Big W Photos

• Rates and Fees
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Timeliness

Quality Slipping

This would be the 7th canvas photo I have ordered from Big W Photos and unfortunately this one is a bit of a disappointment. The canvas isn't as tight to the frame as the others and there is part of the end of a staple sticking out of the wooden frame. It was ordered as a portrait but the hanging strap is for a horizontal picture. I will be using velcro strips to hang it, so I can get around that problem. I am just disappointed in their quality control, I hope the canvas wont sag over time. Please don't let your standards slip.

Carla Zizek
Carla ZizekSouth East Queensland, QLD

Convenient

Very convenient but the last 2 sets of photos I have had did have lines through them I was disappointed with photos quality was good colour was also good it was just the lines

Job Satisfaction
laine6
laine6Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Photo books

I used to love, love ,love Big W photo books but this new format is just so basic, boring and so much more time consuming to create. There are no frames, no embellishments, no themed templates and. you can’t rearrange pages. Backgrounds have to be added page at a time. I’ve made a couple of books using this new format only because they were on special. Having said that the actual finished product is excellent.
Think I’ll be looking for something better and less boring even if I have to pay more.

Kellie Nolan
Kellie NolanSydney, NSW

It's ok..

No borders or embellishments anymore so not as great to do album's etc. Was much better before the site upgrade a few years ago. Can't make new projects from albums downloaded awhile ago. Had to add them all over again.

Job Satisfaction

Debmac1
Debmac1Perth, WA

Postage exhorbitant

Great if you want to collect from a store (free). Specials are great value and easy enough to use but postage was more than $40 - about 40% more than my total order and that was standard delivery. In excess of $1200 for express. You can't see delivery fee before you order, different to Big W usual order rates, and can't use Everyday Rewards. Of course it takes a bit of work to compile an order so you are going to pay the postage rather than repeat the whole process on another app. Will be wiser next time.

Store LocationOnline
Ruth P
Ruth PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very disappointed

I am very disappointed with the new website. It is very difficult to navigate with very limited features. I loved the old website. Will be exploring other companies for my next book.

Joanne
Joanne Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

New web update crazy.

I have been using the Big W Photo site for at least 7 years to make Photo Books for clients that I take on holidays and I am very disappointed with the new site. Really NO BORDERS for the photos. No little embellishments to add. Very boring, I may look else where.

Photo books - New version disappointing.

Among the various frustrations of using the new version of Big W photo books is the lack of numeric placement of items on the page. The previous version offered a set of numbers for the placement of text and images: eg. left - 260, top - 85. This was useful for being consistent with page numbers and images. In the new version items are placed by eye. I find this to be a sloppy solution.

Store LocationOn line
Brian
Brian

Photobooks

Have done many photobook s calendars and other things with Big W....I am waiting for the site improvement as stated...can you advise when this will be please.
I want to continue to support Big W but at present without borders...embellishments..
And many other previous features...and paying the same price...the decision to stay loyal is becoming more difficult...look forward to the added changes...many thanks

marian
marianPerth, WA

New web page disappointing

I have been making calendars and photo books through bigw since 2010 and have been very happy with the experience. Unfortunately the new webpage is disappointing, the lack of embellishments and limited borders and backgrounds is the reason I have now switched to a competitor.
Hopefully I can return once this had been addressed.

Store LocationWhitfords

Very poor magnets but Great Calendar.

The calendars I ordered were great, I just love them. I order one every year. This year I thought i would add a few magnets as Christmas gifts. Every single magnet has fallen apart less than one day of being put on each person's refrigerators. Very poor quality and very upsetting that I've gifted 5 horrible magnets with my daughters photo in them.

delightcupcake
delightcupcakeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Have used 3 times already

I have made calendars using Big W photos for Christmas 3 years in a row now. Really love the idea, especially when it goes on sale for half price which makes it more affordable!
The only thing is it can be a bit confusing and hard to navigate. The computer is a bit hard to use and is slow so can make the process time consuming. Apart from that, I really like it!

Find out how Big W Photos compares to other Photo Printing Services

Some improvements would be useful

I made a very large family history album and found it difficult to read the writing I was placing in the album because it did not allow me to enlarge it. For that reason I had one copy printed and used it to edit the album so I could buy six, one for each of my children. There were problems with the printing but these were eventually sorted out by a kind representative of the company and the completed and very satisfactory albums arrived in time to be Christmas gifts. Because of the difficulties I was offered a discount which I accepted gratefully.

Incredulous
IncredulousPerth, WA

Magic Wow Mug disappointing

The mug was amazing the first time. Worked fast and the print was perfect. But after *one* use, it has not gone completely black again - we've tried a couple more times and it's been 24 hours since the last try - and so you can see the design quite clearly. This was a novelty gift and I am really disappointed.

Michele
MicheleSouth East Queensland, QLD

The upgrade is much poorer!!!

Since whatever upgrade was done to this site, the outcome & options are much poorer quality! I have created many photobooks using Big W Photos, but after picking up my recent one I am quite disappointed! Pictures were grainy, the first page was actually stuck to the front cover, no option to frame photos, no icons to add & very few choices for backgrounds etc. I hope it improves as generally I am quite satisfied with the results & find it easy to use!