to be gone along with embellishments and frames etc etc. I am finding it difficult to tilt photos on an angle and to rearrange pages appears to be a no go. First time users may think this site ok but after using old site this upgrade doesn’t measure up at all. Looking forward to seeing some improvements perhaps before looking for one more user friendly.

Store LocationOnline orders only for me
Diane
DianeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Changed Website

The upgrade to this website is terrible. Where are the textured backgrounds, embellishments, borders and choice of fonts. I was also nearly finished a book and it disappeared, after many hours of preparation. Not happy. All old projects have also disappeared. I will not be using this site again.

Abbycat1
Abbycat1Sydney Surrounds, NSW

An "Upgrade" to the site has erased my projects

35 pages, and a lot of hours wasted. They "upgraded" their site. All of my work is gone and can't be recovered. Very unhappy and taking my business elsewhere.
They managed to save my photos, but not my projects. Surely, if they could do one, they could do the other?

Nomads
NomadsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy to use program.

Good value and Pleased with final product, however ......
Be aware photos are printed lighter than your originals. You Need to adjust the contrast or brightness to get original true colors.

Store LocationPakenham