Big W Photos

Big W Photos (page 4 of 6)

Listing monitored by Big W

• Rates and Fees
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Timeliness

cant order photo book

I have tried to get on the website to order a photobook it keeps wanting me to download android app and I'm trying to do it on a surface2 which is not compatible with the app why won't it let me just do an online order so frustrating chat lady tried to help but couldnt

Nessie
NessieMOOLOOLABA

Terrible Quality

The photos I had developed at Big W are extremely poor quality. The paper is very thin and the colour quality is worse than a basic home printer. Very disappointed and won't be using this service again.

Ashley
AshleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst system ever.

Spent 2 hours of my life trying to use the competitive system at runaway bay big w for it to be deleted and then not have a layout I needed for the right picture. Horizontal or virtical which all pictures come in. Will never go back and they missed out on a photo book worth $200.

Kim G
Kim GGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

photos great - personalised items NOT

Julie
JulieMallabula

What's changed?

I have done several books in the past and been thrilled with the outcome.
After getting back from a trip, I have tried to do another one.
Most pictures are failing to upload, site "locks up".
Help button goes to an automated helpdesk which has failed to help me.
Help via fb gave me a phone number.
Have been sent links to update javascript, which my browser does not support.
Was also advised I could go instore, to upload pics. Travelled a 1hr round trip to closest store, spend approx 1 hr there uploading pics, to my account... got home to find they are not there?
Have never had a problem in the past, but I am feeling totally frustrated now.

Very poor quality photos

I order quite a large number of photos via their online site. Upon collection I discovered the photos were of an incredibly poor quality. The photos are flat in colour, have an odd greenish colour cast and lack sharpness. In the past I've used office works (which is cheaper) and I would recommend them as the quality is considerably better.
Big W may be great for photo books based on previous reviews but I recommend you get photos printed elsewhere.

Macartt
MacarttSunshine

If you have a fairdinkum True go ... You may surprise yourself !

Steve
SteveGold Coast

Can't they print photos in order?

I took in my sd card with over 500 photos on it and was assured they would be printed in order. I am so glad I use a date stamp on my photos. It took me over an hour to get them back into the correct date order. The dates were all over the place. I was quite disappointed. At least they still had the date on them unlike some I had done by Kmart.

Jem
JemWestern Australia

Quick service, cheap but good quality products

Find out how Big W Photos compares to other Photo Printing Services

Need to refine the efficiency of the App

Apparently no option to insert some printed headings
Several dropouts when final photos were loaded for no apparent reason
More options desirable for automatic photo layouts
No back cover photo options
Cover layouts have severe restriction

Sassy
SassySouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor quality

I’ve ordered 5x glass print over the period of a year, the first two was ok, for the price. The next two were beyond horrible, patchy/colour was inconsistent, overall very grainy. I contacted big w, sent in some photos, they refunded the purchase, said there was a fault with the printer, apparently no one checks them before sending. I recently ordered another one, and once again the quality is just so poor!! I know it’s not the picture, as it was a professional photo shoot and I’ve had the same picture blown up much larger on canvas as a gift for my MIL and it was gorgeous! So poor quality and they either don’t check their work or they just send it anyway.

Oska
OskaTOWNSVILLE

Disappointed with consistence in production..

Teaspoon
TeaspoonSydney

Poor quality photos

My last couple of orders have had terrible quality prints. Going back, it appears that the quality has been lost during upload as well. I have tried re-uploading the images as there is no fault in the original picture - The same thing has happened.
The result is fuzzy, terrible quality photos.
I am also now unable to upload from my Mac, having to use the app on my phone.
I will be looking for another printer.

Sez
Sez

Terrible quality. Long wait

I wanted to print off a few photos in store. Only to be told by the lady I would have to download the app and do it from home. In which I did. My photos took over three weeks to come. And I sent countless emails with no reply.
When I finally received my photos they were horrible
Which is surprising considering the photos I printed were professional photos from a studio
I have printed the same photos elsewhere for them to come out perfect.

I am so disappointed in the whole experience I will not be using bigw photos again.

Tammy
TammyNew South Wales

It's decent

It was great but not that clear few pictures were dark or dull. I was not that happy with it.

Dannipee
Dannipee

Photo books & canvases are good but basic photos not so

Have liked the canvases printed, colours are great. Also the photo books have been fun to put together and look fab.
However when printing normal size photos the colours are often off and usually pretty dark prints,such a shame as those have been incredibly disappointing time after time

Rob
RobMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not even user friendly

Software makes it difficult to compile a photo book even for a competent computer user. No point in saving, you may as well start over again than trying to find your saved album. Try opening contact page, gives you no links to go anywhere. If you want to DUMP a load of photos in an album great, otherwise find a better web site. Pretty poor Big W.

Can't use app to create a calendar

Where do you go to start to create a calendar book in this Big W app???
Has anyone been able to find a way to do it?

Lex
LexSydney, NSW

15 business days and still waiting on my canvas photo prints

I've had poster prints done on paper from Big W in the past, and been really pleased with the quality. However my current order for canvas prints seems to be in limbo, still in production after 3 weeks (15 business days).
I've tried contacting Big W by email but have only received auto generated responses.
HELP>>>> Does anyone have a suggestion? I can't find a phone contact on their website.

Ordering from app fine, instore horrible!!

I ordered around 120 photos from the app, took a week, but it was worth the wait, photos were clear and good quality. However I thought It might be better to go instore this time to order my photos as it would be much quicker, I ordered all photos in black and white and when I picked them up the next day, compared to my photos I ordered previously they have a purplish tinge! They look horrible up against the other photos ( they are all up on the wall). Would use the mobile app again, just never instore!!

Their website is broken

I honestly do not know how anyone has ever ordered photograph gifts from them. My wife and I spent 20 minutes on their website and could get no where. We pressed the "Login/register" button and it took us to their mobile app. We clicked on "shop now" by the photo gift we wanted...and they took us to the mobile app. I don't want to download their stupid app!

I've never tried so hard to spend money before. Whoever designed this website should be fired and go work in an S&M dungeon beating politicians.

Kal
KalCanberra

TOTAL WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY

Bec
BecMelbourne

Don't waste your time and money here

milescheifetz
milescheifetzSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wasted much time

I wanted to print a msg & photos of me for Mother's Day on a mug (& post it to her in Sydney), but I kept getting the same error msg: "This product is not available". The Big W Strathpine Centre worker said she couldn't help and then she became defensive, telling me she doesn't work for Fuji[film]. But it is Woolies selling the product instore & profiting from it so that is an unacceptable response. I would have liked to have my mum see me every day even though I'm now 900km away. Disenchanted.

ChelseaJaronCharlie
ChelseaJaronCharlieQLD, 4227

Do NOT bother with Big W Photos

The service I received today was disgusting. I asked the lady for help and she grunted at me and flat out refused for help and when I'd had enough and she got annoyed she stormed over, grabbed my phone and went through my phone WITHOUT my permission. I find this so disgusting and unprofessional. If you hate your job that much why work in customer service. When I told her I was going to complain she covered her name badge and still ignored me. Will not bother going back!